[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Macko
Name: Mac Ko

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Macko »

Wow, this looks amazing!!

Currently, I have a 'KARMA' extension on my forum (phpBB 3.2) and it allows for good karma and bad karma to be given to posts (and the member gets them accumulated on their profile), but the worst thing is that it's non-functional for people using TapaTalk.

A few questions:

1) Do you think I could get a dev to make our KARMA extension work with TapaTalk?

2) If I switched over to this mod listed here, could we edit the text to make it say 'good karma' or 'bad karma' or is that not possible?

3) This extension does NOT allow comments, right?

4) Theoretically, could I run both of these extensions, or is that just plain ridiculous?
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Macko wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm Wow, this looks amazing!!

Currently, I have a 'KARMA' extension on my forum (phpBB 3.2) and it allows for good karma and bad karma to be given to posts (and the member gets them accumulated on their profile), but the worst thing is that it's non-functional for people using TapaTalk.

A few questions:

1) Do you think I could get a dev to make our KARMA extension work with TapaTalk?

2) If I switched over to this mod listed here, could we edit the text to make it say 'good karma' or 'bad karma' or is that not possible?

4) Theoretically, could I run both of these extensions, or is that just plain ridiculous?
1) Maybe, but there are some doubts. I plan to check this same idea using like/dislike functionality, but it depends on Tapatalk support. See below.

2) It's possible in language files.

3) No. What could be the purpose of any extra comments in a forum?

4) Possible? Yes. Meaningful? I don't think so....

About likes, dislike and thanks on Tapatalk:

There these actions defined on Tapatalk;

- mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActLikePost.php
- mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActThankPost.php
- mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActUnlikePost.php

Currently I'm using MbqActThankPost, as it was documented for old phpBB 2.X versions.

The problem is about how to get Like and Unlike functionality documentation, as I've never seen it implemented. One possible solution may be install a test forum that supports this functionality (I'm refering anything other than phpBB), try to retrieve all needed data (formats, parameters, etc) and implement that on phpBB's mobiquo folder.

Take in mind these files are possible "Actions" definitions. Once activated, you need to implement that functionality....

But, as you guess, it's a long work....

*Edit*: Also, unlike it's not the same as Dislike, so I'm not even sure if it's possible....
gossipgarden

Post by gossipgarden »

Naguissa wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:23 am
GanstaZ wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 pm You can't see buttons or whatever there may be if you don't have custom theme you are using in extension style folder.
gossipgarden wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:49 am
GanstaZ wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 pm You can't see buttons or whatever there may be if you don't have custom theme you are using in extension style folder.
If I'm understanding what you meant, I tried putting the style we use in the extensions folder but the extension still didn't work.

Hello,

@GanstaZ had a good idea....

No, you don't need to change any name on extension. Please, reupload extension files to revert any change.

The idea is that maybe your custom style (template) is skipping some events.

I've done some more tests:

http://thegossipgarden.com/app.php/toplist - Empty or disabled. Well, it is for sure empty.
http://thegossipgarden.com/thankslist - ERROR: This is caused because renaming extension files; reverting to original files should work (but empty again)
http://thegossipgarden.com/thankslist/givens/53/true - Same as previous case.

Is there any chance to be able to choose between styles? I once had an extension called "Quick style changer" with 3 styles, but removed it because original phpBB style now is responsive and works OK on any device...
Okay I was able to fix the errors you were seeing but the thanks is still not showing up on posts. I just had to move the files you were talking about into the all folder for styles, a bunch of them for whatever reason in the trash of the prosilver php default style. I'm not even sure how that happened.
Macko
Name: Mac Ko

Post by Macko »

Naguissa wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:39 pm
Macko wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:23 pm Wow, this looks amazing!!

A few questions:

1) Maybe, but there are some doubts. I plan to check this same idea using like/dislike functionality, but it depends on Tapatalk support. See below.

2) It's possible in language files.

3) No. What could be the purpose of any extra comments in a forum?

4) Possible? Yes. Meaningful? I don't think so....

About likes, dislike and thanks on Tapatalk:

There these actions defined on Tapatalk;

- mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActLikePost.php
- mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActThankPost.php
- mobiquo/mbqAction/MbqActUnlikePost.php

Currently I'm using MbqActThankPost, as it was documented for old phpBB 2.X versions.

The problem is about how to get Like and Unlike functionality documentation, as I've never seen it implemented. One possible solution may be install a test forum that supports this functionality (I'm refering anything other than phpBB), try to retrieve all needed data (formats, parameters, etc) and implement that on phpBB's mobiquo folder.

Take in mind these files are possible "Actions" definitions. Once activated, you need to implement that functionality....

But, as you guess, it's a long work....

*Edit*: Also, unlike it's not the same as Dislike, so I'm not even sure if it's possible....
Great info, thanks!!! I will be watching this topic for updates.

3) As for the 'comment' when leaving good or bad karma, think of it more like a PM explaining why you left it, but yea, not necessary.

For example, maybe someone calls out another member, and rightfully so, so I decide to give him good KARMA. I could include a short note saying, 'I couldn't agree more, he's a total #!$@#$@#.'

