[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by Naguissa »

Nutu. wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:10 pm
i've got a question, this ext will not show all the thanks you'd gave, i mean, if i give a thanks to someone in a specific subforum, someone that hasn't access to that subforum will not see that the member has that thanks, in top thanks it shows different thanks count to each member, because they dont have access to specific forums where thanks have been given, is there any possible way to make them be able to see all the thanks? even if they dont have permission to a specific forum, they can still see how many thanks a member has. and if he goes to the link to the thanks, it would be shown, you dont have acccess to this forum or something, any idea?
I don't recall it 100%, but as I remember you can see the correct count number but you can't see the messages you don't have permission in the tops or lists.

Nutu.

Post by Nutu. »

Naguissa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:31 pm
Nutu. wrote:
i've got a question, this ext will not show all the thanks you'd gave, i mean, if i give a thanks to someone in a specific subforum, someone that hasn't access to that subforum will not see that the member has that thanks, in top thanks it shows different thanks count to each member, because they dont have access to specific forums where thanks have been given, is there any possible way to make them be able to see all the thanks? even if they dont have permission to a specific forum, they can still see how many thanks a member has. and if he goes to the link to the thanks, it would be shown, you dont have acccess to this forum or something, any idea?
I don't recall it 100%, but as I remember you can see the correct count number but you can't see the messages you don't have permission in the tops or lists.
yeah, this is how it supposed to work, and it worked but (i did something wrong with permissions and i had to re-make them) and since then they dont have access anymore, any idea how can i fix it?

KYPREO
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by KYPREO »

miket80 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:26 pm
Maybe it would be a good idea to change the name of the contribution entirely (I said this to the other contribution author too).

You've forked off of the other contribution which is still active even for 3.3. Just differentiating your contributions by Upper / lower case names of the same thing, probably isn't the best thing.

Don't think either of the contributor authors have done anything wrong here, but clearly there is a bit of a clash, and upper casing things as a solution may be difficult to maintain

May be even better still just to make your one a Tapatalk mod, that way you aren't both keeping the same contribution up to date. Like the AJAX add on mod does
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this but because both rxu and Naguissa have independently forked off the same original mod created by gfksx, they both have to keep the same original author name and extension name.

The use of the lowercase name has nothing to do with differentiating the extension from rxu's version. The user of the lowercase name is a requirement for compatibility with phpBB 3.3.
phpBB user since 2002
www.AusRotary.com

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

No, it's explained in several places, including a little brief in 1st post and in GitHub repository header:

1. Original MOD was developed by gfsk

2. Repacking to phpBB 3.0/3.1 was developed by rxu

3. I didn't see the phpBB 3.2 branch in rxu repo and didn't see any comment on rxu extension forum, so I forked 3.0/3.1 extension and modified it to fix phpBB 3.2 compatibility. Also added Tapatalk support and made some changes that I liked, like removing images and use FontAwesome. These changes broke phpBB 3.0/3.1 compatibility.

4. I published this version for anyone who wanted to use it on new (at that time) phpBB 3.2

5. Of course, rxu continued his work in his branch, leading to another phpBB 3.2 compatible version.

6. As conversations weren't fluid and my changes wouldn't be added to rxu version, I decided to continue maintaining this version, that I develop for my own forum and I do as I wish (I accept suggestions, but I develop things I consider useful).

Consider this a personal fork made available that seems to have more users than I expected.

And it seems other people like it, per some changes, some support, easy releases and/or Tapatalk support.

EDIT:
Oh! The name was originally(on gfsk's MOD) ThanksForPosts; rxu renamed it to prevent some problems (good practice!). If anytime I decide to change it take for granted it will become naguissa/thaksforposts, without any capital. This way it prevents any clash and problem.

Nutu.

Post by Nutu. »

Nutu. wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:36 pm
Naguissa wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:31 pm
Nutu. wrote:
yeah, this is how it supposed to work, and it worked but (i did something wrong with permissions and i had to re-make them) and since then they dont have access anymore, any idea how can i fix it?
any help please? it really seems awful when there different thanks to each group :/

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Nutu. wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:33 pm
any help please? it really seems awful when there different thanks to each group :/
The correct way is to fix permissions before anything.

After that, you can go to: ACP -- Extensions -- Thanks for posts / Update counters -- "Refresh" button.

Nutu.

Post by Nutu. »

I've done that, but no difference, still the same.. permissions has been set as it should i guess
Can view list of all thanks YES
Can view toplist YES

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Nutu. wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:52 pm
I've done that, but no difference, still the same.. permissions has been set as it should i guess
Can view list of all thanks YES
Can view toplist YES
It's like when you set permissions to not be able to see a subforum: You can see last poster, but no post titles.

In the extension you can see thanks number, but thanks list can have less posts if the user cannot see that topic.

It's expected behaviour: if you show post title (or worse, a brief of the post) you are bypassing phpBB permission system....

tengildet

Post by tengildet »

Hi,
Is there any way to remove confirmation page which shown after thanks. For phhpBB3.3.0.
Thanks in advance.

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

tengildet wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:27 am
Hi,
Is there any way to remove confirmation page which shown after thanks. For phhpBB3.3.0.
Thanks in advance.
ACP --> Extensions -> Thanks for posts :: Thanks configuration --> Information ---- Change this option to "No".

tengildet

Post by tengildet »

Naguissa wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:58 am
tengildet wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:27 am
Hi,
Thanks in advance.
ACP --> Extensions -> Thanks for posts :: Thanks configuration --> Information ---- Change this option to "No".
thankyou for your fast reply but in Extensions there is no "thanks configuration" there is other extensions settings but not thanks for posts.

Edit: sorry it was my bad. I installed old version. Thanks for your kind helps.

tk6904
Translator
Name: Takefumi Tenshima

Post by tk6904 »

Hi,

I've updated from ver 2.0.6 to 3.2.18 on my phpBB 3.2.9 board (PHP Version 7.1.32).

Cache cleared and stored correct place, but php output the below errors and thanks button disappeared. Any solution for this problem?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php on line 544: round() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/gfksx/ThanksForPosts/core/helper.php on line 544: round() expects parameter 2 to be integer, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4626: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3358)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4626: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3358)
Takefumi Tenshima

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

tk6904 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:26 pm
Hi,

I've updated from ver 2.0.6 to 3.2.18 on my phpBB 3.2.9 board (PHP Version 7.1.32).

Cache cleared and stored correct place, but php output the below errors and thanks button disappeared. Any solution for this problem?

Try setting this ACP option: ACP --> Extensions --> Thanks for posts / Valoration options (last of four Thanks for posts settings) --> Decimal numbers :::: Set it 0 or any desired value (1 or 2 are also good options).

If it doesn't solve the issue may be a php 7.x type constraints; I can fix it in a new release.

skybound

Post by skybound »

Thank you for a great mod. Been using it live for a while now with no hassles. Busy updating to latest version.

Referring to this post viewtopic.php?p=14996171#p14996171, are these instructions for the text change from 'Thanks' to 'Like', still current and valid?

Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

skybound wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:01 pm
Thank you for a great mod. Been using it live for a while now with no hassles. Busy updating to latest version.

Referring to this post viewtopic.php?p=14996171#p14996171, are these instructions for the text change from 'Thanks' to 'Like', still current and valid?
Hello,

Yes, it is.

I have an old version here, https://www.foroelectro.net/thanks-for- ... -t217.html

I'll check and update it in few hours

Cheers

Return to “Extensions in Development”