Page 1 of 3

[ABD] [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:43 pm
by Stoker 4.0
Extension Name: Pageloader
Author: Stoker
Version: 1.0.2
PhpBB Version: 3.1.X and 3.2.X

Description:
A nice centered Page Loader will display when pages are loaded.
With javascript disabled users wont see the loader.

Download:
http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2689

Demo:
http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com

Installation:
  1. Copy the entire contents of the repository to ext/stoker/pageloader/
  2. Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Extension Management -> Extensions.
  3. Click Enable.

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:03 pm
by lopoto
THX look nice :D

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:30 pm
by Ibedejo
Deactivated ABP on your site but still being rejected from access ...
Does it mean I have to additionally allow e.g. google analytics script or the like in order to download any of your exts/styles?

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:54 pm
by spaceace
Ibedejo wrote:Deactivated ABP on your site but still being rejected from access ...
Does it mean I have to additionally allow e.g. google analytics script or the like in order to download any of your exts/styles?
you have to completely disable all ad blockers to see his content unless your are fast enough to click stop while loading the page ;)

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:26 pm
by Ibedejo
spaceace wrote:you have to completely disable all ad blockers
The term "adblocker" seems to be misleading in this case - or at least open to interpretation ;)
The way it is handled now is, imho, way beyond preventing the blocking of ads (which is legitimate - and every now and then I even don't care deactivating ABP).
But having to widely open the gates for tracker and analytic scripts as well is ... okay, be it like it is.

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:42 pm
by spaceace
Ibedejo wrote:The term "adblocker" seems to be misleading in this case
yes... i should have been more clear as it's ad as well as script blockers... this is clearly stated in his signature :lol:

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:02 pm
by kasimi
Hit Ctrl+Shift+K in Firefox or Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome, paste this and hit enter:

Code: Select all

$('.post:first').parent().show(); 
By the way, the loading image won't disappear if JavaScript is disabled.

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:14 pm
by Ibedejo
;)

IOU

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:12 am
by Stoker 4.0
kasimi wrote:Hit Ctrl+Shift+K in Firefox or Ctrl+Shift+J in Chrome, paste this and hit enter:

Code: Select all

$('#crapblock').show(); 
By the way, the loading image won't disappear if JavaScript is disabled.
Hey! :lol:

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:36 am
by Kinsman
Yup had to delete this one as the site is unusable for anyone without java installed.

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:00 am
by Stoker 4.0
Kinsman wrote:Yup had to delete this one as the site is unusable for anyone without java installed.
Please explain in which way it is unusable???

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:45 am
by Kinsman
Just quoting my linux user here. ;)
hey whats is this stooopid spinning lines that stop me selecting stuff ?
everypage, like its trying to load something. its a spiny graphic that is in middle screen...
its labelled "pre-load inner" .... ?!!?
and also
kasimi wrote: By the way, the loading image won't disappear if JavaScript is disabled.

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:49 am
by Stoker 4.0
Kinsman wrote:Just quoting my linux user here. ;)
hey whats is this stooopid spinning lines that stop me selecting stuff ?
everypage, like its trying to load something. its a spiny graphic that is in middle screen...
its labelled "pre-load inner" .... ?!!?
and also
kasimi wrote: By the way, the loading image won't disappear if JavaScript is disabled.
None of it makes the site unusable ;)

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:05 pm
by Kinsman
spinning lines that stop me selecting stuff ?
If you say so.

Re: [RC] Pageloader

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:58 pm
by Stoker 4.0
Kinsman wrote:
spinning lines that stop me selecting stuff ?
If you say so.
I have no problem selecting text...