[CDB] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Locked
JGarth
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Ads Below Navbar

Post by JGarth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Is there a way to have the ad placed below the Navbar only show on the board index page and not on all the other forum and sub pages?

Senky
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations
Posts: 1330
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: Slovakia
Name: Jakub

Re: Ads Below Navbar

Post by Senky » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:03 pm

JGarth wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:39 pm
Is there a way to have the ad placed below the Navbar only show on the board index page and not on all the other forum and sub pages?
No, currently not. But this idea is very interesting. I have added it to Public requests on Trello. We will consider implementing this feature.

janus_zonstraal
Registered User
Posts: 1656
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by janus_zonstraal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:58 pm

I'm trying to show the adds only to "guest" and "New Registered users" but the only show up for guest.
Is that a know problem?
Last edited by janus_zonstraal on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by 3hd » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Hello Guys,
I dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(

can some one teach me how to. a newbie way pls

User avatar
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Posts: 7012
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 am
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn
Contact:

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by JimA » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm

3hd wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm
I dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(
Hi, welcome to phpBB! :)

I understand this can be a bit confusing at the start. It all depends on the folder structure that you've uploaded the extension in. The extension files (like composer.json) are supposed to all be uploaded to the folder /ext/phpbb/ads. No other folders in between. If that doesn't help, please show us a screenshot.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

User avatar
SiteSplat
Registered User
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:17 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by SiteSplat » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:00 pm

3hd wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm
Hello Guys,
I dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(

can some one teach me how to. a newbie way pls


Hi 3hd, check out the following, should help you wrap your head around the extensions system.
Official Documentation: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/
How to Install:
  1. Download and unzip the current release.
  2. Copy the unzipped folder to the ext directory in the root of your forum. Note, if a phpbb directory already exists in your ext directory, do not overwrite it; just copy the extension-name folder to ext/vendor/extension.
  3. Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  4. Look for extension-name under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its Enable link.
How to Update:
  • Download and unzip the current release.
  • Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  • Look for extension-name under the Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • Delete the old extension directory at ext/vendor/extension from your server.
  • Upload the new extension directory to ext/vendor/extension on your server.
  • Back in the ACP, click the Enable link.

How to Uninstall:
  • Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  • Look for extension-name under the Enabled Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • To permanently uninstall, click Delete Data and then delete the extension directory from your server.

User avatar
donsenilo
Registered User
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:23 pm
Name: Markus
Contact:

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by donsenilo » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Ad snippet analysis (such as "untrusted connection when board runs on HTTPS but ad will load HTTP JS)
This is the only thing I'm waiting for to use this ext. I hope ...

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by 3hd » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:05 pm

JimA wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm
3hd wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm
I dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(
Hi, welcome to phpBB! :)

I understand this can be a bit confusing at the start. It all depends on the folder structure that you've uploaded the extension in. The extension files (like composer.json) are supposed to all be uploaded to the folder /ext/phpbb/ads. No other folders in between. If that doesn't help, please show us a screenshot.
Thank you. it worked. after downloading from Github and extracting, the folder is ad-management. location was also important as i didnt know that was where was suppose to go. thanks. you saved my $100 from ordering from fiverr

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by 3hd » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm

SiteSplat wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:00 pm
3hd wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:55 pm
Hello Guys,
I dont know what am doing wrong. i am not able to install this extension on the version 3.2.1 :( :( :(

can some one teach me how to. a newbie way pls


Hi 3hd, check out the following, should help you wrap your head around the extensions system.
Official Documentation: https://www.phpbb.com/extensions/installing/
How to Install:
  1. Download and unzip the current release.
  2. Copy the unzipped folder to the ext directory in the root of your forum. Note, if a phpbb directory already exists in your ext directory, do not overwrite it; just copy the extension-name folder to ext/vendor/extension.
  3. Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  4. Look for extension-name under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its Enable link.
How to Update:
  • Download and unzip the current release.
  • Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  • Look for extension-name under the Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • Delete the old extension directory at ext/vendor/extension from your server.
  • Upload the new extension directory to ext/vendor/extension on your server.
  • Back in the ACP, click the Enable link.

How to Uninstall:
  • Navigate in the ACP to Customise -> Manage extensions.
  • Look for extension-name under the Enabled Extensions list, and click its Disable link.
  • To permanently uninstall, click Delete Data and then delete the extension directory from your server.
Thank you. Appreciated

3hd
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by 3hd » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:31 pm

How do i make the ads responsive. am using responsive theme and on mobile its mess it up.

i want it to be smaller on mobile and fit the mobile screen perfectly and same size.
newbie will be appreciated
thank you

User avatar
nl1sms
Registered User
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 4:24 pm
Location: Holland

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by nl1sms » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Great extension!!!

I have the same problem as others.... on a mobile Phone the left side of the banners don't show. Can i easily fix this myself or will there be a solution in a next release ?

On a tablet it shows fine.

User avatar
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 3676
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Location: Spain
Name: Raul Arroyo
Contact:

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Extension released, you can use the support section here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ds/support

Best regards.
If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
phpBB International Support Team (Spanish - Español) :flag_es: Online Since 2003
🎨phpBB Professional Premium Themes🔥
Author Translations (Spanish - Spain) :two_hearts:

:warning: I don't support those without the copyright Spanish translation. :warning:

User avatar
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 67109
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:44 am
Location: Oxford, UK
Contact:

Re: [RC] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by KevC » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:39 pm

Awesome. I can now update my 3.0 board!!
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Image
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Locked

Return to “Extensions in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darkobgd, Meis2M and 22 guests