[ABD] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
martec

Re: [3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Post by martec »

@Miri4ever

Thanks for your effort.
But I have no intention of adding customization elements.
Each customization element that is added that differs from the default makes it difficult for me to maintain the extension.
I do not gain anything from this, I can not support customization simply because I have my life. I prefer to focus my support on bug issues.
I know that I will not be able to fulfill all the requests if I come to support customization and aesthetics and this is not a priority for me.
And I do not know any forum system that capable of this (question of customization and aesthetics).
Regardless if it is free or paid system.
Each one can study these customization issues and adjust their needs as you are already doing.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Thats why did not searched for style components. They are all components. Just a few lines to add with comments inside your config file, thats the user know how to do. They could easier change parts inside as if they don't know how things added and working.

The dropdown box is a think a nice feature for tablet and handy users and only one piece of line. The only nice things would be the color that could be entered inside ACP for complete Editor UI. All styles working with those as far as I tested and one time done there is no more work to be done, because they are inside the core and all new developed styles will work with it.

I may create my own some time if I know I could submit to Github for being added. But need some time to do. We all work when we have time for familiy goes first. This is no problem. This Editor is still in BETA and a lot of things coming and maybe change inside the future. A lot of MODs here are in BETA since many years and never complete. We work all if we got time for.

The more time is needed for members how to do things and how to change with writing. Sure they will ask you, because you develop this for us. As more easy users having setup things by their own inside alone, the more you have for your familiy. I might took a week to add a new feature but then it's done and working for all and anytime.

Would be a bad project if it just stopped in BETA and never got finished and having no time for supoort. I think everyone is lucky and maybe yourself too. You didn't bring this baby to life if your not lucky with it. Sometimes little things must be adjusted sure. But all if we got time. The Styles working fine as I see and there is no big work to be done. I think i found the places that needed changed and would be lucky if those got added if I all done with them and more testing. I might also need to do an Translation for it when most things added that's the next task.

We got all some work to do. Most things must just be added from yours to github being up to date.

And we see what people can do with this info and people often what crazy things, but those here are easy with some lines to put inside.

And I also believe everyone wanted to see this editor working like the preview button inside PHPBB. I don't know what this phpbb plugin can do to and how it works. It just too easy but maybe if someday this extension got finished we see how things develop until this time.

So you don't have to be worried about the styles.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:42 am Thats why did not searched for style components. They are all components. Just a few lines to add with comments inside your config file, thats the user know how to do. They could easier change parts inside as if they don't know how things added and working.

The dropdown box is a think a nice feature for tablet and handy users and only one piece of line. The only nice things would be the color that could be entered inside ACP for complete Editor UI. All styles working with those as far as I tested and one time done there is no more work to be done, because they are inside the core and all new developed styles will work with it.

I may create my own some time if I know I could submit to Github for being added. But need some time to do. We all work when we have time for familiy goes first. This is no problem. This Editor is still in BETA and a lot of things coming and maybe change inside the future. A lot of MODs here are in BETA since many years and never complete. We work all if we got time for.

The more time is needed for members how to do things and how to change with writing. Sure they will ask you, because you develop this for us. As more easy users having setup things by their own inside alone, the more you have for your familiy. I might took a week to add a new feature but then it's done and working for all and anytime.

Would be a bad project if it just stopped in BETA and never got finished and having no time for supoort. I think everyone is lucky and maybe yourself too. You didn't bring this baby to life if your not lucky with it. Sometimes little things must be adjusted sure. But all if we got time. The Styles working fine as I see and there is no big work to be done. I think i found the places that needed changed and would be lucky if those got added if I all done with them and more testing. I might also need to do an Translation for it when most things added that's the next task.

We got all some work to do. Most things must just be added from yours to github being up to date.

And we see what people can do with this info and people often what crazy things, but those here are easy with some lines to put inside.

And I also believe everyone wanted to see this editor working like the preview button inside PHPBB. I don't know what this phpbb plugin can do to and how it works. It just too easy but maybe if someday this extension got finished we see how things develop until this time.

So you don't have to be worried about the styles.
My policy regarding preferences or customization each one has to turn around.
Personally this does not have any kind of priority.

What you have to understand is that each one has their preferences. And for many the default setting is sufficient.
Even if more people come to ask something like that the answer will always be the same.
Sorry for being arrogant, but it will always be that way about customization.
The policy will always be this way both here and in mybb. https://community.mybb.com/thread-189422.html

Of cource, if you want create example file (not core file) of configuration with useful settings and comments maybe i can accept. Unfortunately I can not accept it as core file because this can lead to loss of performance.
martec

Post by martec »

0.2.5-beta Released

If you using 0.2.1-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.2.5-beta files.

This extension is in the beta stage, keep in mind that it is only for test propose, not use beta stage extension in live forum.

