[3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
jackennils

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by jackennils » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Sounds good. :)

KYPREO

Post by KYPREO » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:24 am

Naguissa wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 pm
jackennils wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 pm
Hey there, I noticed something that is a bit weird...

When a user gets a Thanks for an older post for which he/she already got some Thanks, the notification also has the old date. So if the user got a few other notifications in the meantime, the new notification is just an update of the old one with the old date and hence is at the bottom of the notification list. Any chance to fix this behavior?
Yes, quite easy. It's because not updating date when "joining" events. I'll include thi among some other updates on next release (very soon).
I noticed this as well today. Good to hear it is easily fixed.

This is now working very nicely as a 'like' system by simply making modifications to the language files and notification email txts only.

👍👍

Example post not requiring registration: http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=250387
phpBB user since 2002
www.AusRotary.com

Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:35 pm

KYPREO wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:24 am
Naguissa wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:35 pm
jackennils wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:08 pm
Hey there, I noticed something that is a bit weird...

When a user gets a Thanks for an older post for which he/she already got some Thanks, the notification also has the old date. So if the user got a few other notifications in the meantime, the new notification is just an update of the old one with the old date and hence is at the bottom of the notification list. Any chance to fix this behavior?
Yes, quite easy. It's because not updating date when "joining" events. I'll include thi among some other updates on next release (very soon).

This is now working very nicely as a 'like' system by simply making modifications to the language files and notification email txts only.

👍👍

Example post not requiring registration: http://www.ausrotary.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=250387

It's fixed in my local an my own fórum (real testing). But:
- I'm still fixing one code block for validator (remember: it's RC and I'm managing phpbb validation)
- There're tranlation dices: Several deletions (easy, even you can ignore it) and one syntax chance (two strings get unified in an array)

I expect reléase it toorrow.

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:57 pm

jackennils wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 pm
Sounds good. :)
KYPREO wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:24 am

👍👍

Fixed and released, among other updates:

3.2.2 Release:

- Fix grouped notifications datetime.
- Reworked thanks on profile page to be lighter and more template-based. Also, now it's more responsive.
- Enhance a lot of code for EPV. A lot of improvements done here.

Available here: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_posts/releases

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:01 pm

KYPREO wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:33 pm
Thank you very much Naguissa for the hard work.

I have managed to install the updated package, it's working correctly, and I've updated the language files to turn this into a 'like' system for my board.

At first, I noticed a massive performance hit - 10+ second server hangs which I didn't have before. This seems to have settled down, so hopefully it was a temporary phenomenon on installation or just a coincidence and Google bots started crawling me on mass. I do have a very big board - 33K users and 1.9M posts

It is good that the ability to give thanks can be set in group forum permissions. However, for me, because I did not have standard roles defined, I had to configure the ability to give thanks for the registered user group for every forum. It would be good if this could be configured at the user group permission level as well. This way, you could set group forum permissions for private sections as "never" for example, just like read/write access.

For guest user group permissions, you can set the ability to see the topmost as "never" but they can still see the toplist in the index. Only, the topmost only consists of thanks from posts guests can see (and does not include counters from sections for registered users only). This makes sense so that permissions for registered user only sections aren't broken. For that reason, I'd like the hide the top list and user thanks list from guests altogether - but it doesn't seem I can do that. Or can I? I only want guests to see thanks for individual posts they can see.
Permissions is still not upgraded, I'll revamp it on next 3.3.0 release.
Last edited by Naguissa on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:24 pm

And another one release: 3.2.3: This is quite stupid, simply remove a unneeded file on translations. No functionality is touched.

jackennils

Post by jackennils » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Thanks, will set it up shortly and report back if there are any problems.

jackennils

Post by jackennils » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 pm

So here we go. Extension works fine, just a few two things:

In the backend the version still says 3.2.0.

