[3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
jackennils

Re: [3.2][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by jackennils » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Settings can now be saved again, but I still get this when I want to remove it completely:

Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:31 pm

jackennils wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:44 pm
Settings can now be saved again, but I still get this when I want to remove it completely:

Fixed! At 3.1.4 (latest) here: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_posts/releases

It seems memcache was preventing to view this error.

jackennils

Post by jackennils » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Super, works great now. Thank you!

emsik

Post by emsik » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello, i've installed latest version 3.1.4, next i imported data from old database to new "thanks" table and everything seems to be ok. Next in ACP in Thanks for Post extension i choose "update counters" and it prune the "thanks" table :cry: where did i made a mistake?
Do i need first to give permisssion to users?

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm

emsik wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:10 pm
Hello, i've installed latest version 3.1.4, next i imported data from old database to new "thanks" table and everything seems to be ok. Next in ACP in Thanks for Post extension i choose "update counters" and it prune the "thanks" table :cry: where did i made a mistake?
Do i need first to give permisssion to users?
Strange... But you shouldn't need to save -> import thanks data, you should (make a backup, of course) and then install the extension directly. It should update the old tables to new format.

Update counters is used to readjust total counters after users adding/removing.

emsik

Post by emsik » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Problem is solved, it was generated by my bad assumption with poster_id and user_id variables

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:25 pm

emsik wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm
Problem is solved, it was generated by my bad assumption with poster_id and user_id variables
Could you explain the issue? Then I could try to modify migrations in order to try to fix migrations.

I will need:
- Original MOD/Extension version.
- Procedure to import data correctly.

Thanks!

emsik

Post by emsik » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 am

This is Abandomed Mod viewtopic.php?p=6514825 and i cant find source file of that modification.
Here is screenshot of old table structure
so i need only import this data to yours table
as you can see its really similar structure but i made a mistake with assigning columns. Correctly shuld be help_to=poster_id and help_from=user_id. Now it works :D

Btw. Thank for your work on this extension :!:

I only found that on Rating topics in prosilver_se, topics icon are crashed

Is that normal that profile information about thanks is only visible in posts where somebody has thanked?
Is it possible to disable Posts Toplist from menu if i disable it in ACP? Now it displays that "Toplist is empty or disabled by administrator" - i'have foud it via user permissions ;)

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 am

Oh, I never heard about this one, but yes, it's bassically Палыч's original Thanks for Posts MOD.

Basically a 1:1 database mapping, only with the extra "help_reason" field.

You're welcome!
emsik wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 am
This is Abandomed Mod viewtopic.php?p=6514825 and i cant find source file of that modification.
Here is screenshot of old table structure
so i need only import this data to yours table
as you can see its really similar structure but i made a mistake with assigning columns. Correctly shuld be help_to=poster_id and help_from=user_id. Now it works :D

Btw. Thank for your work on this extension :!:

Issue reproduced. I'll fix ASAP.

Also I've found a typo in a Spanish translation, just in same screen and just after the icon.
emsik wrote:
I only found that on Rating topics in prosilver_se, topics icon are crashed

Yes, it is. No info to show... :)
emsik wrote:
Is that normal that profile information about thanks is only visible in posts where somebody has thanked?

To show/hide menu item you need to add/remove permissions in: ACP -> Permissions --> Group permissions -> Pick group --> Advanced --> Various (translated from Spanish, maybe it's called Others or similar) --> Can see TOP list.

But you need to enable ranking on messages or theme (at least one) in order to be able to view any info in that page. You can do so in ACP --> Extensions --> Ranking options --> The 2 top options
emsik wrote:
Is it possible to disable Posts Toplist from menu if i disable it in ACP? Now it displays that "Toplist is empty or disabled by administrator" - i'have foud it via user permissions ;)

emsik

Post by emsik » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 am

Naguissa wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 am

emsik wrote:
i mean, the information about thanks in mini profile. So the situation looks like in the same thread in one post i can see the information in user mini profile with counted thanks but in another post the same user doesn't has information about counted thanks in mini profile. It is by design?

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Yes, I see... It's by design, thanks info only shows on thanked messages, but I think it's weird.... I'll update that.

You can see it in action: https://www.foroelectro.net/electronica ... -t178.html

emsik wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 am
Naguissa wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 am

emsik wrote:
i mean, the information about thanks in mini profile. So the situation looks like in the same thread in one post i can see the information in user mini profile with counted thanks but in another post the same user doesn't has information about counted thanks in mini profile. It is by design?

emsik

Post by emsik » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:45 pm

Naguissa wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm
Yes, I see... It's by design, thanks info only shows on thanked messages, but I think it's weird.... I'll update that.
If it's by design it can stay as it is. Maybe showing thanks info in every mini profile could add extra load to the server and thats why it is showed only on thanked messages.

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:59 pm

I've modified it, it felt so weird. As I'm not in my laptop, used to manage GIT and so on, I cannot publish the code in the repo. I'll do it later, as all my computers are sync'ed.

You can see new behavior:

Miniprofile: https://www.foroelectro.net/electronica ... -t178.html

Profile: https://www.foroelectro.net/memberlist. ... file&u=185

Wait few hours until I reach my laptop and I'll publish new revision.

emsik wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:45 pm
Naguissa wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm
If it's by design it can stay as it is. Maybe showing thanks info in every mini profile could add extra load to the server and thats why it is showed only on thanked messages.

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm

New release 3.1.5 published: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_posts/releases

• Fixed toplists in order to use new phpbb stylings
  • Modified post miniprofile and user profile to always show post data; now it doesn't hide when there's no thanks, it simply shows 0.
  • Fixed a spanish wrong word; a typo

emsik

Post by emsik » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:19 am

Naguissa wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm
New release 3.1.5 published: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_posts/releases

• Fixed toplists in order to use new phpbb stylings
  • Modified post miniprofile and user profile to always show post data; now it doesn't hide when there's no thanks, it simply shows 0.
  • Fixed a spanish wrong word; a typo
i know that before wasnt perfect but now with displaying 0 it doesnt look good, specially in topics where most users doesnt have thanks.
So in my opinion the best solution is to not displaying thanks info when users doesnt have any or to stay with the old way displaying only on thanked messages.

Return to “Extensions in Development”