[3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Miri4ever

Re: [3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Post by Miri4ever » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:14 pm

You saved my day. This little fix did finally the trick with all styles and all editors. :D :D :D :mrgreen:
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

martec

Post by martec » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:28 pm

Miri4ever wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:14 pm
You saved my day. This little fix did finally the trick with all styles and all editors. :D :D :D :mrgreen:
sorry for my mistake in the code.
and thanks for to confirm that fix work. ;)

brunoais
QA Team

Post by brunoais » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:50 pm

martec wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:35 am
brunoais wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am
Matec. Even though Rin editor is heavy (makes me question a bit). I'm pondering on having it on phpBB.
Are you able to work with me around August (I'll manage to get some time) to see how well it can fit to be the default editor for phpBB?
Honestly putting this on core is not something recommendable.
First about custom bbcode that not possible render.
Secound is about block element, this editor only work correctly if after block element skip one '\n', but default of phpBB is skip one '\n' before block element and two '\n' after block element. Because of this i added this https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor_fo ... r.php#L103, https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor_fo ... r.php#L108 and https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor_fo ... r.php#L109. And personally this is not something very smart to do.
Third several modifications to the core files of the ckeditor, making painful updating process.

Putting that on the core will give huge headache in the future.
I honestly do not want to take responsibility for future problems.
So if you want to use I can provide the source of the modifications of ckeditor, but unfortunately I have no interest in helping in the process of adding in the core of phpbb.

Thank you for the offer and sorry for not being able to help.
Got it. I'll continue with SCE or any better alternative I encounter.

martec

Post by martec » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:27 am

0.2.4-beta Released

If you using 0.2.1-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.2.4-beta files.

This extension is in the beta stage, keep in mind that it is only for test propose, not use beta stage extension in live forum.

Bug Fix:
- Fixed issue with black color text area feature (reported here viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126&start=195#p14791336)

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:35 am

Any new news about this one ? Are you working on new features or what is planned next ?

martec

Post by martec » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:07 am

Miri4ever wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:35 am
Any new news about this one ? Are you working on new features or what is planned next ?
No new news and nothing in planning.
I'm just waiting for comments from more users.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Ok some little things I still notice from time to time:

The HR Code produce a nice line inside the WYSIWYG Mode inside Editor but after submit the post it's not shown as line inside PHPBB.

Also the permissions:

For example I'm founder and Admin and have granted access to the BBCode for Admins. Now my second ADMIN is also ADMIN and founder but inside the Support Group. The Support Group is his main group but he has still all Admin rights from PHPBB side. Your Editor seems now only checking the main group and telling me he has no rights. It does not notice that he is founder and also inside Admin Group. So the permissions System tells he has no right. It does not notice that this other group is only for cosmetic display but with full rights.

Mohammed AlSarsawi

Post by Mohammed AlSarsawi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Miri4ever wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:43 pm
The HR Code produce a nice line inside the WYSIWYG Mode inside Editor but after submit the post it's not shown as line inside PHPBB.

you need to adjust the hr color inside colours.css

martec

Post by martec » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:58 am

Miri4ever wrote:
Ok some little things I still notice from time to time:

I can not reproduce the problem in my test forum.
If you using black style, you can do what Mohammed AlSarsawi said: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126&start=210#p14798401
Miri4ever wrote:
Also the permissions:

For example I'm founder and Admin and have granted access to the BBCode for Admins. Now my second ADMIN is also ADMIN and founder but inside the Support Group. The Support Group is his main group but he has still all Admin rights from PHPBB side. Your Editor seems now only checking the main group and telling me he has no rights. It does not notice that he is founder and also inside Admin Group. So the permissions System tells he has no right. It does not notice that this other group is only for cosmetic display but with full rights.
Yes, extension only checks main group.
Yes possible. But I can not do this by not having the permission for it. https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/178866

the function load_memberships() https://github.com/VSEphpbb/abbc3/blob/ ... y.php#L153 and the function user_in_bbcode_group($group_ids = '') https://github.com/VSEphpbb/abbc3/blob/ ... y.php#L112 will be identical. This can lead to legal problems.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm

I read a little bit inside this links you provided and as I see from my side he said you can use the parts for writing your own things you need. Also this is on github for free and anyone could use. It's a free software and as long as copyrights from PHPBB are provided all should be save.

If it would for sale it would be at an protected github access.

