[CDB] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
koraldon

Re: [BETA] Official Extension: Advertisement Management

Post by koraldon »

Can a start date also be added?
Thanks
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Post by _Vinny_ »

koraldon wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:10 am Can a start date also be added?
Thanks
I don't think so.

Anyway, I don't think this option is necessary. You can simply create a new ad, keep it disabled, and then enable it when you want.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

And what is the advantage of a end date?
You can simply create a new ad, keep it enabled, and then disable it when you want. :lol:
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
igorbond

Post by igorbond »

And what is the difference from this extension viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2336531
Hartenheer
Name: Willem Hartman

Post by Hartenheer »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:20 pm And what is the advantage of a end date?
You can simply create a new ad, keep it enabled, and then disable it when you want. :lol:
If they pay for a year, it be has been shown for a year
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:
regards: Willem

https://bierfijnproevers.nl/bierforum
Hartenheer

Post by Hartenheer »

igorbond wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:21 pm And what is the difference from this extension viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2336531
abandon?

koraldon

Post by koraldon »

_Vinny_ wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:06 pm
koraldon wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:10 am Can a start date also be added?
Thanks
I don't think so.

Anyway, I don't think this option is necessary. You can simply create a new ad, keep it disabled, and then enable it when you want.
Sometimes you want to time a campaign/event/etc... Much easier to prepare before hand and just schedule.
I always do that for Facebook page posts for example
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by MattF »

There are no plans for a start date at the moment.

As mentioned, if you want to start a new ad, you create it when you need it, or enable it when you need it.

An end date is useful because you may want to run an advertiser's ad for 1 year. So you would set the end date. Of course you shouldn't be expected to remember that a year later you need to disable the ad, so the end date was added for automating such things.

On the other hand, we don't know of any pressing situation where you would create an ad, but not want to enable it until some distant future date where you could forget that it needs to be started. However, as this extension develops we may find that it will be useful to implement a "period" which would encompass a start and and date range during which time an ad will be active.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

VSE wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:25 pm There are no plans for a start date at the moment.

As mentioned, if you want to start a new ad, you create it when you need it, or enable it when you need it.

An end date is useful because you may want to run an advertiser's ad for 1 year. So you would set the end date. Of course you shouldn't be expected to remember that a year later you need to disable the ad, so the end date was added for automating such things.

On the other hand, we don't know of any pressing situation where you would create an ad, but not want to enable it until some distant future date where you could forget that it needs to be started. However, as this extension develops we may find that it will be useful to implement a "period" which would encompass a start and and date range during which time an ad will be active.
You mean like when an advertiser wants to run an ad only during a specific time period? LIke only for Father's Day or only for a planned Spring/Summer sale, etc.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
espen83

Post by espen83 »

Wondering if having the option to add banners between forum categories could be implemented? On my index page i have ads below header and above footer and it would be great to have something in the middle of the page as well. Skyscraper ads on the side for pc users would be great also.

Using the beta now, no real problems to report other than not being able to add a banner when i used an ø in the title of the ad. :lol:
Hartenheer

Post by Hartenheer »

An option to turn off categories?

It's not nice to get banner from competitor under your advertisement

Senky
Former Team Member
Name: Jakub

Post by Senky »

espen83 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:40 pm Using the beta now, no real problems to report other than not being able to add a banner when i used an ø in the title of the ad. :lol:
How do you mean? Can you, please, provide us with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this? I was able to create an ad with name "ø".
‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎🔔
Browser & Mobile Notifications Extension
Now with Safari (both macOS and iOS) support!
Hartenheer

Post by Hartenheer »

Senky wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 am
espen83 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:40 pm Using the beta now, no real problems to report other than not being able to add a banner when i used an ø in the title of the ad. :lol:
How do you mean? Can you, please, provide us with step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this? I was able to create an ad with name "ø".
Just forget this question.
It's already hard to make it clear in my own language

espen83

Post by espen83 »

Senky wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 am
Nevermind i figured it out. It was me messing up by pressing the preview button instead of submit. Preview gives the following: ERR_BLOCKED_BY_XSS_AUDITOR
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

VSE wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:27 pm You can do this yourself in your ad code (when/where appropriate). I did, just added <h3>Advertisements</h3> before my Google adsense code:

The extension needs to be as neutral as possible so anyone wanting extra candy like this should really do it in their ad code, or edit or add their own templates for deeper customization needs. Also the burden isn't on phpBB or an extension if some country has an obscure legal thing, though I've not seen anything like that ever.

Remember you can put whatever HTML into your ad that you want.It doesn't even have to be an ad... You could in theory use this extension to add entirely new content to your board ;)
I think it's correct Matt! ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Return to “Extensions in Development”