[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Naguissa »

RSvlado wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:05 pm
Naguissa wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:50 pm
That's the other (original) extension version, available here: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2259046

This extension still maintains capitalized folder name, ThanksForPosts

You're having trouble probably because installing the two versions at same time.

Probably you whould need to manually fix database or install that other version and stay with that or properly remove it if you prefer this one.

Seems that has been some trouble when managing proper intallation/removal/update on extensions. Check phpBB official guide: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/
I deleted part of database (ext thanksforposts) and for now there is no any kind of errors. But there is no icons, just text :)
There is any other icon missing on the forum? They are basic FontAwesome glyphs, so they should simply work...

Oh! Another detail: is it standard or custom theme?

PS: I'm at bed now, will reply tomorrow...
RSvlado
Name: Vlado

Post by RSvlado »

Naguissa wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 pm
There is any other icon missing on the forum? They are basic FontAwesome glyphs, so they should simply work...

OK, Good night! :)
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

RSvlado wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:36 pm
Naguissa wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:15 pm

OK, Good night! :)

I think that one of these things:

That's still the other extension (or at least some parts).
You have blind assistance enabled on browser.
Any css is missing

That text is only for blind people. In browser inspector I see that as:

Code: Select all

<a id="lnk_thanks_post526" href="../viewtopic.php?f=30&amp;p=526&amp;rthanks=526&amp;to_id=219&amp;from_id=2" title="Eliminar tu agradecimiento: thanksforposts" class="button button-icon-only">
		<i aria-hidden="true" class="icon fa-fw fa-recycle"></i><span class="sr-only">Eliminar agradecimiento</span>
	</a>
As you can see, that text is only for speech systems.

Test reinstalling extension and cleaning phpbb and browser cache...

The 1st option coul explain it, as old extension used images.
I thing other two options should have effect on other icons also, so they are less probabke.

Edit: Also text shouldn't be red, I think....
RSvlado

Post by RSvlado »

Naguissa wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:52 am I think that one of these things:

Any css is missing

<a id="lnk_thanks_post526" href="../viewtopic.php?f=30&amp;p=526&amp;rthanks=526&amp;to_id=219&amp;from_id=2" title="Eliminar tu agradecimiento: thanksforposts" class="button button-icon-only">
		<i aria-hidden="true" class="icon fa-fw fa-recycle"></i><span class="sr-only">Eliminar agradecimiento</span>
	</a>

I thing other two options should have effect on other icons also, so they are less probabke.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean with this post. What is this code and what can I do with it? :(
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

RSvlado wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:47 pm
Naguissa wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:52 am I think that one of these things:

Any css is missing

</a>

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand what you mean with this post. What is this code and what can I do with it? :(

That code is Remove thanks button, taken directly from my forum. As text in the button is enclosed with a 'class="sr-only"', it means that it should be only for SR --> Screen Reader --> Aid for blind people. And never should be visible on your forum, at least if you don't have enabled any kind of visual aid.

Also, I think that it shouldn't be red,a s it has no special class or style for that.

So, I think that you have any kind of mix of both versions. You said you're using any kind of XAMPP. I suppose you work in Windows, that messes with capitalization and can be the reason of the trouble when managing both versions of this extension.

My recommendation: Reinstall the extension (Disable - Delete files (not data!) - Copy new - Enable) but using a newly downloaded one: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... ses/latest

That would clean any mix of both versions and should work OK.
RSvlado

Post by RSvlado »

Naguissa wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:01 pm That code is Remove thanks button, taken directly from my forum. As text in the button is enclosed with a 'class="sr-only"', it means that it should be only for SR --> Screen Reader --> Aid for blind people. And never should be visible on your forum, at least if you don't have enabled any kind of visual aid.

Also, I think that it shouldn't be red,a s it has no special class or style for that.

So, I think that you have any kind of mix of both versions. You said you're using any kind of XAMPP. I suppose you work in Windows, that messes with capitalization and can be the reason of the trouble when managing both versions of this extension.

