[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
maras2626

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by maras2626 »

Naguissa wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:16 am
maras2626 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:53 pm Naguissa,is it possible to add an option, which will change the background of the post, if it gets at least one like?
Yes, very good idea!
A similar option was available in:

https://github.com/jbreu/phpBB-Reputation-System
cryptoevo.de

Post by cryptoevo.de »

I need to import the likes, can anybody tell me in which table the likes are saved in the database?

Best regards,
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

cryptoevo.de wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:36 pm I need to import the likes, can anybody tell me in which table the likes are saved in the database?

Best regards,
phpbb_thanks
cryptoevo.de

Post by cryptoevo.de »

Before i read your answer a read a post from back then, i added it to answer my question.
Палыч wrote: In this table (three fields) stores all information

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE phpbb_thanks (
			post_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
			poster_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
			user_id mediumint(8) NOT NULL default '0',
			PRIMARY KEY (post_id , user_id));
post_id - post id
poster_id - author by post
user_id - author THANKS
If THANKS removed - removed record
Naguissa wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:03 am
cryptoevo.de wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:36 pm I need to import the likes, can anybody tell me in which table the likes are saved in the database?

Best regards,
phpbb_thanks
Streamer76

Post by Streamer76 »

Naguissa wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:03 pm
yasirktk wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:39 pm oes this version use an AJAX refresh when a post is thanked or is it the same page refresh/redirect?
Still no AJAX. The update is for the tapatalk modifications, not for the extension.
Any news on Ajax? I think it could be simple to implement, so that it just send ajax call and changes the icon color and disables it for resend? I think theres no need to update usernames that liked on post immediately. This extension would be a lot of nicer and quicker without page load every time you post thanks.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Streamer76 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:29 pm Any news on Ajax? I think it could be simple to implement, so that it just send ajax call and changes the icon color and disables it for resend? I think theres no need to update usernames that liked on post immediately. This extension would be a lot of nicer and quicker without page load every time you post thanks.
No advance, I was working on what seems to be a faulty CPU or Motherboard on my NAS, so today I migrated my 3-way RAID-1 and extra disks to my work's PC (I work at home). It was giving me headaches for about 4 months, with random hangs and weird faults. It was an old 32-bits K7, but it was giving me a very good service...

Still few things needs to be fixed after this mess.... (NAS, Syncthing, NFS, DLNA, rsync, mldonkey... so much services....)

EDIT: Oh, and my son has took over my (old) ultrabook to play games, so I have only spare my chinese Windows tablet (the one I'm writing from....)
jjfilly
Name: jfilly

Post by jjfilly »

I activated the Thanks For Post extension and I see on the posts how many likes a person does and such but there isn't any thumbs up button to press like as in the picture on this thread. Has anyone else had the same problem as I am having.

Goztow

Post by Goztow »

A big thanks for porting this great extension to 3.2! I just updated from 3.1. Here's the Dutch translation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pv3fcjoadjj077/nl.zip?dl=0

jjfilly : did your empty the cache already? Is that the prosilver style or a different one?
jjfilly
Name: jfilly

Post by jjfilly »

It's the prosilver.
mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy »

Have you set the permissions? Or the 'per forum' settings (if there are any)?
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

jjfilly wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 am I activated the Thanks For Post extension and I see on the posts how many likes a person does and such but there isn't any thumbs up button to press like as in the picture on this thread. Has anyone else had the same problem as I am having.

It shouldn't happen.

As I see, your forum has a custom style, it has user details at right instead on the left. It can be one cause (yo can test it with default theme on one user, installing it and configuring it as option instead as default).

Also, as Goztow says, try cleaning the cache, but I'm not confident about this, as some data is already displaying.

In ACP, check user groups and forums permissions, in "Others" section, as mrgoldy suggests.

Goztow wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:39 am A big thanks for porting this great extension to 3.2! I just updated from 3.1. Here's the Dutch translation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pv3fcjoadjj077/nl.zip?dl=0

jjfilly : did your empty the cache already? Is that the prosilver style or a different one?

Thanks!
mrgoldy wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:36 pm Have you set the permissions? Or the 'per forum' settings (if there are any)?
vicarpi

Post by vicarpi »

First of all, excellent extension.

It works perfectly, both in phpBB and in Tapatalk.

I have a question, since I have been looking inside the files (the language ones and all the others and I have not found it).

I have modified "Thanks" for "Me gusta" ("Like" in spanish) and in the Forum it appears perfect.

But in Tapatalk it appears "DAR LAS GRACIAS" ("GIVE THANKS" in english).

Could the word "GRACIAS" from Tapatalk be changed in any way?

This is your example in the first post:

And this is in my Tapatalk:

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

vicarpi wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:06 pm
I have a question, since I have been looking inside the files (the language ones and all the others and I have not found it).

I have modified "Thanks" for "Me gusta" ("Like" in spanish) and in the Forum it appears perfect.

But in Tapatalk it appears "DAR LAS GRACIAS" ("GIVE THANKS" in english).

Could the word "GRACIAS" from Tapatalk be changed in any way?
Thanks!

Probably not, I'll check later. I think it's hardcoden on Tapatalk, so no option to change it from the extension.

Screenshot is from old version on an Android 4.0 or 4.2 compatible phone (Jolla Sailfish, still my only phone). It's a 4 inches display, so may be changes from old tapatalk version, old Android support or any responsive design.
vicarpi

Post by vicarpi »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm waiting for you to confirm if it's hard-coded.
buzuc

Post by buzuc »

Hi Naguissa,

first of all : Thanks for the 3.2 version, it's a functionnality that my members and I are using a lot!
The extension is working fine: giving thanks OK, display of thanks given and received OK, counters OK.

I have an issue though, It appears after upgrading my forum from 3.1 to 3.2: The links to the lists of thanks are leading to a 404 error.

For example, the link to the "Top 10" at the bottom of the forum is

https://www.maquettes-papier.net/forumenpapier/thankslist
The link "Thanks given" in the member information is

https://www.maquettes-papier.net/forumenpapier/thankslist/givens/2/true
and so on...

I tried to find a fix and the only thing I see is my modification of the httacess. But that modification was already there with my board in 3.1...

Any thoughts?

Regards

Return to “Extensions in Development”