[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by 3Di »

Naguissa wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:04 pm Oh, I didn't saw that branch! I picked original code from master, thinking it was abandoned (or mostly abandoned).
FWIW. did you ask rxu before to try and use its code and efforts?
The author is quite active here. 8-)
Naguissa wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 pm I had trouble updating from old mod to rxu extension when I migrated to phpbb 3.1. I had to remove some of migrations and clean permissions manually.
Permissions issues have been well dealt with in the original rxu's topic. ;)

And last but not least, sincerely you have no chances IMHO to get the "crap-a-talk" stuff validated here, I am assuming you are bound to submit this to the CDB?

I am not meant to ruin a party, but..
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

I bet this can be released to the CDB without the Tapatalk part which can be offered separately, right?

Anyway, one more request, Naguissa. Any chance of removing all those images from the extension and replacing them with font awesome icons? With 3.2 there's no need for image icons. What do you think?
david63

Post by david63 »

Can I just point out that as the Tapatalk extension has not been released into the CDB then this extension will be denied if it is submitted to the CDB if if has links to Tapatalk.

Also it is a requirement of phpBB extensions that they are "self contained" which means that you cannot have any files/folders that are not within the extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

3Di wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 pm
Naguissa wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:04 pm Oh, I didn't saw that branch! I picked original code from master, thinking it was abandoned (or mostly abandoned).
FWIW. did you ask rxu before to try and use its code and efforts?
The author is quite active here. 8-)
No, I thougth it was abandoned. I'm also not an active user here. I simply had a need and solved it.

I'm talking with him now and I'll merge the repos when I have some time.
3Di wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 pm
Naguissa wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 pm I had trouble updating from old mod to rxu extension when I migrated to phpbb 3.1. I had to remove some of migrations and clean permissions manually.
Permissions issues have been well dealt with in the original rxu's topic. ;)
It was hard because there were several Thanks for posts MOD versions available. It was quite time ago, I don't remember it clearly, but I think I solved it removing some migrations and doing that manually.

But it was a MOD to EXT problem, nothing related to EXT itself.
3Di wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 pm And last but not least, sincerely you have no chances IMHO to get the "crap-a-talk" stuff validated here, I am assuming you are bound to submit this to the CDB?

I am not meant to ruin a party, but..
- Tapatalk changes have nothing to do with extensions.
- Tapatalk code is independent of extension and it's in other repo. It's not needed to extension to work.
- Tapatalk changes are made to Tapatalk code itself. Core remains unchanged.
- That changes have been made available to Tapatalk through a support ticket.
- I think there's a very small change on extension itself, but something like a function or parameter change, to support Tapatalk calls.
- Tapatalk code is NOT intended to be accepted as extension. In fact, it's not a extension.

jackennils wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 pm I bet this can be released to the CDB without the Tapatalk part which can be offered separately, right?
You are right.
jackennils wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 pm Anyway, one more request, Naguissa. Any chance of removing all those images from the extension and replacing them with font awesome icons? With 3.2 there's no need for image icons. What do you think?
Mainly it's leftovers. At least, topic buttons are made with font awesome. Yes, I will have to do some cleaning.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

david63 wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 am Can I just point out that as the Tapatalk extension has not been released into the CDB then this extension will be denied if it is submitted to the CDB if if has links to Tapatalk.

Also it is a requirement of phpBB extensions that they are "self contained" which means that you cannot have any files/folders that are not within the extension.
No, Tapatalk modifications is AN EXTRA. Thanks for posts works fine without it.

I've updated mobiquo functions because I wanted it to support thanks, as it did before.

But I repeat again: Tapatalk support is something independent on this extension, it's not needed by the extension, is NOT an extension and it will never be released as extension (and then, never in CDB).
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Naguissa wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:26 am
jackennils wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:28 pm Anyway, one more request, Naguissa. Any chance of removing all those images from the extension and replacing them with font awesome icons? With 3.2 there's no need for image icons. What do you think?
Mainly it's leftovers. At least, topic buttons are made with font awesome. Yes, I will have to do some cleaning.
Excellent, thank you.
maras2626

Post by maras2626 »

Naguissa wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:57 pm New release published.

I've found a bug when displaying recieved notifications and I've fixed it.

Download the latest release (initial post link is valid).
I've got the latest version and it's a problem after adding a "thanks". Page 404 appears
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Same here. Not working.

Clicking on a Thanks button leads to 404.

Link looks like this:

Code: Select all

https://mydomain.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=53788&thanks=53788&to_id=4443&from_id=2
ViolaF
I've Been Banned!

Post by ViolaF »

david63 wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:04 amCDB
What is CDB :?:

Extension Data Base is EDB, hmm... :?:
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Customization Database
ViolaF
I've Been Banned!

Post by ViolaF »

ah, thanks...
Spaldo

Post by Spaldo »

Thanks for this Naguissa. I have been wanting a thanks/like mod that works with Tapatalk for a while now!
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

:oops: A very stupid harcoded path. And correct variable was there, just 2 lines before.

Fixed and released (v3.0.2).

It was failing on forums where path was not '/' (the hardcoded path), just like, i.e., "/forum" routes.

maras2626 wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 11:00 am
Naguissa wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 2:57 pm New release published.

I've found a bug when displaying recieved notifications and I've fixed it.

Download the latest release (initial post link is valid).
I've got the latest version and it's a problem after adding a "thanks". Page 404 appears
jackennils wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 4:19 pm Same here. Not working.

Clicking on a Thanks button leads to 404.

Link looks like this:

Code: Select all

https://mydomain.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=53788&thanks=53788&to_id=4443&from_id=2
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Okay, I now did some testing and will continuously list some bugs/comments here:
  • The composer file is not updated to 3.0.2, it still says 3.0.0
  • When you get a notification for multiple thanks, then there should be no avatar output in the notification at all (http://i.imgur.com/SjaVGfS.png)
  • In the settings page it says "MOD version: : 2.0.2" (http://i.imgur.com/ffCf5eQ.png)
  • After I removed a thanks, I was not able to re-thank the same post. Simply nothing happened. Is this desired behavior?
  • After clearing a list of thanks, I was not able to re-thank. Desired behavior as well?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

All of that is strange, have you tried cleaning cache?

I've a production system ( foroelectro.net ) and a local site that is completely bare + this extension (even it doesn't have Tapatalk support) and both work correctly.
  • About version numbers, well, I was correcting some of them on 3.0.3 (when there's any fix to release such version)
  • When you get a notification for multiple thanks, then there should be no avatar output in the notification at all (http://i.imgur.com/SjaVGfS.png)
  • Avatar comes from PHPBB directly, and should be (on a bare installation): ./styles/prosilver/theme/images/no_avatar.gif
  • In the settings page it says "MOD version: : 2.0.2" (http://i.imgur.com/ffCf5eQ.png)
  • About version numbers, well, I was correcting some of them on 3.0.2 but still I forgot Travis file. So that should not happen on 3.0.2 but still I forgot Travis file.
  • After I removed a thanks, I was not able to re-thank the same post. Simply nothing happened. Is this desired behavior?
  • No. For sure.
  • After clearing a list of thanks, I was not able to re-thank. Desired behavior as well?
  • No. For sure.
Again, Could you reset cache and retest? If bugs continues, please, tell extra info as style, version, extensions which could conflict....

Thanks for the info.

jackennils wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 12:31 pm Okay, I now did some testing and will continuously list some bugs/comments here:

Return to “Extensions in Development”