[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
newmaney
Name: Carl

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by newmaney »

This extension is great and seems to encourage my forum members to engage with each other more for a Like.

I do have a copy of questions, both are cosmetic, and the first of which is probably easier than the second.

Below is a screencap from the demo. I would like the message separated from the post with ..... (dots) above and below as per the demo. How can I achieve that ?

Dotted lines.JPG

Secondly, just wondering whether it is possible to add the Like icon at the beginning of the thank you/like message ? It would just be static - non clickable. My forum has members from different countries, and I think they would relate better to seeing the Like icon, as well as the message which may not be in the native language.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

newmaney wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:26 am This extension is great and seems to encourage my forum members to engage with each other more for a Like.

I do have a copy of questions, both are cosmetic, and the first of which is probably easier than the second.

Below is a screencap from the demo. I would like the message separated from the post with ..... (dots) above and below as per the demo. How can I achieve that ?

Dotted lines.JPG

Secondly, just wondering whether it is possible to add the Like icon at the beginning of the thank you/like message ? It would just be static - non clickable. My forum has members from different countries, and I think they would relate better to seeing the Like icon, as well as the message which may not be in the native language.

You can do it modifying the styles. You can edit them directly or I always use Advertisement Manager extension to do so. You can add a new "advertisement" at page bottom and add this code:

Note: Change the color from #ff0000 (red) to suit your needs!

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
.postbody .notice { border-top: 1px dashed #ff0000; }
.postbody .notice dt::before { content:"\f087"; font-family: FontAwesome; font-size: 130%; margin: 0 1em; }
</style>

Advertisement Manager extension can be found here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/ads/
newmaney

Post by newmaney »

Naguissa wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:48 am
newmaney wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:26 am This extension is great and seems to encourage my forum members to engage with each other more for a Like.

Dotted lines.JPG

You can do it modifying the styles. You can edit them directly or I always use Advertisement Manager extension to do so. You can add a new "advertisement" at page bottom and add this code:

Note: Change the color from #ff0000 (red) to suit your needs!

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
.postbody .notice { border-top: 1px dashed #ff0000; }
.postbody .notice dt::before { content:"\f087"; font-family: FontAwesome; font-size: 130%; margin: 0 1em; }
</style>

Advertisement Manager extension can be found here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/ads/
Many thanks for your help Naguissa.

I used the Advertisement Manager extension to implement which was perfect for the separation by the dots in the post, but I now see that the code is showing in the ad space at the bottom of the page - I will look at that in the morning, and hopefully it is a simple fix.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

newmaney wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:31 pm Many thanks for your help Naguissa.

I used the Advertisement Manager extension to implement which was perfect for the separation by the dots in the post, but I now see that the code is showing in the ad space at the bottom of the page - I will look at that in the morning, and hopefully it is a simple fix.
I see a new location that could fit perfectly: it's at the end of placements (Advertisement Manager extension) and it's called "scripts" in "others" section. Ypu can try it...
newmaney

Post by newmaney »

Naguissa wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:49 pm
newmaney wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:31 pm Many thanks for your help Naguissa.

I see a new location that could fit perfectly: it's at the end of placements (Advertisement Manager extension) and it's called "scripts" in "others" section. Ypu can try it...
Naguissa you are a star !! Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Liam Davis

Post by Liam Davis »

Any progress on the ajax code please ?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Liam Davis wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:31 am Any progress on the ajax code please ?
Still not....
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

Hey there, I have recently moved to old domain to a new domain and upgrade/update it to current version 3.2.18, phpbb 3.3.2. I have disabled extensions on Customise, except one "Thanks for posts", it is enabled. I have Extensions -> Thanks Settings and Rating Options. It is the same on General options on Yes or No, there is nothing "Thanks" on the posts. I have "Purge the cache" and filemanager cache, except .htaccess and index.htm. Now it is nothing on "thanks" on the posts.

