[CDB] Feed post bot

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Ger

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Post by Ger »

david63 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:07 am I notice that you have added a lock to this version. I tried this once and there is a possibility that it can cause problems if you have a situation where the job does not complete for some reason then you can end up with the system locked - I would suggest that you either have an "unlock" button or at the start of the cron job (or elsewhere) auto unlock before you start.
I've added an unlocking button to the ACP in the latest (1.0.6) version. Also store it as dynamic each time now.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
david63

Post by david63 »

I will test it later

I have another minor issue.

I have one feed which is a FB page fed via FetchRSS. This works fine not a problem as such. Before you changed the feed to use namespace this feed also brought in images now it does not - the images are there in FetchRSS. I took a quick look through the code and as far as I can see it should still work.

Oh - I also noticed that you have the feed types as hard coded language in the template (obviously missed on your first submission but if noticed would be a reason for denial)
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

Ger, thanks for that great extension.

Any chance to enable post approval depending on bot user permissions?
I recognized you disabled it hardcoded atm:
https://github.com/GerB/feedpostbot/blo ... r.php#L499

My intention is that not all feeds from a source would be interesting for a board, so the bot user will have "can post without approval" to "never" and a moderator has a chance to look over the posts before they are published and approve / deny them.
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
david63

Post by david63 »

canonknipser wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 pm so the bot user will have "can post without approval" to "never" and a moderator has a chance to look over the posts before they are published and approve / deny them.
Isn't it just as easy to delete the ones that you do not want?
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Ger

Post by Ger »

david63 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:03 pm I have one feed which is a FB page fed via FetchRSS. This works fine not a problem as such. Before you changed the feed to use namespace this feed also brought in images now it does not - the images are there in FetchRSS. I took a quick look through the code and as far as I can see it should still work.
As always: can you provide an example I can work with?
david63 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:03 pm Oh - I also noticed that you have the feed types as hard coded language in the template (obviously missed on your first submission but if noticed would be a reason for denial)
You mean this part? https://github.com/GerB/feedpostbot/blo ... ml#L81-L83
AFAIK, this isn't language-dependent, just like PHP, HTML, CSS etc. aren't. Why would this need to be parsed as language vars?
canonknipser wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:14 pm Ger, thanks for that great extension.

Any chance to enable post approval depending on bot user permissions?
I recognized you disabled it hardcoded atm:
https://github.com/GerB/feedpostbot/blo ... r.php#L499

My intention is that not all feeds from a source would be interesting for a board, so the bot user will have "can post without approval" to "never" and a moderator has a chance to look over the posts before they are published and approve / deny them.
Well, I actually just used the basic template as provided by the documentation and assumed it was required to provide a boolean value here. I looked into the actual function being called and it seems that this isn't entirely correct since there are constants ITEM_... used instead of booleans and when it isn't passed it will just use the default permission system.
I think it doesn't do any harm to simply remove this line from my extension, but I need to give that a little bit of thought.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser »

david63 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:36 pm Isn't it just as easy to delete the ones that you do not want?
It is, but they would be public in between. Better to make them non-public until they are validated.
As a alternative, the post first goes in a hidden forum and is later moved to a public forum. But that is more manual doing ;)
Ger wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm I think it doesn't do any harm to simply remove this line from my extension, but I need to give that a little bit of thought.
Great, thanks :)
Greetings, Frank
david63

Post by david63 »

Ger wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm AFAIK, this isn't language-dependent, just like PHP, HTML, CSS etc. aren't. Why would this need to be parsed as language vars?
Because it needs to able to be translatable for non Latin languages such as Arabic which use r to l - if a language does not translate them them it does not matter
David

david63

Post by david63 »

Ger wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm As always: can you provide an example I can work with?
http://fetchrss.com/rss/5a3a4be48a93f84 ... 95757.atom
David

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser »

Ger wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm I think it doesn't do any harm to simply remove this line from my extension, but I need to give that a little bit of thought.
As a quick check, I just changed from true to false and it looks like working as expected

Edit: was not working as expected, because also feed-posts from users without post-approval went to the moderation queue. So, I dropped the line as you suggested and it works.
Greetings, Frank
Ger

Post by Ger »

david63 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:09 pm
Ger wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm As always: can you provide an example I can work with?
http://fetchrss.com/rss/5a3a4be48a93f84 ... 95757.atom
It seems it has namespaced images as a separate parameter. That wouldn't have been processed earlier. Images that are embedded with regular HTML img tags are still processed.
My extensions:

david63

Post by david63 »

Ger wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:32 am It seems it has namespaced images as a separate parameter. That wouldn't have been processed earlier. Images that are embedded with regular HTML img tags are still processed.
Thanks

Is there a way round it, or is it beyond the scope of this extension?
David

Ger

Post by Ger »

I need to look into it to make sure all (or most) "attached" images are processed, so I need to do some investigating.
My extensions:

david63

Post by david63 »

Ger wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 am I need to look into it to make sure all (or most) "attached" images are processed, so I need to do some investigating.
No problem, I can wait - in fact I will be away for the next six weeks so that gives you plenty of time ;)
David

Ger

Post by Ger »

david63 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:55 am
Ger wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:53 am I need to look into it to make sure all (or most) "attached" images are processed, so I need to do some investigating.
No problem, I can wait - in fact I will be away for the next six weeks so that gives you plenty of time ;)
Yet you are indicated as online now :P

It turned out that the images actually were included in the HTML as well here, but in a new property I simply didn't know about and with htmlentities converted.
Pushed a simple fix for this just now which works for me with given feed.
My extensions:

Ger

Post by Ger »

david63 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:07 pm
Ger wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:01 pm AFAIK, this isn't language-dependent, just like PHP, HTML, CSS etc. aren't. Why would this need to be parsed as language vars?
Because it needs to able to be translatable for non Latin languages such as Arabic which use r to l - if a language does not translate them them it does not matter
canonknipser wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:16 pm
As a quick check, I just changed from true to false and it looks like working as expected

Edit: was not working as expected, because also feed-posts from users without post-approval went to the moderation queue. So, I dropped the line as you suggested and it works.
Changed both in the latest version on github.
My extensions:

Return to “Extensions in Development”