[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Naguissa »

miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:07 pm
Hi,

I already had the Thanks for Posts contribution by rxu installed (https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... r_posts_2/)

But I really want Tapatalk integration so just been looking at this as I think they are based on the same thing anyway.

1. I tried just copying the mobiquo folder in the hope that thanks/likes in Tapatalk would just start working, but they didn't

2. I tried replacing the contribution folders with your one but I just kept getting a load of errors about it already being a module, or missing files as the system seemed confused (I had renamed the other contribution and deactivated it first).

This is the error I get: "A module already exists: ACP_THANKS" - I suspect if I click DELETE data it would all end up working but I don't really want to lose all the thanks from the database.

Can you provide any guidance on

1. Is there any way to get Taptalk integration working easily with the rxu contribution?

2. If not, what is the best way to switch the contribution to your one, and if I did this, would it mean all the previous thanks that had been given would disappear from the site?

Many thanks

There's no way rxu's extension works with my Tapatalk integration.

You can install this extension after disabling rxu's one, it should work with other extension data. Last time I checked they were interchangeable.

To install Tapatalk support you can read 1st post of this thread:
Naguissa wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:09 am
[...]

Installation:

Extension:

Extension files should be extracted to /ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/ folder. Then the extension should be enabled in ACP as usually.

Tapatalk:

Install regular Tapatalk plugin without enabling it; you can download it from here: https://www.tapatalk.com/download_phpbb

Overwrite "<PHPBB_ROOT>/mobiquo" content with repository one.

Note: Support for phpBB 3.3.x is available for 1st time on version 2.1.7; previous versions will fail even on the original plugin.

[...]
atonicens

Post by atonicens »

Thanks, but it seems maybe they are no longer interchangable.

After I disable the other one, delete the folder, add your one and try activating I just get an exception thrown:

"A module already exists: ACP_THANKS" -
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:42 pm

After I disable the other one, delete the folder, add your one and try activating I just get an exception thrown:

Then you need to:

1. Make a DB backup
2. Delete the other extension data
3. Install my extension
4. Restore phpbb_thanks table data from the backup.
uygar2580

Post by uygar2580 »

OK, deleted old version. Downloaded 3.2.16 and enabled, cleared cache and cleared manually, still it gives http 500 error.

Heres the server log.

[01-Mar-2020 16:45:14 Europe/Istanbul] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "gfksx_ThanksForPosts_thankslist_controller_user" as such route does not exist. in /home/dheproje/public_html/cache/production/url_generator.php:45
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dheproje/public_html/phpbb/routing/router.php(168): phpbb_url_generator->generate('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, 1)
#1 /home/dheproje/public_html/phpbb/routing/helper.php(148): phpbb\routing\router->generate('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, 1)
#2 /home/dheproje/public_html/phpbb/controller/helper.php(114): phpbb\routing\helper->route('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array, true, false, 1)
#3 /home/dheproje/public_html/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php(541): phpbb\controller\helper->route('gfksx_ThanksFor...', Array)
#4 /home/dheproje/public_html/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/event/listener.php(207): gfksx\ThanksForPosts\core\helper->output_thanks(48, Array, Array, Array, 1)
#5 /home/dheproje/public_html/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispa in /home/dheproje/public_html/cache/production/url_generator.php on line 45
atonicens

Post by atonicens »

Naguissa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:49 pm
miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Then you need to:

1. Make a DB backup
3. Install my extension
Thank you very much. I will try it!
atonicens

Post by atonicens »

Mixing these 2 contributions has completely messed up my site. I just found that the thanks table no longer existed at all after switching trying to switch the folders around earlier.

Thought ok; let's just get it working with your plugin and accept the data loss. It then activated but the moment I went to any post the site just errored with:

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\notification\exception: NOTIFICATION_TYPE_NOT_EXIST in /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php:915 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php(951): phpbb\notification\manager->get_notification_type_id('gfksx.thanksfor...') #1 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php(163): phpbb\notification\manager->get_notification_type_ids(Array) #2 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php(147): phpbb\notification\manager->mark_notifications(Array, Array, '49', false) #3 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php(855): phpbb\notification\manager->mark_notifications_read(Array, Array, '49') #4 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/event/listener.php(269): gfksx\ThanksForPosts\core\helper->notification_markread(Array) #5 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher. in /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php on line 915
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:09 pm
Mixing these 2 contributions has completely messed up my site. I just found that the thanks table no longer existed at all after switching trying to switch the folders around earlier.

Thought ok; let's just get it working with your plugin and accept the data loss. It then activated but the moment I went to any post the site just errored with:

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\notification\exception: NOTIFICATION_TYPE_NOT_EXIST in /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php:915 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php(951): phpbb\notification\manager->get_notification_type_id('gfksx.thanksfor...') #1 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php(163): phpbb\notification\manager->get_notification_type_ids(Array) #2 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php(147): phpbb\notification\manager->mark_notifications(Array, Array, '49', false) #3 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php(855): phpbb\notification\manager->mark_notifications_read(Array, Array, '49') #4 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/event/listener.php(269): gfksx\ThanksForPosts\core\helper->notification_markread(Array) #5 /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher. in /homepages/28/d606210963/htdocs/bidstack/phpbb/notification/manager.php on line 915

About changing folders, I referred interchangeable as one extension by other, not about overwriting files, renaming folders or so.

Make sure you intall the extension in its folder, don't change any name.

About notifications error, are you sure you deleted data before deleting rxu extension from server (or mixing with mine)?