Can you help me?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

TheDani wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:26 pm Hey there, I have recently moved to old domain to a new domain and upgrade/update it to current version 3.2.18, phpbb 3.3.2. I have disabled extensions on Customise, except one "Thanks for posts", it is enabled. I have Extensions -> Thanks Settings and Rating Options. It is the same on General options on Yes or No, there is nothing "Thanks" on the posts. I have "Purge the cache" and filemanager cache, except .htaccess and index.htm. Now it is nothing on "thanks" on the posts.

Can you help me?
I'm still on 3.3.1, I'll update ASAP and check again.

Meanwhile, you can disable -- reupload -- enble the extension to check if anything was messed on upgrade.
TheDani

Post by TheDani »

Disabled, reupload, enable the extensions

Remove likes: Yes
Only for the first post in the topic: No
Show to not identified users (guests): Yes
Show to search engines (bots): Yes
Likes in Global Announcements: Yes
Informative messages: Yes
List likes in post: Yes
Number of likes listed in a post: 10
Likes time: Yes
Likes Counters: Yes
List likes in profile: Yes
Number of likes from the list shown in profile: 100
Number of users in top list: 0
Show rating for posts: Yes
Show topic rating: Yes
Show forums rating: Yes
The number of decimal places for rating: 2
The number of rows in the toplist for rating: 5
Graphic display of the rating: Yes

ACP -> Group forum permissions -> Can Like posts -> Yes

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1:
Likes list
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

memberlist.php
nothing on like/thanks.

viewtopic.php on avatar:
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

viewtopic.php on post-buttons:
nothing on like/thanks. That is the problem.

So, I can see some of Likes/Thanks, but not all.

Edit:

ACP -> Group forum permissions -> Can Like posts -> Yes

Wait, think that I have forgotten it.
  • ACP -> Group forum permissions -> Admin -> All forums -> Full Access (on all the forums) -> Can Like posts -> Yes
  • ACP -> Group forum permissions -> Mod -> All forums -> Full Access (on all the forums) -> Can Like posts -> Yes
  • ACP -> Group forum permissions -> User -> All forums -> Standard Access + Poll (on all or most of the forums) -> Can Like posts -> Yes
silly :oops:
Last edited by TheDani on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

TheDani wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:09 pm Disabled, reupload, enable the extensions

[...]

So, I can see some of Likes/Thanks, but not all.
Configuration seems correct...

Are you using any kind of custom theme?

Could you provide a public URL to check it live?
Rhaethe

Post by Rhaethe »

I have at least one member who can see Thanks on all others' posts, but cannot see Thanks on their own posts. They do receive notifications of the thanks, though.

Does this sort of problem sound familiar to anyone?

~C
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Rhaethe wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:28 pm I have at least one member who can see Thanks on all others' posts, but cannot see Thanks on their own posts. They do receive notifications of the thanks, though.

~C
This one is REALLY weird; any custom theme? Even so, that should behave as all on/ all off, not with this weird selective behaviour....
Rhaethe

Post by Rhaethe »

Naguissa wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:14 pm
Rhaethe wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:28 pm I have at least one member who can see Thanks on all others' posts, but cannot see Thanks on their own posts. They do receive notifications of the thanks, though.

~C
This one is REALLY weird; any custom theme? Even so, that should behave as all on/ all off, not with this weird selective behaviour....
I know lol. We do have a custom theme, but I turned it off to have the member test.

I did find out during talking with him that he can see thanks on his posts in one sub forum, albeit not others. I am about to dig into the forum specific permissions and see if something is there.

~C
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Rhaethe wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:43 am
Naguissa wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:14 pm

~C
I know lol. We do have a custom theme, but I turned it off to have the member test.

I did find out during talking with him that he can see thanks on his posts in one sub forum, albeit not others. I am about to dig into the forum specific permissions and see if something is there.

~C
Yes, maybe that's the problem:
Naguissa wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Return to “Extensions in Development”