[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
GrgoPitic

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by GrgoPitic »

Hello,
that translation is completely accurate and you want to use it.

Code: Select all

Ak je povolená, grafická hodnota sa zobrazí graficky.
It looks better than the old graphics.
EDIT:
My English is weak :-) I often use a translator
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Thanks, updated!

And, new release!

Version 3.2.0: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_posts/releases

Added few changes to database, removing deprecated ACP options.

Changes:
  • Removed all images; changed for FontAwesome glyphs.
  • Revamped reputation graphical display to use glyphs and be responsive.
  • Improved toplists page, specially top forums. Added extra standard items, as icons.
  • Cleaned CSS.
  • Changed menu items to use glyphs and match new syntax.
  • Enhanced menu items to hide them if user has no permission (using phpbb's ACL system).
  • Removed all unused options from extension's ACP.
  • Removed all unused options from extension's language files.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

nudels64 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:06 pm Perfect. I still have a problem with the display of evaluation toplist. the unread button of my themes is not displayed correctly.

it should be so:

Has this error been fixed in new version? It should....
nudels64

Post by nudels64 »

Thanks a lot for the new version. Unfortunately, the display in the toplist is still wrong.
phpbb 3.2.9 # PHP-Version: 7.0 # Themes: Prosilver and Basic
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

nudels64 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:32 pm Thanks a lot for the new version. Unfortunately, the display in the toplist is still wrong.
Issue solved via PM.

It was a custom style collision.

If anyone has any style problem don't hesitate to ask.
KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

I'm very excited about this extension.

The system appears to work exactly the way I was after. However, let's say I wanted to call it a "like" system, rather than "thanks". From my review of the code, it seems this could be easily accomplished by manually editing the label text in the files in the relevant language folder (in my case ThanksForPosts\language\en). The backend would all work the same, but only the text displayed to the user and within the ACP changes. Am I right?

eg in thanks_mod.php,

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE' => 'Someone thanks you for a post',
becomes

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE' => 'Someone liked your post',
and

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_REMOVE' => 'Someone removed thanks for your post',
becomes

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_REMOVE' => 'Someone unliked your post',
etc etc

I am willing to submit alternative English versions of the relevant files to the effect of the above if it helps.
phpBB user since 2002
www.AusRotary.com
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Correct, but there's a problem with translations: Like is correct, but removing a like is not exactly a "unlike"; for this be more correct must be two buttons, like and unlike (like down-vote). As there's only the thanks button, may be more correct approach would be "removed a like" instead "unlike".

Taking this in mind, any adaptation using language files should be OK. You should look for email and any "thanks" appearance on "language" folder.

I'd prefer to not change translation files in main version, as the original purpose of the extension is Thanks, and works this way on TapaTalk (TapaTalk also an interface for Like/Dislike, but I don't know if it's there semi-implemented in phpbb plug-in, that it's what I'm using -finishing the implementation- for make it work with this extension).

But I could add the translation as an extra "en" version, which will not work unless you rename folders (let's say, i.e., en_us_thanks, and you need to manually rename folder to your needs).
KYPREO wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 am I'm very excited about this extension.

The system appears to work exactly the way I was after. However, let's say I wanted to call it a "like" system, rather than "thanks". From my review of the code, it seems this could be easily accomplished by manually editing the label text in the files in the relevant language folder (in my case ThanksForPosts\language\en). The backend would all work the same, but only the text displayed to the user and within the ACP changes. Am I right?

eg in thanks_mod.php,

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE' => 'Someone thanks you for a post',
becomes

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_GIVE' => 'Someone liked your post',
and

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_REMOVE' => 'Someone removed thanks for your post',
becomes

'NOTIFICATION_TYPE_THANKS_REMOVE' => 'Someone unliked your post',
etc etc

I am willing to submit alternative English versions of the relevant files to the effect of the above if it helps.
KYPREO

Post by KYPREO »

Naguissa wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 am Correct, but there's a problem with translations: Like is correct, but removing a like is not exactly a "unlike"; for this be more correct must be two buttons, like and unlike (like down-vote). As there's only the thanks button, may be more correct approach would be "removed a like" instead "unlike".
Not really. "unlike" as a verb in English has a specific meaning in social media - it means to withdraw your support for something. If you want to down-vote something, you would use the word "dislike". For my forum, I would prefer not having a dislike/down-vote feature. I would prefer a more positive environment where good posts are noted but poor posts are just ignored. So your system works perfectly for me.
Taking this in mind, any adaptation using language files should be OK. You should look for email and any "thanks" appearance on "language" folder.

