[ABD] Form Maker/Creator

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
jan_2017

Re: [3.2][DEV] Form Maker/Creator

Post by jan_2017 »

Hello. I hope you're all right. I wanted to ask you how can display the input mask of the Form Creator as soon as you click on New Topic without to show Button "Form Creator".

I want to have the same process like support ticket.After clicking on the button "New topic" it will appear the input mask.

Bye Jan
TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

The form maker is only for 1 forum

but is it possible to make a form for more then one forum

thnx in advance
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

It's one form per forum...

I don't think there is a way to assign a form to several forums, apart from creating the same form in different forums.
TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

nou nou wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:04 pm It's one form per forum...

I don't think there is a way to assign a form to several forums, apart from creating the same form in different forums.
I mean creating FORM X to forum X

Form Y to forum Y
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Yes, that's what this does. In the ACP you select the forum you wish to work on, and then build the form.

Select a different forum and you build a different form, etc.
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

I have found an issue with this otherwise really promising extension.

Suppose a user creates a new topic. He starts wrtiting a few words, then realises there is a Form Mode button. Presses that, fills in all the fields and presses submit.

If there is even a single character left in the post editor before you go to form mode, that single character is the only thing that will appear and the entire form is ignored.

This would be especially problematic if you would want to use this in a board that also has a topic template set up.
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

nou nou wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 pm I have found an issue with this otherwise really promising extension.

Suppose a user creates a new topic. He starts wrtiting a few words, then realises there is a Form Mode button. Presses that, fills in all the fields and presses submit.

If there is even a single character left in the post editor before you go to form mode, that single character is the only thing that will appear and the entire form is ignored.

This would be especially problematic if you would want to use this in a board that also has a topic template set up.
Hello....i have create an issue on github: https://github.com/dmzx/Form-Maker-Creator/issues/5

Do you want to view the template immediately after clicking the New Topic button? Then change this:

Go to:

styles/prosilver/template/forms/form_maker.html

Search:

Line 20

Delete:

display:none;

Now after clicking on "New Topic" you will see Form Creator without to click any Button once again.

Special Thanks to user kasimi who give me the tip.

Bye Jan
hudson_macbeth

Post by hudson_macbeth »

Deleting the display:none is not showing my form automatically. Any ideas?
jan_2017 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm
nou nou wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 pm I have found an issue with this otherwise really promising extension.

Hello....i have create an issue on github: https://github.com/dmzx/Form-Maker-Creator/issues/5

Do you want to view the template immediately after clicking the New Topic button? Then change this:

Go to:

Search:

Line 20

Delete:

Now after clicking on "New Topic" you will see Form Creator without to click any Button once again.

Bye Jan
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

purge Cache?
theshadow013

Post by theshadow013 »

Thank you for this extension! I had one quick question -- is it possible to REQUIRE users to use the form view to submit topics to the forum? Thank you.
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Yes , that is possible! I use it in my Forum.
forer

Post by forer »

Were you able to solve it? I'm having a similar issue... after deleting the "display:none;" and cleaning the cache I get both, the "form mode" and the "normal mode", please see the image:

hudson_macbeth wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:34 am Deleting the display:none is not showing my form automatically. Any ideas?
jan_2017 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Go to:

Search:

Line 20

Delete:

Bye Jan
diveguy

Post by diveguy »

Great extension and does what I need. Only issue so far is once I use the form for a new topic clicking Reply doesn't allow you to use the form again on the same topic.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extension Customisations Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as "abandoned" or "in development", on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extension Customisations Team
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

Re-opened at author's request.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”