Enhancement:
- Added autocomplete drop-down for emojis. (This feature require Simple mentions Extension https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _mentions/ and "Active support for Simple mentions extension" option enabled in settings of extension)

Chrono
Name: Alfonso Camacho

Post by Chrono »

martec wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:30 pm 0.2.5-beta Released

If you using 0.2.1-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.2.5-beta files.

This extension is in the beta stage, keep in mind that it is only for test propose, not use beta stage extension in live forum.

Enhancement:
- Added autocomplete drop-down for emojis. (This feature require Simple mentions Extension https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _mentions/ and "Active support for Simple mentions extension" option enabled in settings of extension)

OMFG!!! thats ASOM!!! :D!!! thats help a lot to the users... THX A LOT!!
www.degeneracionx.com - Anime, Games & Nothing Else.
Anime and Games Hispanic Community (Spanish only)
Sorry for my poor english
martec

Post by martec »

Chrono wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:02 pm OMFG!!! thats ASOM!!! :D!!! thats help a lot to the users... THX A LOT!!
thanks for feedback. :thumbsup:
Chrono

Post by Chrono »

Hey martec... i think i missed or dont see the post... but the editor its compatible with the Media embed?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/

I think im gonna tryit very soon :P

Keep the awesome work

Cheers!
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Can can't see inside a preview but yes it creates the MEDIA Button inside the special buttons field. All you need is to enable custom bbcodes buttons inside RIN Editor and this button should appear by his own.

Only this one did not work and break your YOUTUBE Code:

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431

But this one you mention is fine. I use myself.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
Chrono

Post by Chrono »

Miri4ever wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:54 pm Can can't see inside a preview but yes it creates the MEDIA Button inside the special buttons field. All you need is to enable custom bbcodes buttons inside RIN Editor and this button should appear by his own.

Only this one did not work and break your YOUTUBE Code:

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2272431

But this one you mention is fine. I use myself.
Thx for the reply... Indeed i have some probrems with that, so i have to use the official from the DB, works like a charm :)

Cheers!
martec

Post by martec »

Chrono wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm Hey martec... i think i missed or dont see the post... but the editor its compatible with the Media embed?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/

I think im gonna tryit very soon :P

Keep the awesome work

Cheers!
viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126&start=225#p14800426

The option you need to enable in setting is as below

But button not will appear in ACP, Quick Reply and Quick Edit.
Chrono

Post by Chrono »

I have decided to use the editor, and in the options, when i select the skin for the editor, this will not change in the forum, still the Monocolor skin.

EDIT-------------------------------

Also... the code tag no works very well in the preview

When i add [ code ][ b ]Bold Text[ /b ][ /code ], then i click preview, the output in the editor box is a Bold text inside of the code box :/

In the post works fine, but i think is somehow confusing for the user to see the bbcode output in the code tag :P

Cheers!
martec

Post by martec »

Chrono wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:59 pm I have decided to use the editor, and in the options, when i select the skin for the editor, this will not change in the forum, still the Monocolor skin.
please check follow settings:

1 - need set skin for each style of forum
2 - check cache setting of extension settings

Chrono wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:59 pm Also... the code tag no works very well in the preview

When i add [ code ][ b ]Bold Text[ /b ][ /code ], then i click preview, the output in the editor box is a Bold text inside of the code box :/

In the post works fine, but i think is somehow confusing for the user to see the bbcode output in the code tag :P

Cheers!
I've tried to improve in the past, but I did not succeed.
I'll try again, but I can not guarantee anything unfortunately.
hubaishan
Translator
Name: Saeed Hubaishan

Post by hubaishan »

Thank you for this great extension.

There is a bug in PostgreSQL installation:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ postgres ]

ERROR: column "phpbb_smilies.code" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function LINE 1: SELECT smiley_url, code, display_on_posting, emotion ^ []

SQL

SELECT smiley_url, code, display_on_posting, emotion FROM phpbb_smilies GROUP BY smiley_url
martec

Post by martec »

0.2.6-beta Released

If you using 0.2.1-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.2.6-beta files.

Bug Fix:
- Fixed issue with SQL (reported here https://github.com/martec/Rin-Editor_fo ... /issues/15 and here viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2427126&start=225#p14809041)

-------------------
hubaishan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 am Thank you for this great extension.

There is a bug in PostgreSQL installation:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ postgres ]

ERROR: column "phpbb_smilies.code" must appear in the GROUP BY clause or be used in an aggregate function LINE 1: SELECT smiley_url, code, display_on_posting, emotion ^ []

SQL

SELECT smiley_url, code, display_on_posting, emotion FROM phpbb_smilies GROUP BY smiley_url
Hi,

sorry for inconvenience and thank you for bug report.
Please upgrade to 0.2.6-beta which contains the correction. Thank you.
hubaishan
Translator
Name: Saeed Hubaishan

Post by hubaishan »

paste formatted text from Word produced not parsed "font" bbcode like:
[font="Times New Roman", "serif"]
removing double quotes from font names will fix this bug

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”