And about data loss, yes, phpbb_thanks table is deleted when you click "delete extension data". That's why in step 1 I told to do a backup. If you did it you can restore that table with all your thanks data.
atonicens

Post by atonicens »

Naguissa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:26 pm
miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:09 pm

About changing folders, I referred interchangeable as one extension by other, not about overwriting files, renaming folders or so.

Make sure you intall the extension in its folder, don't change any name.

About notifications error, are you sure you deleted data before deleting rxu extension from server (or mixing with mine)?

And about data loss, yes, phpbb_thanks table is deleted when you click "delete extension data". That's why in step 1 I told to do a backup. If you did it you can restore that table with all your thanks data.
I didn't click any delete extension data but data somehow got deleted anyway.

Your folder is called 'thanksforposts' and so is the other contribution so clearly something gets messed up if you try deleting one folder and replacing it with the other one.

Right now I can't get either of your contributions to work anymore.

If I try deleting data from the other plugin I just get the error that the module already exists.

Do you know if there is a table that I can manually remove a record from that references the contributions? - something has got very caught up due to the use of the same folder name between both of your contributions
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

I created a new version, as it had still one missing capitals: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... tag/3.2.17

But:

miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Your folder is called 'thanksforposts' and so is the other contribution so clearly something gets messed up if you try deleting one folder and replacing it with the other one.

If I try deleting data from the other plugin I just get the error that the module already exists.

Do you know if there is a table that I can manually remove a record from that references the contributions? - something has got very caught up due to the use of the same folder name between both of your contributions

miket80 wrote:
I told you specifically to do so; now you can be dealing with DB corruption.

Naguissa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:49 pm
Then you need to:

1. Make a DB backup
3. Install my extension

miket80 wrote:
Folders differ. My folder is "gfsk/ThanksForPosts" the other has no capitals. It can create conflicts in Windows (maybe OSX) but in usual Linux/BSD servers there's no problem.

But in ANY extension update, phpBB STANDARD procedure is :

1) Disable
2) Delete (remove files from server)
3) Upload new
4) Enable.

Yo must NEVER skip any step, even in minor updates of the same extension. I'm talking about step 2...

miket80 wrote:

If you followed step 1 of my instructions, at least you have the data.

Try deleting the extension in your server and uploading the one I posted at the beginning of this message.
atonicens

Post by atonicens »

Ended up having to delete manually out of the modules table.

Was then able to reset the other contribution, remove data and delete the folder.

Then freshly installed your one and activated fine. But again clicked on any post and got:

Fatal error: Uncaught phpbb\notification\exception: NOTIFICATION_TYPE_NOT_EXIST in /homepages/.../phpbb/notification/manager.php:915 Stack trace: #0 /homepages//...//phpbb/notification/manager.php(951): phpbb\notification\manager->get_notification_type_id('gfksx.thanksfor...') #1 /homepages//...//phpbb/notification/manager.php(163): phpbb\notification\manager->get_notification_type_ids(Array) #2 /homepages/2/...//phpbb/notification/manager.php(147): phpbb\notification\manager->mark_notifications(Array, Array, '49', false) #3 /homepages//.../ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php(855): phpbb\notification\manager->mark_notifications_read(Array, Array, '49') #4 /homepages//.../ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/event/listener.php(269): gfksx\ThanksForPosts\core\helper->notification_markread(Array) #5 /homepages//.../vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher. in /homepages/.../phpbb/notification/manager.php on line 915

I've managed to go back to the other contribution now and all working fine. I think the notification errors may have occurred regardless now that I've 'cleaned things up'
Last edited by atonicens on Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:50 pm

Was then able to reset the other contribution, remove data and delete the folder.

Then freshly installed your one and activated fine. But again clicked on any post and got:

Check this one version: https://github.com/Naguissa/thanks_for_ ... tag/3.2.18

I still don't know why my Linux servers doesn't have problems with this and your server does....
atonicens

Post by atonicens »

Naguissa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:05 pm
miket80 wrote:

I still don't know why my Linux servers doesn't have problems with this and your server does....
Thanks, what did you change in this release? - should that fix the notification errors do you think?

Not sure either, I'm hosting with 1and1 (Ionus)...
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:11 pm
Naguissa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:05 pm
miket80 wrote:

Thanks, what did you change in this release? - should that fix the notification errors do you think?

Not sure either, I'm hosting with 1and1 (Ionus)...

There's a mess with capitals in a lot of names. I rechecked all mentions of notifications and unified to non-capitals in the only place it wasn't, services.yml. Anyway, it was always that way and working without problems since years ago, but it may help...
atonicens

Post by atonicens »

Maybe it would be a good idea to change the name of the contribution entirely (I said this to the other contribution author too).

You've forked off of the other contribution which is still active even for 3.3. Just differentiating your contributions by Upper / lower case names of the same thing, probably isn't the best thing.

Don't think either of the contributor authors have done anything wrong here, but clearly there is a bit of a clash, and upper casing things as a solution may be difficult to maintain

May be even better still just to make your one a Tapatalk mod, that way you aren't both keeping the same contribution up to date. Like the AJAX add on mod does
Nutu.

Post by Nutu. »

i've got a question, this ext will not show all the thanks you'd gave, i mean, if i give a thanks to someone in a specific subforum, someone that hasn't access to that subforum will not see that the member has that thanks, in top thanks it shows different thanks count to each member, because they dont have access to specific forums where thanks have been given, is there any possible way to make them be able to see all the thanks? even if they dont have permission to a specific forum, they can still see how many thanks a member has. and if he goes to the link to the thanks, it would be shown, you dont have acccess to this forum or something, any idea?

Return to “Extensions in Development”