LMDI Topic Search
Author: Pierre Duhem
This extensions allows administrators to select the display mode of search results:
1) Keyword searches (from top of board index or forum page)
2) Advanced searches
3) Quick links searches (addition of a Your topics menu item and masking of Your posts item).
All those options are managed in an extension tab in the ACP.
Extension Download: https://github.com/pierrdu/topicsearch/ ... master.zip
This extension is a development from another extension named MyTopics, which managed only the Quick links dropdown menu. The first aspect (above) could be cured with a hidden item under 3.1.x, but not anymore under 3.2.x. Le second aspect could be cured with a template change. This is now bundled in an extension.
Thanks to Rich and Javier (viewtopic.php?f=461&t=2411241
)for having pointed me into the correct direction for the event to hook and to do it.
1. Download the latest release.
2. Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to `topicsearch`.
3. In the `ext` directory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named `lmdi` (if it does not already exist).
4. Copy the `topicsearch` folder to `/ext/lmdi/`.
5. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Manage extensions`.
6. Look for `LMDI Topic Search` under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its `Enable` link.
1. Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Extension Management -> Extensions`.
2. Look for `LMDI Topic Search` under the Enabled Extensions list, and click its `Disable` link.
3. To permanently uninstall, click `Delete Data` and then delete the `/ext/lmdi/topicsearch` folder.
You have to select the features you want in the ACP.
Nothing for the time being.
I'm open to all suggestions, remarks, critics, etc.
Thanks in advance.