[CDB] Feed post bot

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
PaulusB

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Post by PaulusB »

Ger wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:16 pm try purging the cache.
otherwise, completely remove the extension including the data.
Now its working better af doing this but some language is still not oke like ACP_SETTINGS_EXPLAIN in the ACP and FPB_SOURCE in the frontend of the forum.

PaulusB

Post by PaulusB »

If i change FPB_ACP_SETTINGS_EXPLAIN to ACP_SETTINGS_EXPLAIN`in the NL file its showing up oke.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Than you don't have the correct files. Please make sure you have a complete set of new files from GitHub
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
PaulusB

Post by PaulusB »

If i download a new set off files from github the problem with the language stays i think there is something wrong with your files.

What i did.

Disabled the extension
Remove the data from the extension
Delete the files from server
Purged Cache
Upload new files to the server
Installed the new files
Configure it.

But still same missing language.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Just pushed a small fix that hardens against a possible CSRF attack when deleting a feed.
@PaulusB: please update following the exact steps, that *should* work (it works for me though).
lupus77 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:12 pm I somehow have the problem that feeds are not fetched automatically. Interval for processing feeds (seconds): is set to 1800 seconds but nothing happens. If i sync manually the feeds are updating.

Looks like cronjob will not run? I checked with cron status and the cron is set to auto.

If it helps, I recently moved from one server to another. Completely deleted the old RSS Simple Feed and installed Feed post bot.
The Feed Post Bot uses phpBB's built-in cron system to check for new feed items. This system depends on users visiting your board. phpBB will arrange for periodic tasks to be run automatically when users visit the board. When you have a board with few visitors (not counting bots) this may not be so regular as you expect.

You can instead choose to go to the ACP -> Server settings -> Run periodic tasks from system cron.
When on, phpBB will not schedule any periodic tasks by itself; a system administrator must arrange for bin/phpbbcli.php cron:run to be run by the system cron facility at regular intervals (e.g. every 5 minutes). This means the cron service will check each 5 minutes if there is a pending task to be executed, including (but not only) the feed fetching. If you don't know how to set a cron job, ask for support at your hosting provider.

So to make things clear: Even if you set the interval for processing feeds to 60 seconds, this does NOT mean that your board will check for new items every minute! It only means that phpBB will set the task to be executed next time the cron system runs. When you have a very inactive board, it might just as well be tomorrow. If that's the case, set a cron job in your hosting control panel instead.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

PaulusB

Post by PaulusB »

I did a complete new install but FPB_SOURCE in the frontend of the forum is stil comming up at new post. Also after al the new installs some topic are 3 double on my forum.
nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

PaulusB wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 pm I did a complete new install but FPB_SOURCE in the frontend of the forum is stil comming up at new post. Also after al the new installs some topic are 3 double on my forum.
I've had the same issues. Double topics and FPB_SOURCE variable displaying.
http://nhgunforum.com phpBB v3.2.1
http://wtprise.org phpBB v3.3.2
lupus77

Post by lupus77 »

Ger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:29 am
You can instead choose to go to the ACP -> Server settings -> Run periodic tasks from system cron.
When on, phpBB will not schedule any periodic tasks by itself; a system administrator must arrange for bin/phpbbcli.php cron:run to be run by the system cron facility at regular intervals (e.g. every 5 minutes). This means the cron service will check each 5 minutes if there is a pending task to be executed, including (but not only) the feed fetching. If you don't know how to set a cron job, ask for support at your hosting provider.
Thank you! This was the culprit. Changed this option and now feeds are automatically fetched again. We have a stable userbase, so system cron is not necessary.
Ger

Post by Ger »

PaulusB wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:19 pm I did a complete new install but FPB_SOURCE in the frontend of the forum is stil comming up at new post.
Well, it took me quite some time to figure this one out. It happens under some specific conditions I haven't met before. First time for everything I guess. :)

Checkout the latest version on Github.
Also after al the new installs some topic are 3 double on my forum.
That's to be expected, when you remove the data all records about new items are also removed so the feed post bot just fetches everything. Best practise in such cases is to fetch the first round in a hidden forum and move the relevant (new) topics to the desired public forum. After the firstt fetching you can hange the target forum for the feed as all data is now up to date.
My extensions:

nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Hmm...I just upgraded to your fix. Strange behavior. I manually fetched feeds, when I went to board index it briefly logged me in as the feed user. Then switched me back to admin after a screen refresh.
Ger

Post by Ger »

nhseacoast wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:40 am Hmm...I just upgraded to your fix. Strange behavior. I manually fetched feeds, when I went to board index it briefly logged me in as the feed user. Then switched me back to admin after a screen refresh.
That's to be expected. During fetching the feed post bot switches to the specified user. It needs to change permissions, language, timezone, etc. to post correctly. Otherwise it could be that when a guest or regular user triggers the cron, the active user doesn't have permissions to post in the specified forum.
My extensions:

nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Oh ok. It's just the first time I noticed it.
Thank you.
nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

There is a conflict with SEO4ALL extension. I'm getting a SQL error when FPB finds a feed to post.
SEO4ALL allows users to enter a meta description and meta tags for their topics. Here is the error.

Code: Select all

A general error occurred: General Error
» SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'topic_desc' cannot be null [1048]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 999
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysql.php
LINE: 191
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 329
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1850
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/ger/feedpostbot/classes/driver.php
LINE: 465
CALL: submit_post()

LINE: 343
CALL: ger\feedpostbot\classes\driver->post_message()

LINE: 112
CALL: ger\feedpostbot\classes\driver->fetch_items()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/ger/feedpostbot/cron/task/feedpostbot_cron.php
LINE: 50
CALL: ger\feedpostbot\classes\driver->fetch_all()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: ger\feedpostbot\cron\task\feedpostbot_cron->run()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/cron/task/wrapper.php
LINE: 104
CALL: call_user_func_array()

FILE: [ROOT]/cron.php
LINE: 78
CALL: phpbb\cron\task\wrapper->__call()

FILE: [ROOT]/cron.php
LINE: 78
CALL: phpbb\cron\task\wrapper->run()
Ger

Post by Ger »

nhseacoast wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:19 am There is a conflict with SEO4ALL extension. I'm getting a SQL error when FPB finds a feed to post.
SEO4ALL allows users to enter a meta description and meta tags for their topics. Here is the error.
That extension doesn't allow these parameters, it requires them. Therefore, any other extension that creates topics will have a conflict with the SEO4ALL extension.
They should make these paramters optional. It's not rocket science, just set a default value (e.g. empty string) for these columns.
My extensions:

nhseacoast

Post by nhseacoast »

Ok. I just disabled SEO4ALL :/

Return to “Extensions in Development”