I found some things I wanted to ask:

At the other style the dropdown box has some little bugs with the white border and the too small SIZE dropdown box. At the other style everything is looking fine and the box is bigger. There must be something inside that could be used for the other style aswell.

Second I noticed this one here

Writing inside WYSIWYG Mode and then select CODE oder QUOTE Box. You can write inside the box but there is no way to jump out of this box. The mouse just stay inside whatever you click. Hitting the Button from the red line is the only way to get out of this box. Is this a bug or feature ?

At the old editor was inside ACP explained where to upload the image buttons:

It keep me a while searching inside the topic to find this info as the uploads inside the styles / skins folders not worked. May this text should be provided back that nobody needs to ask anytime where to upload those images.

One Question: Inside the color dropdown box there is a Grey Square with Automatic text inside. But this can't be clicked or change with another color to use. Does it only show the writing color, but have no other function to work ?

martec

Post by martec » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:09 pm
I read a little bit inside this links you provided and as I see from my side he said you can use the parts for writing your own things you need. Also this is on github for free and anyone could use. It's a free software and as long as copyrights from PHPBB are provided all should be save.

If it would for sale it would be at an protected github access.
i know that, but I do not want to have problems with developer of abbc3. Who will be responsible for the consequence will be me.
I will only use it if the abbc3 developer authorizes the use, if not unfortunately I will not do it.
I hope you understand.
Miri4ever wrote:
I found some things I wanted to ask:

At the other style the dropdown box has some little bugs with the white border and the too small SIZE dropdown box. At the other style everything is looking fine and the box is bigger. There must be something inside that could be used for the other style aswell.
sorry but I'm not a ckeditor skin developer.
And the customization part is not my strong point.
So unfortunately you will have to customize skin yourself.
Miri4ever wrote:
Second I noticed this one here

Writing inside WYSIWYG Mode and then select CODE oder QUOTE Box. You can write inside the box but there is no way to jump out of this box. The mouse just stay inside whatever you click. Hitting the Button from the red line is the only way to get out of this box. Is this a bug or feature ?
Exactly what the "magicline" serves. https://ckeditor.com/addon/magicline
Miri4ever wrote:
At the old editor was inside ACP explained where to upload the image buttons:

It keep me a while searching inside the topic to find this info as the uploads inside the styles / skins folders not worked. May this text should be provided back that nobody needs to ask anytime where to upload those images.
I honestly do not know where to enter this information.
Since this option no longer exists in the extension configuration.
Anyway, I'll think about it.
Miri4ever wrote:
One Question: Inside the color dropdown box there is a Grey Square with Automatic text inside. But this can't be clicked or change with another color to use. Does it only show the writing color, but have no other function to work ?
In WYSIWYG mode, if you select text and click on Automatic text, you can remove the color.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm

Like this for example. A quick and dirty fix for all important things people need to know using it. Just put it under your acp module.

Yes I know you not developing other styles but you gave us this two support for PHPBB and inside every updates fixes are made inside at Github. So I thought yours working at those things to keep it working for PHPBB.

There is the day coming PHPBB 3.3 or PHPBB 4.0 and people still wanted support for updates coming along. So I was thinking the would be support that way.

That means I could use any style from RIN Developer site working the same way with settings file from editor if you nothing changed inside ?

martec

Post by martec » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Like this for example. A quick and dirty fix for all important things people need to know using it. Just put it under your acp module.

It's ok. In the next version, I'll do something similar.
Miri4ever wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm
Yes I know you not developing other styles but you gave us this two support for PHPBB and inside every updates fixes are made inside at Github. So I thought yours working at those things to keep it working for PHPBB.
I'm sorry but I did not understand what you mean.
What i saying that i am not developer of CKEdior Skins https://ckeditor.com/addons/skins/all.
So about of "white border and the too small SIZE dropdown box" you need customize by yourself, or contact the skin develop directly. And about small SIZE dropdown box this happen because the developer of skin did for english language. This is complicated even for skin developer to solve. Each language has different size. So if made fix for your language, will be too large for English language. I think you should conform to it or modify the skin with your need.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Ok I was playing a little bit with the editor and first had problems with the big long lines to splitt them into smaller for making it compatible to search.

Finally I found out at mono-lisa and so it was just a matter of time to see inside moonocolor.