The code of memberlist_view_thanks.html is missing closing dl tags but has too many closing div tags. Correct should be:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF THANKS_PROFILELIST_VIEW -->
<div class="panel bg1 profile-thanks">
	<div class="row">
		<h3>{L_GRATITUDES}</h3>
		<div>
			<dl>
				<dt>
					<!-- IF S_MOD_THANKS --><a href="{U_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS_GIVE}" title="{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}" class="button button-icon-only"><i aria-hidden="true" class="icon fa-fw fa-recycle"></i><span class="sr-only">{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}</span></a><!-- ENDIF -->
					{L_GIVEN}{L_COLON} <!-- IF POSTER_GIVE_COUNT and POSTER_GIVE_COUNT > 0 -->{POSTER_GIVE_COUNT}<!-- ELSE -->0<!-- ENDIF -->
				</dt>
				<dd>
					<div class="list">
						<!-- BEGIN THANKSLIST -->
							<span>{THANKSLIST.user} &#8592; <a href="{THANKSLIST.url}">{L_FOR_MESSAGE}</a></span>
						<!-- END THANKSLIST -->
						<!-- IF MORE_THANKED --><span>{MORE_THANKED}</span><!-- ENDIF -->
					</div>
				</dd>
			</dl>
		</div>
		<br>
		<div>
			<dl>
				<dt>
					<!-- IF S_MOD_THANKS --><a href="{U_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS_RECEIVE}" title="{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}" class="button button-icon-only"><i aria-hidden="true" class="icon fa-fw fa-recycle"></i><span class="sr-only">{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}</span></a><!-- ENDIF -->
					{L_RECEIVED}{L_COLON} <!-- IF POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT and POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT > 0  -->{POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT}<!-- ELSE -->0<!-- ENDIF -->
				</dt>
				<dd>
					<div class="list">
						<!-- BEGIN THANKEDLIST -->
							<span>{THANKEDLIST.user} &#8592; <a href="{THANKEDLIST.url}">{L_FOR_MESSAGE}</a></span>
						<!-- END THANKEDLIST -->
					</div>
				</dd>
			</dl>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->

Edit:
One more issue, in both cases - thanks received and given - it says

which should be wrong.

I'm showing 50 thanks in my template. I have 220 thanks, so below the thanks it says "and 170 more" which is correct. But for the thanks given, I have given 51 thanks, so it should say "and 1 more", but it also says "and 170 more".

Edit 2: When I change it to

<!-- IF MORE_THANKS --><span>{MORE_THANKS}</span><!-- ENDIF -->
which should be the right code, then it's showing nothing instead of the "and 1 more". :(

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

jackennils wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:10 pm
So here we go. Extension works fine, just a few two things:

In the backend the version still says 3.2.0.
I have to change it; since 3.2.0 I'm not changing DB version in each update, because it's useless. I've to change that literal to "DB version", which is the last version any DB change was needed. Usually I change middle number on any DB change needed.

jackennils wrote:
The code of memberlist_view_thanks.html is missing closing dl tags but has too many closing div tags. Correct should be:

<!-- IF THANKS_PROFILELIST_VIEW -->
<div class="panel bg1 profile-thanks">
	<div class="row">
		<h3>{L_GRATITUDES}</h3>
		<div>
			<dl>
				<dt>
					<!-- IF S_MOD_THANKS --><a href="{U_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS_GIVE}" title="{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}" class="button button-icon-only"><i aria-hidden="true" class="icon fa-fw fa-recycle"></i><span class="sr-only">{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}</span></a><!-- ENDIF -->
					{L_GIVEN}{L_COLON} <!-- IF POSTER_GIVE_COUNT and POSTER_GIVE_COUNT > 0 -->{POSTER_GIVE_COUNT}<!-- ELSE -->0<!-- ENDIF -->
				</dt>
				<dd>
					<div class="list">
						<!-- BEGIN THANKSLIST -->
							<span>{THANKSLIST.user} &#8592; <a href="{THANKSLIST.url}">{L_FOR_MESSAGE}</a></span>
						<!-- END THANKSLIST -->
					</div>
				</dd>
			</dl>
		</div>
		<br>
		<div>
			<dl>
				<dt>
					<!-- IF S_MOD_THANKS --><a href="{U_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS_RECEIVE}" title="{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}" class="button button-icon-only"><i aria-hidden="true" class="icon fa-fw fa-recycle"></i><span class="sr-only">{L_CLEAR_LIST_THANKS}</span></a><!-- ENDIF -->
					{L_RECEIVED}{L_COLON} <!-- IF POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT and POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT > 0  -->{POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT}<!-- ELSE -->0<!-- ENDIF -->
				</dt>
				<dd>
					<div class="list">
						<!-- BEGIN THANKEDLIST -->
							<span>{THANKEDLIST.user} &#8592; <a href="{THANKEDLIST.url}">{L_FOR_MESSAGE}</a></span>
						<!-- END THANKEDLIST -->
					</div>
				</dd>
			</dl>
		</div>
	</div>
</div>
<!-- ENDIF -->

I did that block using bootstrap... and the realized that phpBB does not integrate it! :lol:

Well, I changed it again and that were... leftovers; errors. Fixed now.

jackennils wrote:
Edit:
One more issue, in both cases - thanks received and given - it says

which should be wrong.

