[ABD] Auto db Backup

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
HWN-de

Re: [3.2][RC] Auto db Backup

Post by HWN-de »

Had anybody ever said THANKS to david63 ???

After half a day of searching what was responsible for the trouble when upgrading to phpbb3.2 this thread brought back the smile in my face - THANKS !!!
webDo

Post by webDo »

Thanks for this update! ;)

In your first post you made a typo. It's nothing special but I copied your rooth path and in that case the ext doesn't show up.

root/ext/david63/autobdbackup --> root/ext/david63/autodbbackup
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Also getting no backups inisde the store folder. The clock is moving forward to next backup time and showing correctly, but it just stores nothing at all. Ok I have setup 24 hours backup time or must I do less time between to get it running ?
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
david63

Post by david63 »

Is the store folder CHMOD to 777?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Sure. I got the extension since 3.1 and it also stored the backups there without problems. I deleted all old backups from 3.1 Version and changed time to 1 Hour now for testing. Hope this helps.

Extension Developments:
digitaltoast

Post by digitaltoast »

Many thanks for this great plugin and the update.

However, I'm having the same problem as above - I set it to next backup at 18:00 and to backup every 12 hours.

But 6pm passed, and when I reloaded, it was set to next backup at 6am (which is correct) but nothing in the store directory, which has 777 permissions.

If I run a manual database backup, it produces a file. Just as a thought it might be nice to have a way of immediately triggering it. Also, where would we look for any log?

Thanks!
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Ok after changed to 1 Hour I got one backup made. Now changed to 12 Hours and will see tomorrow what about this. A strange thing after change the time from 1 Hour to 12 Hour the extension telling mine time xx:37 is not allowed and I had to change between xx:35 and xx:40 ??

One thing also to say I disabled optimize database. Don't know if this had something to do with a working backup or not. Normally my Database Table does not need any kind of optimize at all. That could be might result an error ?

Extension Developments:
digitaltoast

Post by digitaltoast »

Just to update, I've turned off optimize and it still didn't work, so I changed it to 1 hour and changed from bzip to gzip. Will report back.
deanmoke

Post by deanmoke »

Is there a fix for this yet? I tried all of the suggestions but no there's no backup being saved.
Thanks,
Dean
david63

Post by david63 »

deanmoke wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:30 am Is there a fix for this yet?
As far as I am aware there is nothing to fix. I cannot replicate any of the above problems and I, and I know for a fact that others, have this working without any problems.

If it is not saving to the store folder then could you take a look at your server error logs to see if there is anything being reported there.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
bcurran3

Post by bcurran3 »

FYI: I too have the weird time issue. Backups are set for midnight, they happen 16 hours later (~4PM)

hmmmm, don't have rights to post pics here....damn.

Auto database backup settings

backup frequency 24/7
day 8 month 2 year 2017
hour 0 minute 36

admin log shows
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:36 backup file uploaded to dropbox
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:36 Auto database backup complete

cron shows
cron.task.core.auto_db_backup February 6th, 2017, 4:36 pm February 7th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Another weird thing is that I got a Windows 10 notification once that the file was backed up to my Drobox, but it's not there.

using 2.1.0-rc1 on phpBB 3.2
david63

Post by david63 »

bcurran3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:18 pm I too have the weird time issue. Backups are set for midnight, they happen 16 hours later (~4PM)
Just because you set the time for midnight does not mean that it will run at midnight. The way that Cron works in phpBB is that it is only triggered when there is some activity on the board, and even then it will depend on what other tasks are in the queue, with each one being triggered by an activity on the board. If you have a very quiet board then it is possible that the cron jobs will take some time to actually start - although 16 hours does sound a bit excessive (are you sure that it is 4PM and not 4AM?)

I
bcurran3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:18 pm Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:36 backup file uploaded to dropbox
That would seem to indicate that the job ran at 04:36, not 16:36 and may be due to the server time being different to the local time.
bcurran3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:18 pm Another weird thing is that I got a Windows 10 notification once that the file was backed up to my Drobox, but it's not there.
If Win10 is saying that a file has been uploaded to your Dropbox account then it will be there somewhere, unless your account is full.
David

pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Post by pikachuturkey »

i translated English language files Turkish (Türkçe) language. (Auto db Backup version [RC] 2.1.0-rc1.)
but i couldn't add because i have no permission to add zip files here.
i send you a pm.
Puchahawa
Name: Randy

Post by Puchahawa »

Hi David. Love this extension! Thank you for it's creation. I too noticed a difference in the times. The extension is working correctly but the time it shows for the settings is off. Seems to be off by the same time offset of the boards guest time setting. gmt -8 Los Angeles Compared to the servers default timezone.

YOu can see the server timezone setting of GMT

extensions settings Note the time is 22:45 (GMT of the time I wanted for testing purposes. Would not take anything earlier)

The cron job shows correctly as far as time to next job. 14:45 (board time gmt -8)

Board time set. gmt-8
Avatar courtesy of artist Faith Coyotë
bcurran3

Post by bcurran3 »

david63 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:28 pm
bcurran3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:18 pm I too have the weird time issue. Backups are set for midnight, they happen 16 hours later (~4PM)
Just because you set the time for midnight does not mean that it will run at midnight. The way that Cron works in phpBB is that it is only triggered when there is some activity on the board, and even then it will depend on what other tasks are in the queue, with each one being triggered by an activity on the board. If you have a very quiet board then it is possible that the cron jobs will take some time to actually start - although 16 hours does sound a bit excessive (are you sure that it is 4PM and not 4AM?)

I
bcurran3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:18 pm Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:36 backup file uploaded to dropbox
That would seem to indicate that the job ran at 04:36, not 16:36 and may be due to the server time being different to the local time.
bcurran3 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:18 pm Another weird thing is that I got a Windows 10 notification once that the file was backed up to my Drobox, but it's not there.
If Win10 is saying that a file has been uploaded to your Dropbox account then it will be there somewhere, unless your account is full.
Backups ARE happening 16 hours later than configured. I translated 16:36. Board is small, but constant traffic. It's me on constantly in the wee hours! :)

Just got a notification from Windows 10 that the backup was put in my Dropbox now at 4:37PM. I searched, I found it. It just was going under \apps\upload for autobackup\<foldernameipicked> rather in the root like I thought.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”