[3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Miri4ever

Re: [3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Post by Miri4ever » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:19 pm

I'm searching the whole day for disable this kind of bug, but it will not gone. I disabled anything, purged cache many time, deleted youtube bbcode, uploaded all PHPBB 3.2.1 fresh and it's still at my forum. Even if your editor is totally shut down, the normal PHPBB doing the same result, even if youtube code got deleted and it should not display anymore. It's still showing. Need more time to find out want kind of strange cause this.

Since everything is turn off it but be anything inside the Database I just can't see and find for the moment. :o :o
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:20 pm

How can I change posting background and write color inside the writing field ? Need something other for my dark style.

martec

Post by martec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:39 am

Miri4ever wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:19 pm
I'm searching the whole day for disable this kind of bug, but it will not gone. I disabled anything, purged cache many time, deleted youtube bbcode, uploaded all PHPBB 3.2.1 fresh and it's still at my forum. Even if your editor is totally shut down, the normal PHPBB doing the same result, even if youtube code got deleted and it should not display anymore. It's still showing. Need more time to find out want kind of strange cause this.

Since everything is turn off it but be anything inside the Database I just can't see and find for the moment. :o :o
if you find out the reason, let me know.
Miri4ever wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:20 pm
How can I change posting background and write color inside the writing field ? Need something other for my dark style.
you probably want to do this for specific style. Currently possible to do this globally, but I do not think it is an ideal solution. I will try to create option in ACP for each style. Of course I will not compromise, because I'm not sure if I can do.

Nikola
Name: Nikola

Post by Nikola » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 am

good ext

Can you please add option to add background and more colors to match dark styles. Also this is blank: http://prntscr.com/fzje7o

Can you make it say "image" "glow" etc

thank you
"What would happen if the autism gene was eliminated from the genetic pool?

You would have a bunch of people standing around in a cave, chatting and socializing and not getting anything done."

- Dr. Temple Grandin, A Personal Look at Autism and Asperger's Syndrome.

martec

Post by martec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:37 am

Nikola wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 am
good ext

Can you please add option to add background and more colors to match dark styles. Also this is blank:
please read this post viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126&start=180#p14788221
I have plan to add this in ACP. But I can not guarantee it, because I'm not sure I'll be able to.
Nikola wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:48 am
Can you make it say "image" "glow" etc

thank you
Unfortunately you will have to put icons for custom bbcode.
Location to put icon: root/ext/rin/editor/styles/all/template/js/icons (Dimension: 16x16 px, File name: Exactly same of button name, File extension: png.)

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 am

@Nikola: Your Image Button should be shown with this style. Maybe you not uploaded correctly the image file to display. For the other icon left from FLASH you need to upload yourself a nice button or create an own Font Awesome button.

@martec: For the moment I'm using the Moono Dark skin but yes I think a lot of things missing there and even the Align Images display wrong and the color dropdown box appear in grey as in black. The writing background is white and font color is grey.

I wonder inside Quick Reply the editor got a dark blue background easy and nicht to read. Don't know whats the difference there. You don't need to develop a mulitcolor things inside ACP. For this we have a nice drop down box to choose differt styles. If you teach me a little bit how to do I'm maybe able to create one for PBWow Style Users since the development of this style continued.

I found a solution how to make extensions to add an own button with font awsome to your extension. But I'm still search for how to get a dropdown box open.

I'm still search this bug and found an incompatible extension: Post Edit Logs witch will crash when you put Emojis and mixed with text you will not anymore able to edit those post. AS long as Emojis without text or text alone it works nice. I'd need this extension and deleted it. One more with error is gone but still on the hunt why YOUTUBE between BBCodes not anymore working.

martec

Post by martec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:06 am

Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:40 am
@martec: For the moment I'm using the Moono Dark skin but yes I think a lot of things missing there and even the Align Images display wrong and the color dropdown box appear in grey as in black. The writing background is white and font color is grey.
Unfortunately I can not support skins that are not included in default. I have no control over these skins.
Miri4ever wrote:
I wonder inside Quick Reply the editor got a dark blue background easy and nicht to read. Don't know whats the difference there. You don't need to develop a mulitcolor things inside ACP. For this we have a nice drop down box to choose differt styles. If you teach me a little bit how to do I'm maybe able to create one for PBWow Style Users since the development of this style continued.
Sorry but I did not understand. What i trying made is convert text area to black to specific style of phpbb.
So if user using black style of phpbb so editor text area is black, but if user using blank style the editor text area is blank.
Miri4ever wrote:
I'm still search this bug and found an incompatible extension: Post Edit Logs witch will crash when you put Emojis and mixed with text you will not anymore able to edit those post. AS long as Emojis without text or text alone it works nice. I'd need this extension and deleted it. One more with error is gone but still on the hunt why YOUTUBE between BBCodes not anymore working.
Did you try to write "Emojis and mixed with text" without my extension? The same error happen or not? If same error happen so this does not has relation with my extension.

martec

Post by martec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:49 pm

0.2.2-beta Released

If you using 0.2.1-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.2.2-beta files.

