[3.2][RC] Site Logo

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
TeamHaven

Re: [3.2][RC] Site Logo

Post by TeamHaven »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! To everyone who participated in helping me to work this out. I swear I sincerely appreciate it! I finally got the logo to display for my (desktop only) and my forum now looks like this:

Is there something more that I need to do to get it to appear on my iPhone?

Additionally, might anyone know which part of the program refers to the border of the individual categories in the list? I'd like to add a thin border around each of the gray category boxes.
BF79
Name: Fouad B

Post by BF79 »

TeamHaven wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:21 pm
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! To everyone who participated in helping me to work this out. I swear I sincerely appreciate it! I finally got the logo to display for my (desktop only) and my forum now looks like this:

Additionally, might anyone know which part of the program refers to the border of the individual categories in the list? I'd like to add a thin border around each of the gray category boxes.
here only support site logo ext

go here and ask if you want to custom your style
viewforum.php?f=586
Marcbrz

Post by Marcbrz »

I installed the extension on localhost, using the latest version of phpbb and the default template, prosilver. However, I can't get the logo or banner to appear on the forum, it's as if the extension simply doesn't find the image in the folder where the logo with the extension is .jpg
Someone could kindly explain to me step by step how to configure the extension to appear the image correctly. I've tried to resize the photo in various sizes but the problem persists. Thanks in advance
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

In what folder is the image and what address did you use in the sitelogo settings?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
david63

Post by david63 »

@Marcbrz

Without seeing your board it is difficult to say.

Have you tried purging the cache?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
Marcbrz

Post by Marcbrz »

janus_zonstraal wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:01 am
In what folder is the image and what address did you use in the sitelogo settings?
Tks for your help. I used all the image formats and sizes you can imagine. Lastly, I placed an image in .svg format in the folder C: \ xampp \ htdocs \ forum \ phpBB3 \ images \ header.svg. But no image remains. Could it be that I have to put the image in another folder? Anyway it`s a localhost forum .Thank you
Marcbrz

Post by Marcbrz »

david63 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:08 am
@Marcbrz

Without seeing your board it is difficult to say.

Have you tried purging the cache?
Thank you very much for your help, I carefully read all posts in this topic before asking for help. But I really have no idea what may be going on. As I said looks like the extension can`t find the image. May be in the wrong folder. Path: C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\phpBB3\images\header.svg .I understand that without seeing the forum, the problem, it is more difficult for you to help solve, however I will try to resolve it before putting the forum on the air. I cleared the browser cache, the forum, and reinstalled everything, absolutely everything including xampp more than three times. But any help is welcome. Thank you
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

and what address did you use in the sitelogo settings
that must be \images\header.svg
But I don't know if sitelogo support .svg
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Marcbrz

Post by Marcbrz »

Hello, thanks for your help, the problem was really the path that must be followed by the extension to find the image, it now works. Thanks again

Return to “Extensions in Development”