[ABD] Log Connections

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
kasimi
Former Team Member

Re: [3.2][RC] Log Connections

Post by kasimi »

The core.auth_login_session_create_before event has a parameter autologin, maybe that's what you're looking for?
david63

Post by david63 »

warmweer wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm event 'core.login_box_redirect' perhaps?

edit: probably no
As you say no - I am going from memory and as far as i can recall the "remember me" is handled in session handling and there are no [suitable] events in there where I could pick up the user data.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
menz01

Post by menz01 »

i am really curious about this..... i turned off "Remember me" on my board and set the "remember me" days reset to 1 day. i figured in a couple of days everyones "remember me" would be deleted. I am catching alot more logons but i know i am not getting them all. for example none of my logons are being logged. i have logged on from different places, different devices, and different browsers and never see my logons. i also have been monitoring a few people on my board that i suspect of foul play and i have seen some of their logons missed as well. i can tell by going to their profile and see their "last activity" date has a recent date but yet i dont see their logon in the logs.

also, and this is minor to me, i have the "log new user" turned on and i do not get logs of new users registering. that is not a huge deal but thought i would point it out
david63

Post by david63 »

One possible reason why you are not seeing logon information could be that they are accessing the board while their session is still active.

Logging new users definitely works on my board.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
menz01

Post by menz01 »

david63 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 pm One possible reason why you are not seeing logon information could be that they are accessing the board while their session is still active.

Logging new users definitely works on my board.
That may be true but like I said I myself, have used different browsers, different devices and have been in different locations so how are my sessions remaining active between devices? Maybe I am missing something or don't understand fully but my own logons are not being logged
Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

menz01 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:35 pm That may be true but like I said I myself, have used different browsers, different devices and have been in different locations so how are my sessions remaining active between devices? Maybe I am missing something or don't understand fully but my own logons are not being logged
I confirm. No admin is logged. Not the founder, not another admin.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
david63

Post by david63 »

Scanialady wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 am No admin is logged. Not the founder, not another admin.
Admin login is already logged by default in the Admin log
David

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

Admin login to ACP is logged - or am I wrong? ACP login, not board login.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
menz01

Post by menz01 »

david63 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 am
Scanialady wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 am No admin is logged. Not the founder, not another admin.
Admin login is already logged by default in the Admin log
although my account has full administrator privileges through individual privileges, my account is not part of the "administrators" group there is another account created like mine and his logon are logged in the log. as long as i get everyone else's, i don't care if mine is logged or not, but since i have seen mine not logged and a couple of others that are sometimes logged, i am not sure i am getting them all.

and please understand @david63 i am not knocking your extension, in fact i need it and it is alot better than nothing at all but just trying to troubleshoot it and make it close to perfect
SiWoC

Post by SiWoC »

On phpbb 3.2.3 php 7.1.23

Admin (at least my Administrator/owner) successful login to the forum is not logged. Not in the Admin log, not in the User log.

Admin logins (Successful or UnSuccessful) to the ACP are logged in the Admin log.

When the extension (with default code) is enabled, normal user logins are logged in the User logs. Admin logins are the same as above.

I suspect the error is in listener.php:get_usertype_from_username
If I change that to always return 'user'

Code: Select all

protected function get_usertype_from_username($username)
	{

return 'user';
		/* return someswitch ? 'admin' : 'user'; */
	}

Then all forum logins are neatly logged in the User logs, for Admin and for "normal" users and the ACP logins are still logged to the Admin log.
If an Admin only logs into the forum, he's a User. If an Admin logs into the ACP, he's an Admin. Both with respective logs.
SiWoC

Post by SiWoC »

Also in the listener.php:login_connect
I changed the ip-address which was logged from the user's registration ip-address

$this->user->data['user_ip']
To the current session ip-address

$this->user->ip
If somebody has stolen my credentials, I want to know where he/she is logging in from right? Not from where I registered.
menz01

Post by menz01 »

SiWoC wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:59 pm On phpbb 3.2.3 php 7.1.23

Admin (at least my Administrator/owner) successful login to the forum is not logged. Not in the Admin log, not in the User log.

Admin logins (Successful or UnSuccessful) to the ACP are logged in the Admin log.

When the extension (with default code) is enabled, normal user logins are logged in the User logs. Admin logins are the same as above.

I suspect the error is in listener.php:get_usertype_from_username
If I change that to always return 'user'

protected function get_usertype_from_username($username)
	{

return 'user';
		/* return someswitch ? 'admin' : 'user'; */
	}

Then all forum logins are neatly logged in the User logs, for Admin and for "normal" users and the ACP logins are still logged to the Admin log.
If an Admin only logs into the forum, he's a User. If an Admin logs into the ACP, he's an Admin. Both with respective logs.
i reported this as well (see my posts above yours) i also reported that "new user registrations" are also not logged despite being enabled.
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

would be very welcome a auto-pruning function

ty for work
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
david63

Post by david63 »

There are at least two log prunning extensions that I am aware of

https://github.com/david63/david63-prunelog
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/prunelogs
David

eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

david63 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 8:51 pm There are at least two log prunning extensions that I am aware of

https://github.com/david63/david63-prunelog
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/prunelogs
but log prunning of ext log connection too?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”