This extension is in the beta stage, keep in mind that it is only for test propose, not use beta stage extension in live forum.

Enhancement:
- Now you can set a different skin of editor for each style of phpbb
- Now you can set black color text area or blank color text area for each style of phpbb

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 pm

I spend the afternoon creating my own style for testing from one of your main styles to getting better and better. For this I had to make the background transparent inside contents.css and changing two position inside editor_gecko.css to get it working.

But I tested your new update and say it's very confusing until I noticed everything is right inside the setting. It jumped always back to an style I did not selected and reversed my settings. But your complete permission working this way. Jumping back to the first setting inside the list.

But anyway I got it not working !! If had to overwrite contents.css with the entire contents_black.css. If not I always see a white backgrond. Seems it not load this file correctly.

The second: Yes I got a darker background but switching between source and WYSIWYG Mode bring me back on one white and one black. So this is not full working as expected.

Inside my style I made earlier I had to change to locations of #FFF to get this work.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Did you try to write "Emojis and mixed with text" without my extension? The same error happen or not? If same error happen so this does not has relation with my extension.
I can't write Emojis without your extension inside PHPBB. So yes I had to turn off and try again and the error remained. But this was caused with another extension I just deleted now. So this was not your extension. No need to worry.

But I noticed something with Emojis: For example select the purple square Zodiacs and when everything is posted I got green rounded zodiacs inside my viewtopic instead of those I selected with your editor.

martec

Post by martec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:09 pm

Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 pm
But I tested your new update and say it's very confusing until I noticed everything is right inside the setting. It jumped always back to an style I did not selected and reversed my settings. But your complete permission working this way. Jumping back to the first setting inside the list.
Alway after submit, or reopened the setting of this editor, first of list of bbcode and style is automatically selected. This is intetional and not a bug.
Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 pm
But anyway I got it not working !! If had to overwrite contents.css with the entire contents_black.css. If not I always see a white backgrond. Seems it not load this file correctly.

The second: Yes I got a darker background but switching between source and WYSIWYG Mode bring me back on one white and one black. So this is not full working as expected.
hi use fix below, i will add this fix in next version

in root/ext/rin/editor/styles/all/template/rineditor_full.html

find:

Code: Select all

{% if RCE_TXTA_BLACK %}
textarea.cke_source {
	background-color: #222222 !important;
	height: 100% !important;
	width: 100% !important;
	color: #eeeeee !important;
}
{% endif %}
replace:

{% if RCE_TXTA_BLACK %}
textarea.cke_source {
}
.cke_wysiwyg_frame {
}
{% endif %}
in root/ext/rin/editor/styles/all/template/rineditor_quick.html

find:

{% if RCE_TXTA_BLACK %}
<style type="text/css">
textarea.cke_source {
}
</style>
{% endif %}
replace:

{% if RCE_TXTA_BLACK %}
<style type="text/css">
textarea.cke_source {
}
.cke_wysiwyg_frame {
}
</style>
{% endif %}
Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm
I can't write Emojis without your extension inside PHPBB. So yes I had to turn off and try again and the error remained. But this was caused with another extension I just deleted now. So this was not your extension. No need to worry.
you can copy from another place, or use android to write emojis.
Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 pm
But I noticed something with Emojis: For example select the purple square Zodiacs and when everything is posted I got green rounded zodiacs inside my viewtopic instead of those I selected with your editor.
Difference is normal because source of emoji that plugin of emoji http://ckeditor.com/addon/emojione uses is not the same of phpbb uses.

DWFII
Name: D.W.

Post by DWFII » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:21 pm

I like the "insert special character" feature.

May I ask if this is bb code or is it something that is unique to your extension?
DWFII
In the High Desert of Central Oregon

martec

Post by martec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:25 pm

DWFII wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:21 pm
I like the "insert special character" feature.

May I ask if this is bb code or is it something that is unique to your extension?
Thank you for using my extension.
About "insert special character" this is ckeditor default feature.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:52 pm

I still got this not working with the fixes. It's nothing changed. With orginal contents.css just white / white if I replace it with all from contents_black.css I'm white / black at switch.

Purged cache more times switched browsers nothing helps. As long as these lines inside the editor:

/* Remove the background color to make it transparent */
	background-color: #222222; 
This is really confusing. :roll: :roll:

martec

Post by martec » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:52 pm
I still got this not working with the fixes. It's nothing changed. With orginal contents.css just white / white if I replace it with all from contents_black.css I'm white / black at switch.
To take effect disable the extension after changes, and enable again.

Return to “Extensions in Development”