You can also just skip the comment, but it's nice to be able to jot a quick note if you want. We had one member who said his friend died, and someone gave him bad KARMA for the post. In the note it said something like 'sorry to hear this, worst news ever.'

So while everyone can see the KARMA points for a member and for each post, only the author of the post can read the optional note that's attached to the KARMA points from the other member.

We also like the bad KARMA function, as it helps illustrate which members are pissing other members off with their comments. If someone gets about -20 KARMA points they typically go on mod preview. Sure, we could use the 'warning' function of phpBB, but giving members their own system of voting on what they like, and maybe even more importantly, what they don't like, gives us on the Mod Team a good sense of how members perceive what's going on without us having to deal with reports and sending out warnings.

Thanks again! We have a dev forum, and this is something I'm now considering getting our dev to put on it to see if we'd ever want to switch, as myself and a lot of others often use TapaTalk, and that's the ONE thing I feel limited by. Besides the KARMA thingy, almost everything, including moderating actions, are easier through TapaTalk than through my computer browser.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

I have this error on the "Posts toplist" page: site.com/toplist

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/pagination.php on line 144: A non-numeric value encountered
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/pagination.php on line 306: A non-numeric value encountered
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/pagination.php on line 306: A non-numeric value encountered
phpBB 3.2.3 RC.1
PHP: 7.2.3
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Froddelaar wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm I have this error on the "Posts toplist" page: site.com/toplist

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/pagination.php on line 144: A non-numeric value encountered
phpBB 3.2.3 RC.1
Yes, I'm aware. Thanks for reporting!
I'm preparing a new release, you can see in last repo commits, but this is still not solved.

BTW, this only shows if phpbb debug is enabled, never should be this way in production.
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Naguissa wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 pm
Froddelaar wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm I have this error on the "Posts toplist" page: site.com/toplist

phpBB 3.2.3 RC.1
Yes, I'm aware. Thanks for reporting!
I'm preparing a new release, you can see in last repo commits, but this is still not solved.

BTW, this only shows if phpbb debug is enabled, never should be this way in production.
That's strange, seems to be disabled.. // @define('DEBUG_CONTAINER', true);
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

**deleted**

Probably it has more to do with PHP config on server, specifically with error_reporting: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1237615

Edit: More modern topic: viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2368416

Community Team Note

Quoted the whole a a post in unnecessary and can be very confusing. Please only quote is it is absolutely necessary.
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

**Un Needed Quote Deleted**

Debug still showing.. very strange. Think I just wait until it's fixed :)
JustAGuy7
Name: John

Post by JustAGuy7 »

Thanks for making this great extention, I have been testing this on my test forum and when it's out of development I do concider adding it to my live forum.

Now I do have a bit of an off topic (not really, but still a bit off topic) question. So since the longest time we have been using Pico's reputation system. If this extention comes out of development I would very much like to add it to the forum as an replacement for pico's reputation system (which is really outdated), but doing this would mean losing all the old thanks. Does anybody know a way of keeping the old thanks while switching extention? (reputation comments are disabled, so we can loose those and negative reputation I don't care about losing that much, as long as users could keep their thanks/reputation).
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

JustAGuy7 wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 pm Thanks for making this great extention, I have been testing this on my test forum and when it's out of development I do concider adding it to my live forum.

Now I do have a bit of an off topic (not really, but still a bit off topic) question. So since the longest time we have been using Pico's reputation system. If this extention comes out of development I would very much like to add it to the forum as an replacement for pico's reputation system (which is really outdated), but doing this would mean losing all the old thanks. Does anybody know a way of keeping the old thanks while switching extention? (reputation comments are disabled, so we can loose those and negative reputation I don't care about losing that much, as long as users could keep their thanks/reputation).
We could, maybe, make a migration sql or script.
JustAGuy7
Name: John

Post by JustAGuy7 »

Naguissa wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 pmWe could, maybe, make a migration sql or script.
Something like that would be highly appriciated.
Mahdi1944

Post by Mahdi1944 »

Hi, Thanks for your useful extension, but i have a problem in Thanks button, when click on, page will be refresh, but thanks not added and no any changes, Thanks button not working,
but it work when disable phpseo, anyone can help me to fix it?
Thanks
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Mahdi1944 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm Hi, Thanks for your useful extension, but i have a problem in Thanks button, when click on, page will be refresh, but thanks not added and no any changes, Thanks button not working,
Thanks
May be interactions between both extensions...

You can:
- clear cache: probably won't work but worth try..,
- disable information: acp -> extensions -> thanks -> information. worth try...
- use other seo extension: I'm using tas SEO URLs without problems: https://tas2580.net/downloads/phpbb-seo-url/
- try this: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... O-URLs-fix
- discard one of the conflicting extensions.

I have no more ideas..,
Lor@n

Post by Lor@n »

Mahdi1944 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm Hi, Thanks for your useful extension, but i have a problem in Thanks button, when click on, page will be refresh, but thanks not added and no any changes, Thanks button not working,
Thanks
I have the same problem with this ext for SEO :

https://github.com/phpbb-seo

By emptying the cache, and the "production" folder in the cache via FTP, everything works well.

for this bug :

In Toplist, i Have this error at the top of de page :

PHPbb3.2.2
PHP7.1
MySql 5.6

you have an idea?

Return to “Extensions in Development”