My recommendation: Reinstall the extension (Disable - Delete files (not data!) - Copy new - Enable) but using a newly downloaded one: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... ses/latest

That would clean any mix of both versions and should work OK.
I sent you PM.
RSvlado

Post by RSvlado »

Thanks a lot, Naguissa :) By PM you reminded me where I made the mistake. I overwrote old (3.1.9) prosilver folder over new one (3.2.2). Why? Don't ask me why :lol: Now everything works OK.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

RSvlado wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm Thanks a lot, Naguissa :) By PM you reminded me where I made the mistake. I overwrote old (3.1.9) prosilver folder over new one (3.2.2). Why? Don't ask me why :lol: Now everything works OK.
Perfect!

Other thing, I'm festín new mobiquo folder version, it will be available today, I'll post it here then. Thaks to all that told me about new Tapatalk version available!
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Tests worked correctly, new mobiquo folder revision, corresponding to 2.0.8 Tapatalk version: https://github.com/Naguissa/mobiquo_thanks/releases

Edit: Found a bug, solved on: https://github.com/Naguissa/mobiquo_tha ... g/2.0.8-r2
menz01

Post by menz01 »

noticed something today that must be wrong or i have a setting wrong. when looking at my mini-profile (on every topic i post in, under my avatar is some profile info) there are two counters "Has thanked" and "Been thanked" and both shoe a count of "0" when i have been thanked and i have given thanks. it looks like this:

personally.... i really would like to not show that in the mini-profile at all but i cannot find a setting to not display that. but since it is displayed, i would like to see why the counter is not counting?

thanks in advance
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

menz01 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:45 pm noticed something today that must be wrong or i have a setting wrong. when looking at my mini-profile (on every topic i post in, under my avatar is some profile info) there are two counters "Has thanked" and "Been thanked" and both shoe a count of "0" when i have been thanked and i have given thanks. it looks like this:

personally.... i really would like to not show that in the mini-profile at all but i cannot find a setting to not display that. but since it is displayed, i would like to see why the counter is not counting?

thanks in advance
That's strange.... maybe something about cache, but shouldn't be...

I've checked on my own forum to see if something was wrong but it's prefect, this issue is not shown.

Could you provide a link to the forum?
menz01

Post by menz01 »

Naguissa wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:56 pm
menz01 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:45 pm noticed something today that must be wrong or i have a setting wrong. when looking at my mini-profile (on every topic i post in, under my avatar is some profile info) there are two counters "Has thanked" and "Been thanked" and both shoe a count of "0" when i have been thanked and i have given thanks. it looks like this:

thanks in advance
That's strange.... maybe something about cache, but shouldn't be...

I've checked on my own forum to see if something was wrong but it's prefect, this issue is not shown.

Could you provide a link to the forum?
its a private board and i am not allowed to provide any guest access. is there any way to make it not show in the mini-profile? that would should be the "easy button" in my opinion
bcurran3

Post by bcurran3 »

Hi.

I just tried to install 3.2.9 and received this error when trying to enable:
Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.

The permission role "ROLE_USER_NOAVATAR" unexpectedly does not exist.

Return to the extension list
Is it just me?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

bcurran3 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:43 am Hi.

I just tried to install 3.2.9 and received this error when trying to enable:
Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.

The permission role "ROLE_USER_NOAVATAR" unexpectedly does not exist.

Return to the extension list
Is it just me?

It seems to be something related to ROLES in your phpbb installation. I've not been told about anything similar, and even the code, as far as I remember, doesn't use any role like this. It should be when defining defaults for all roles (from DB, not manually), and that role is damaged in your installation.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

menz01 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 pm its a private board and i am not allowed to provide any guest access. is there any way to make it not show in the mini-profile? that would should be the "easy button" in my opinion
Solved via PM simply deleting miniprofile extra fields, as was board owner's desire.

Return to “Extensions in Development”