[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Naguissa »

elawrenc wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 pm If you are thinking of changing it from Thanks to Likes that would probably make sense.

KYPREO wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:50 am I've now had this running and working for a bit over 2 months on my 3.2.2 board. I am using it as a "like" instead of "thanks" feature (I amended the relevant language files). Everything is going smoothly and the feature has been very well received and utilised by users. Two thumbs up!
Yes, I'm using since before of 1st post here and, with some minor bugs sometimes (now all discovered ones fixed), It's working fine in my board.

About like/dislike, I think I'll do another extension. And a SQL script to be able to migrate data from one to other (loosing dislikes when migrating from like/dislike to thanks, obviously).
yasser33311
Name: yasser ghe

Post by yasser33311 »

first thank you for your ext
Naguissa wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:09 am Tapatalk ... mobiquo
what is Tapatalk and mobiquo ?? :lol: :lol: :D
PhpBB Services - install, update, upgrade, customize: PM
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

yasser33311 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 pm first thank you for your ext
Naguissa wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 10:09 am Tapatalk ... mobiquo
what is Tapatalk and mobiquo ?? :lol: :lol: :D

You are welcome!

Tapatalk is an app for Android, iOS and Windows (not mobile) for reading forums. Is very useful on mobile, specially for low-spec phones like mine. It has a past obscure episode when they could have added a backdoor to pull user data from forums, but seems OK since several years.

Mobiquo is an extra folder that tapatalk extension needs, you need to manually upload it, to be able to work. It has extra functionality (classes, functionality...) that is needed for the extension to work.
menz01

Post by menz01 »

KYPREO wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:50 am I've now had this running and working for a bit over 2 months on my 3.2.2 board. I am using it as a "like" instead of "thanks" feature (I amended the relevant language files). Everything is going smoothly and the feature has been very well received and utilised by users. Two thumbs up!
i wanted to change all my "Thanks" to "likes"..... would you mind sharing with the coding noobs such as myself how it is done and which files it needs to be changed? any tips on getting it done smarter/quicker would be welcome as well.

thanks in advance,
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

menz01 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:04 pm
i wanted to change all my "Thanks" to "likes"..... would you mind sharing with the coding noobs such as myself how it is done and which files it needs to be changed? any tips on getting it done smarter/quicker would be welcome as well.

thanks in advance,
As far as I know, he edited language files to change "thanks" for "like". Maybe he also changed the FontAwesome icon to other of his preference, I don't remember this very clear...
KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

menz01 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:04 pm

thanks in advance,
I changed the following files located in .\ext\gfksx\ThanksForPosts\language\en:

info_acp_thanks.php
permissions_thanks.php
thanks_mod.php

The only one which actually affects what users see is "thanks_mod.php" - the others affect what you see in the ACP.

You need to use Notepad++ and change all references to "thanks" to "like" with grammatical changes where required and to your preference. If necessary, I can upload the altered code i am using for thanks_mod.php, noting that it is for an older version of the extension.

From memory, I also had to change the templates in the email subfolder, so that email notifications for liked posts made grammatical sense. The email templates otherwise pick up the updated like language from the modified thanks_mod.php.
phpBB user since 2002
www.AusRotary.com
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Hello!

I found a bug.

I wanted to display a nice litte icon next to a users profile if he/she is helping the community. So I used the template variable from your plugin for this:

Code: Select all

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT >= '25' --> display helper icon here <!-- ENDIF -->
But: The number of thanks received does not seem to be recognized as a number. More like it was text.

Because the icon is not displayed for users with 100 thanks, but for users with 3 thanks. I think that's because as a text 3 is more than 25 and 100 is less than 25.

Any chance to fix this? Or if you don't want to change it, can you at least tell me how I can change it for my installation?

Thanks!
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

jackennils wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:01 am Hello!

I found a bug.

I wanted to display a nice litte icon next to a users profile if he/she is helping the community. So I used the template variable from your plugin for this:

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT >= '25' --> display helper icon here <!-- ENDIF -->
But: The number of thanks received does not seem to be recognized as a number. More like it was text.

Because the icon is not displayed for users with 100 thanks, but for users with 3 thanks. I think that's because as a text 3 is more than 25 and 100 is less than 25.

Any chance to fix this? Or if you don't want to change it, can you at least tell me how I can change it for my installation?

Thanks!

Maybe it's the "'25'" with single quotes?

Still, as everything is based on Twig templates now, I recommend you use them:

{% if postrow.POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT and postrow.POSTER_RECEIVE_COUNT >= 25  %} display helper icon here {% endif %}
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

You're right, it was the quotes. So a bug on my side. Never mind and thank you for your help! :)
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

jackennils wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:11 am You're right, it was the quotes. So a bug on my side. Never mind and thank you for your help! :)
You are welcome!
PB190

Post by PB190 »

Hi, i just want ask, how i can active (sk) language. My phpBB is in czech language (cz), but sk (slovak) is almost the same language.

Thanks for this great plugin !
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Make a copy of the sk folder and rename it to cs. Amend the translation to your liking.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

PB190 wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 pm Hi, i just want ask, how i can active (sk) language. My phpBB is in czech language (cz), but sk (slovak) is almost the same language.

Thanks for this great plugin !

jackennils wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 1:25 pm Make a copy of the sk folder and rename it to cs. Amend the translation to your liking.

Just that... :D
PB190

Post by PB190 »

thansk work, but i must rename to cs no cz :-)
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

That's what I wrote.

Return to “Extensions in Development”