Extension Description: This is an extension that will display thumbnail previews of images in a topic when hovering the mouse over the topic. It's like my Topic Preview extension, except it only shows a preview of the images posted. It will preview either the oldest images posted, or the most recent images posted (they do not have to be in the first or last posts).
This should be useful for boards that focus on posting image galleries. I made this extension just to see if it could be done easily in an efficient way. Not sure what exactly users may be looking for, so please comment if you like.
Configuration settings can be found in ACP -> Post Settings
Extension Version: 1.0.0-RC3
Requirements: phpBB 3.2.1 or newer
- Previews images posted using the IMG bbcode (attachments are not supported)
- Set the number images to show in a preview
- Set the size of the preview images
- Preview either the first images posted (oldest), or the last images posted (newest).
- Users have preference to disable image previews if they want
- Admin can use forum-based permissions to allow the forums and usergroups they want to see image previews
- Image previews work in search results (as topics), and they will respect any forum/usergroup permissions.
- Image previews work with Precise Similar Topics, and they will respect any forum/usergroup permissions.
- Images are extracted from all posts from all topics on the page in 1 single SQL query, so it's very low impact on performance and resource usage.
Extension Download: https://github.com/iMattPro/TopicImageP ... .0-RC3.zip
IMPORTANT: If you are updating from any BETA release to the RC release, you MUST FULLY DISABLE, PURGE and DELETE the BETA version of this extension. Then you should install the RC version as a fresh install.
Note: The preview effect is handled by a 3rd party tooltip plug in. For best results, the default settings are what I recommend. Of course you're free to make images bigger or smaller and as many or few as you like, but the preview tooltip could have undesirable results if you go too extreme with the settings.