Page 26 of 26

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 am
by whocarez
Yes, it went through without problems. Thanks again for your quick answer.

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:46 am
by Ger
whocarez wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:10 am
Yes, it went through without problems. Thanks again for your quick answer.
Great, thanks for reporting back.

Glad it's no problem in the feed post bot. :)

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm
by MattyB
This is an awesome extension - however I'm having an issue with it duplicating posts. I've got it set to fetch ever 12 hours from here:

http://www.evo.co.uk/reviews/feed

Yet every 2-3 days it will fetch ALL posts again, so I have to go through and delete. I'm guessing because this only happens now and again, it's an issue with how they are editing the feed, which is confusing the extension into thinking they're new? Is there anything I can do?

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 pm
by Ger
MattyB wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm
I'm guessing because this only happens now and again, it's an issue with how they are editing the feed, which is confusing the extension into thinking they're new?
The extension stores the latest unique item it finds in the feed. It's done by either a unique ID if provided (guid) or link/timestamp combination otherwise.
If as you say they edit the feed now and than, that might be an issue indeed.

What you could do is set the permissions of the posting user to require post approval. You can than pick and choose which ever items you want to publish and remove the others.

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:50 pm
by MattyB
Ger wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 pm
MattyB wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm
I'm guessing because this only happens now and again, it's an issue with how they are editing the feed, which is confusing the extension into thinking they're new?
The extension stores the latest unique item it finds in the feed. It's done by either a unique ID if provided (guid) or link/timestamp combination otherwise.
If as you say they edit the feed now and than, that might be an issue indeed.

What you could do is set the permissions of the posting user to require post approval. You can than pick and choose which ever items you want to publish and remove the others.
Ah, good idea - I'll just set post approval, thanks. 8-)

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 am
by BPUK
Ger wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:25 pm
MattyB wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm
I'm guessing because this only happens now and again, it's an issue with how they are editing the feed, which is confusing the extension into thinking they're new?
The extension stores the latest unique item it finds in the feed. It's done by either a unique ID if provided (guid) or link/timestamp combination otherwise.
If as you say they edit the feed now and than, that might be an issue indeed.

What you could do is set the permissions of the posting user to require post approval. You can than pick and choose which ever items you want to publish and remove the others.
Great ext, thanks for that, worked without fuss.

I am having the same problems with duplicate posts so have switched it off for now as it is importing too many. I have used these same feeds before without a problem on a Drupal site.

The problem is that the source posts imported are updated by the user.

The only info I can see in the feed, apart from the title and description,

?UserID=12345678
div class="lastUpdated">30 April 2018, 10:43</div

UserID remains the same but the time stamp changes.

Can you suggest a work-round to this?

Many thanks.

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:19 pm
by Ger
BPUK wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:55 am
Great ext, thanks for that, worked without fuss.

I am having the same problems with duplicate posts so have switched it off for now as it is importing too many. I have used these same feeds before without a problem on a Drupal site.

The problem is that the source posts imported are updated by the user.

The only info I can see in the feed, apart from the title and description,

?UserID=12345678
div class="lastUpdated">30 April 2018, 10:43</div

UserID remains the same but the time stamp changes.

Can you suggest a work-round to this?

Many thanks.
Well, like I wrote earlier: The extension stores the latest unique item it finds in the feed. It's done by either a unique ID if provided (guid) or link/timestamp combination otherwise.

Can you point me to the actual feed? (url)

Re: [3.2][RC] Feed post bot

Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:21 am
by Ger
I'm happy to report that this extension has been approved.
Checkout the CDB