I'm showing 50 thanks in my template. I have 220 thanks, so below the thanks it says "and 170 more" which is correct. But for the thanks given, I have given 51 thanks, so it should say "and 1 more", but it also says "and 170 more".

Edit 2: When I change it to

<!-- IF MORE_THANKS --><span>{MORE_THANKS}</span><!-- ENDIF -->
which should be the right code, then it's showing nothing instead of the "and 1 more". :(
[/quote]

Fixed, thanks! Also there was a sign changed on helper; maybe was wrong all the time?

And yes, thanks for your feedback here's new 3.2.4 version, with all that fixes (except literal about version / DB version) and a change on "lang" usage on ACP, added for EPV (but was not reported by revisions, and they are VERY exhaustive!).

You can download new release on: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_posts/releases

Edit: Looking that thanklist screenshot... maybe you need clear browser cache to reload CSS, there's an adaptative ruleset to make columns depending on resolution (inspired on bootstrap, but with column sizes that fits this particular needs).

Should look this way:

Edit 2: Oh, my! CUSTOM THEME!!! :(

Edit 3: The "recycle" icons are the admin "clear thanks option", not usually visible.

jackennils

Post by jackennils » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 pm

Yes, I'm on a totally custom theme, so that's why it looks different. But thanks for the fixes and new version. :)

Edit: Sorry to say, but there's a typo again:

Rest works fine!

Edit 2:
Looking that thanklist screenshot... maybe you need clear browser cache to reload CSS, there's an adaptative ruleset to make columns depending on resolution (inspired on bootstrap, but with column sizes that fits this particular needs).
What I don't like about this is that you get ugly line-breaks when a userame is longer than the percentage of the span.

i.e.:

;)

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 pm

jackennils wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:24 pm
Yes, I'm on a totally custom theme, so that's why it looks different. But thanks for the fixes and new version. :)

Edit: Sorry to say, but there's a typo again:

Rest works fine!

Edit 2:
Looking that thanklist screenshot... maybe you need clear browser cache to reload CSS, there's an adaptative ruleset to make columns depending on resolution (inspired on bootstrap, but with column sizes that fits this particular needs).
What I don't like about this is that you get ugly line-breaks when a userame is longer than the percentage of the span.

i.e.:

;)
Release 3.2.5: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_posts/releases

PS: I love my old Sony Vaio Duo Laptop, but its crappy keyboard... nothing beats my mechanical keyboard at office....

jackennils

Post by jackennils » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Thanks a lot!
Naguissa wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 pm
PS: I love my old Sony Vaio Duo Laptop, but its crappy keyboard... nothing beats my mechanical keyboard at office....
:lol:

This is how I use it on my custom theme now:

Live here:
https://mydivision.net/forum/memberlist ... rofile&u=2

Edit:
Quick question...

The thanks list seems to be sorted by username from Z --> A by default. Any chance to change that to sorted by number of thanks received from many --> none? I think most users will probably want to see it as kind of a top list.

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:02 pm

jackennils wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:40 pm
Quick question...

The thanks list seems to be sorted by username from Z --> A by default. Any chance to change that to sorted by number of thanks received from many --> none? I think most users will probably want to see it as kind of a top list.
I think the order is:
- In profile thankslist: by date, descending
- In general thankslist: Z-A (I'll change as you said in next release, I don't know why is that way), but you can reorder as you wish clicking in the column titles.

Edit: I'm seeing I've some cleaning work to do on that controller.... Ther're some unused code that I can get rid of, and some other improvements.

In fact, the 1st release today had a revamp on profile thankslist that reduced loops to 1/3, and also reduced code size, data processed and used memory. Maybe to a 25% of its original form (only counting PHP, not SQL)...

jackennils

Post by jackennils » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Sounds like there's a lot of potential for optimization. :)

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:22 pm

jackennils wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:29 pm
Sounds like there's a lot of potential for optimization. :)
At the end, this one not so much. One unused parameter (and its processing). But corrected all parameters and added one route to more 'pretty' urls.

Still improving some things and adding turkish translations.

Edit: If VAIO keyboard sucks tablets are even worse..,

Return to “Extensions in Development”