[3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
newmaney
Name: Carl

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Thanks for posts (and optional Tapatalk integration)

Post by newmaney »

This extension is great and seems to encourage my forum members to engage with each other more for a Like.

I do have a copy of questions, both are cosmetic, and the first of which is probably easier than the second.

Below is a screencap from the demo. I would like the message separated from the post with ..... (dots) above and below as per the demo. How can I achieve that ?

Dotted lines.JPG

Secondly, just wondering whether it is possible to add the Like icon at the beginning of the thank you/like message ? It would just be static - non clickable. My forum has members from different countries, and I think they would relate better to seeing the Like icon, as well as the message which may not be in the native language.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
Naguissa
Name: Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

newmaney wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:26 am
This extension is great and seems to encourage my forum members to engage with each other more for a Like.

I do have a copy of questions, both are cosmetic, and the first of which is probably easier than the second.

Below is a screencap from the demo. I would like the message separated from the post with ..... (dots) above and below as per the demo. How can I achieve that ?

Dotted lines.JPG

Secondly, just wondering whether it is possible to add the Like icon at the beginning of the thank you/like message ? It would just be static - non clickable. My forum has members from different countries, and I think they would relate better to seeing the Like icon, as well as the message which may not be in the native language.

You can do it modifying the styles. You can edit them directly or I always use Advertisement Manager extension to do so. You can add a new "advertisement" at page bottom and add this code:

Note: Change the color from #ff0000 (red) to suit your needs!

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
.postbody .notice { border-top: 1px dashed #ff0000; }
.postbody .notice dt::before { content:"\f087"; font-family: FontAwesome; font-size: 130%; margin: 0 1em; }
</style>

Advertisement Manager extension can be found here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/ads/
newmaney

Post by newmaney »

Naguissa wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:48 am
newmaney wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:26 am

Dotted lines.JPG

You can do it modifying the styles. You can edit them directly or I always use Advertisement Manager extension to do so. You can add a new "advertisement" at page bottom and add this code:

Note: Change the color from #ff0000 (red) to suit your needs!

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
.postbody .notice { border-top: 1px dashed #ff0000; }
.postbody .notice dt::before { content:"\f087"; font-family: FontAwesome; font-size: 130%; margin: 0 1em; }
</style>

Advertisement Manager extension can be found here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/ads/
Many thanks for your help Naguissa.

I used the Advertisement Manager extension to implement which was perfect for the separation by the dots in the post, but I now see that the code is showing in the ad space at the bottom of the page - I will look at that in the morning, and hopefully it is a simple fix.
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

newmaney wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:31 pm

I used the Advertisement Manager extension to implement which was perfect for the separation by the dots in the post, but I now see that the code is showing in the ad space at the bottom of the page - I will look at that in the morning, and hopefully it is a simple fix.
I see a new location that could fit perfectly: it's at the end of placements (Advertisement Manager extension) and it's called "scripts" in "others" section. Ypu can try it...
newmaney

Post by newmaney »

Naguissa wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:49 pm
newmaney wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:31 pm

I see a new location that could fit perfectly: it's at the end of placements (Advertisement Manager extension) and it's called "scripts" in "others" section. Ypu can try it...
Naguissa you are a star !! Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Liam Davis

Post by Liam Davis »

Any progress on the ajax code please ?
Naguissa

Post by Naguissa »

Liam Davis wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:31 am
Any progress on the ajax code please ?
Still not....

Return to “Extensions in Development”