I'd prefer to not change translation files in main version, as the original purpose of the extension is Thanks, and works this way on TapaTalk (TapaTalk also an interface for Like/Dislike, but I don't know if it's there semi-implemented in phpbb plug-in, that it's what I'm using -finishing the implementation- for make it work with this extension).

But I could add the translation as an extra "en" version, which will not work unless you rename folders (let's say, i.e., en_us_thanks, and you need to manually rename folder to your needs).
Great! I did see the email templates and will check them too. When I'm done, I'll pass it all on to you in case you wanted to include it as an optional folder.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and well done on the extension.
phpBB user since 2002
www.AusRotary.com
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Oh, thanks for detailed explanation!

KYPREO wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am
Naguissa wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 am Correct, but there's a problem with translations: Like is correct, but removing a like is not exactly a "unlike"; for this be more correct must be two buttons, like and unlike (like down-vote). As there's only the thanks button, may be more correct approach would be "removed a like" instead "unlike".
Not really. "unlike" as a verb in English has a specific meaning in social media - it means to withdraw your support for something. If you want to down-vote something, you would use the word "dislike". For my forum, I would prefer not having a dislike/down-vote feature. I would prefer a more positive environment where good posts are noted but poor posts are just ignored. So your system works perfectly for me.

Great! I did see the email templates and will check them too. When I'm done, I'll pass it all on to you in case you wanted to include it as an optional folder.

Thanks for taking the time to respond and well done on the extension.
gpsmirror

Post by gpsmirror »

Hello Naguissa,

Congratulations on the excellent work !!

I have installed in the forum version 3.0.3 of Thanks for posts (2017-05-18). I would like to upgrade to version 3.2.0 / f6dade8. And upgrade the mobiquo folder to 2.0.6 (2.0.6-r1 / fa6d818).

But I would like to keep the current thanks count.

How can I do to keep the current count and not start from the beginning?

Thank you.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

For update any extension (at least, any stable -official or RC, usualky all-) you must

1. Disable the extension

2. Delete its folder.

3. Upload new version in same folder,

4. Reactivate the extension.

Any serious extension should have a migration folder if needed, and this is not an exception.

gpsmirror wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 pm Hello Naguissa,

I have installed in the forum version 3.0.3 of Thanks for posts (2017-05-18). I would like to upgrade to version 3.2.0 / f6dade8. And upgrade the mobiquo folder to 2.0.6 (2.0.6-r1 / fa6d818).

Thank you.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Oh! For mobiquo folderm simply delete old an upload new. After extension upgrade.
gpsmirror

Post by gpsmirror »

Naguissa wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:12 pm For update any extension (at least, any stable -official or RC, usualky all-) you must

1. Disable the extension

2. Delete its folder.

Any serious extension should have a migration folder if needed, and this is not an exception.

Thank you.
Yes, I understood...

following this process of uninstalling and re-installing the extension would affect the already recorded total of thanks?

I ask this, since I have already performed this process for other extensions and all information regarding that extension has been excluded. Returning to the beginning when the extension had no record.

What would the migration folder be?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

No, you will not loose data. You need to manually click this option in ACP -> Extensions to do so.

Migrations folder is a folder in the extension that manages changes on database over time automatically. Is a system provided by phpbb to let us, programmers, modify database of our extensions without loosing okd data.

You can see it here:https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... migrations

Oh, a good practice is to do a DB backup just before any update!

gpsmirror wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:41 pm
Naguissa wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:12 pm For update any extension (at least, any stable -official or RC, usualky all-) you must

1. Disable the extension

2. Delete its folder.

Thank you.
Yes, I understood...

following this process of uninstalling and re-installing the extension would affect the already recorded total of thanks?

I ask this, since I have already performed this process for other extensions and all information regarding that extension has been excluded. Returning to the beginning when the extension had no record.

What would the migration folder be?
Bumblebee2018

Post by Bumblebee2018 »

Hi there,

I have installed the extension OK. But when I come to use it I get the following errors:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php on line 627: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php on line 627: Division by zero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4517: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4517: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3268)
I get these errors if I go to the post page. I have read where you talk about BOM, but I have resaved the file using Notepadd++ and even downloaded a fresh version of phpbb (I'm using 3.2.2) and over-written the functions.php file.

I'm not sure what to do about the 'Division by zero' error.

Would really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Return to “Extensions in Development”