First off mono-lisa is coded a differ way and there is no size for the dropdown it makes this for here own with the size needed. At monocolor it's different with a fixed size and the even added this bad border arround. A good developer writing files this way that it work anytime in any language. I think it may worked with the new but I keep back to tell you more later this day. First I need some. Will test differ languages and if autoresize work and if the code could be done inside the other. Should work it's everything controlled with CSS.

Good news is you don't have to search I can provide you the infos needed I just changed today for Opera / Mozilla Editor.

Also now know how to change the colorpicker colors and the rows to display and how to remove this automatic text from this. I still need more to understand you config file, because it works a way differ to enable plugins and features as written at CKE Editor site.

Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:03 am

I was playing a little bit with the editor and found more things what it makes more incredible what we just see and not mention here yet. Good news for all users but maybe bad news for the programmer here with lots of new ideas. But first I need some support and testing of the people here:

All changes made inside rineditor_config.html most are really easy to test by yourself. Search for skin: rinskin, and best adding the following parts just under them as new lines for testing:

Code: Select all

colorButton_colors: '1ABC9C,2ECC71,3498DB,9B59B6,4E5F70,F1C40F,' +
	'16A085,27AE60,2980B9,8E44AD,2C3E50,F39C12,' +
	'E67E22,E74C3C,ECF0F1,95A5A6,DDD,FFF,' +
	'D35400,C0392B,BDC3C7,7F8C8D,999,000',
This are yours color buttons and colors. If you want to change colors or wanted to having more or less this should be edited.

colorButton_colorsPerRow: '6',
colorButton_enableMore: false,
colorButton_enableAutomatic: false,
Here you can select how many colors you wanted to have in one line. If the more colors buttons should be displayed and if you wanted to see the automatic color button. Just change with true or false. Don't know if there should be an setting to switch but I think this could anyone decide by his own to use.

resize_enabled: true,
with this you can enable / disable this little resize triangle at the right bottom side.

// Using a color code.
uiColor: '00ff00',
This one is very powerfull. You can change the color of your editor to whatever you want. I tested with 4 differ styles and all working fine. On moono-lisa it works best, but this results it's an 2017 style. Think about your complete editor could have any color you want and if you switch theme of your board you can switch color too. This is awesome. All we need is and option to put this colors inside ACP and not to change inside the editor all time itself. Here I need help from everyone what you thinking about this.

toolbarLocation : 'top',
This can move your editor to top or bottom of the writing page. At bottom some warnings from the editor don't work anymore right. So you had to turn the warnings off.

width: '100%', 
width: '850', 
with this you can define how wide your editor should be. It may conflict with another plugin later but I will tell then.

removeButtons: 'Underline,JustifyCenter',
this removes for example some buttons if you don't need all

smiley_columns: '8',
This is interesting you can decide how many smilies you wanted to be display inside a row. Good for us PHPBB Users.

toolbarCanCollapse: 'true',
With this code you can add a collapse button to the editor and most buttons will disappear. I think in times everyone wanted those things it should be inside the editor here as standart and it's really easy to add. It may conflict with BBCode Plugin when you use this. Need more tests to be done.

I got some more functions but not all working for me right now so I do not mention here for the moment.

I wanted to some you some plugins I installed successfully and tested and need your comments about those and want you think. They might conflict with 1 settings I wrote above here.

https://ckeditor.com/addon/fixed

This one could be added easy and upload the files to the plugins directory:

extraPlugins: 'fixed',
This keeps your rineditor always in place. It can't move anymore out of the screen when writing long texts. I will remain at the top if anything get to long. So you have anytime access to your editor tools.

But you can't use witdh settings it could make some trouble and it did not work with BBCode plugin.

https://ckeditor.com/addon/bbcode

This one could be added easy and upload the files to the plugins directory:

extraPlugins: 'bbcode',
First off what I have to say it did not work with fixed plugin and the collapse bar seems also not working. I don't see anything changed with writing and editing. Ok it did not display custom BBCode yet. But who knows what is planned with this. Maybe with this tool all BBCodes should be able to be seen inside the editor at the future ? Well I don't know and need help from developers and the programmer here. Also from all of you readers.

What did you think ? Is this the possible key for getting problems solved with a lot of things ? I will today doing more test. Just discuss here and what of those feature should come inside the editor by default and what kind of settings should need ACP input buttons like for example the Color for the Editor UI.

Please give feedback and testing that martec could do the best for us all. Thanks

Return to “Extensions in Development”