[ABD] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
martec

Re: [3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (Powerd by CKEditor)

Post by martec »

And as it seems that @JoshyPHP does not take this issue of spacing seriously, I also decided not to stress about it. https://github.com/mybb/mybb2/issues/19 ... -315266554

This is not my extension problem, so true that this kind of problem does not occur with the mybb parser.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

martec wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm This is out of my control.
There is a chance you can use the PHP event
core.posting_modify_template_vars
and modify the message (with a preg_replace) for your case, prior to send it to the message parser, I use it succesfully.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
martec

Post by martec »

3Di wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:10 pm
martec wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm This is out of my control.
There is a chance you can use the PHP event
core.posting_modify_template_vars
and modify the message (with a preg_replace) for your case, prior to send it to the message parser, I use it succesfully.
Sorry but that does not work. One block element, three '\n' and another block element? And another is one block element two '\n' and inline element.

and custom tag of block element?
What would be regex of this?

i will not stress with this. Correct is to has global option to change the number of lines that will be ignored before and after blocks elements in parser of phpBB.
JoshyPHP
Code Contributor

Post by JoshyPHP »

martec wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:07 pm And as it seems that @JoshyPHP does not take this issue of spacing seriously
You asked multiple questions about it and I patiently answered them. Now you're posting in multiple topics whining that skipping 0 newlines doesn't work for you, and skipping 1 to 2 newlines doesn't work for you and if it's not exactly 1 then you'll take your toys and go home. You went to MyBB's GitHub to complain about it too? In what world does that make sense?

Sorry but this isn't Goldilocks and the Three Newlines. You can have 0 or you can have 1 to 2. If you can't work with that then it's on you.

You are a toxic user and I will now mute your account so that I don't have to read any more of this nonsense.
I wrote the library that handles markup in phpBB 3.2+.
martec

Post by martec »

I will not respond, either.

Whoever has a problem with this (space issue), do not complain to me, because I can not do anything about it.
This is out of my control.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

I don*t know what you changed but it worked well with 0.1.6. It could be many of the bugs inside PHPBB but all I know it worked before better and so some changes done from your code. And now it's impossible to do one empty line. It makes now none or at least 2. Thats the funny part of this story. :?

Ok I just notice everytime you switch between Source Code Mode and WYSIWYG Mode one empty line is removed from the editor as long until no empty line is something. Something of the new code remove one of those lines between every cycle.

I uploaded all files from 0.1.8 but the ckeditor.js from 0.1.6 and everything seems working well again. So this error can't come from PHPBB itself with deleting all lines.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:00 pm I don*t know what you changed but it worked well with 0.1.6. It could be many of the bugs inside PHPBB but all I know it worked before better and so some changes done from your code. And now it's impossible to do one empty line. It makes now none or at least 2. Thats the funny part of this story. :?

Ok I just notice everytime you switch between Source Code Mode and WYSIWYG Mode one empty line is removed from the editor as long until no empty line is something. Something of the new code remove one of those lines between every cycle.

I uploaded all files from 0.1.8 but the ckeditor.js from 0.1.6 and everything seems working well again. So this error can't come from PHPBB itself with deleting all lines.
As I said earlier I can not do anything about this issue. Please do not insist on it.
0.1.6 too has issue with space, not same but has issue with space. If for you 0.1.6 is better then you can continue using 0.1.6.
martec

Post by martec »

0.1.9-beta Released

If you using 0.1.8-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.1.9-beta files.

This extension is in the beta stage, keep in mind that it is only for test propose, not use beta stage extension in live forum.

Bug fix:
- Trying to solve the issue with spacing.

I know the solution used is terrible. That can even affect the overall performance of the forum.
I really do not wish I did that. And can still cause problem with custom tag like <span style="display:block;">.

Solution used in this release is shown below:

Code: Select all

static public function getSubscribedEvents()
	{
		$Default_Event = array(
			'core.user_setup' => 'load_language_on_setup',
			'core.display_custom_bbcodes' => 'initialize_rceditor',
			'core.viewtopic_modify_page_title' => 'initialize_rceditor',
			'core.viewtopic_post_rowset_data' => 'initialize_rcequickquote',
			'core.text_formatter_s9e_parser_setup' => 'rce_bbcode_perm',
			'core.text_formatter_s9e_configure_after' => 'rce_rmv_ignws',
			'core.text_formatter_s9e_render_after' => 'rce_parse_change',
		);

return $Default_Event;
	}

//Remove globally skip one line before and two after blocks
	public function rce_rmv_ignws($event)
	{
		$event['configurator']->rulesGenerator->remove('IgnoreWhitespaceAroundBlockElements');
	}

//Skip one line after block element. But does not contemplate tag like <span style="display:block;">
	public function rce_parse_change($event)
	{
		$patterns = array('/<\/blockquote><br>/', '/<\/div><br>/', '/<\/address><br>/', '/<\/article><br>/', '/<\/aside><br>/', '/<\/canvas><br>/', 
			'/<\/dd><br>/', '/<\/dl><br>/', '/<\/dt><br>/', '/<\/fieldset><br>/', '/<\/figcaption><br>/', '/<\/figure><br>/', '/<\/footer><br>/', 
			'/<\/form><br>/', '/<\/h1><br>/', '/<\/h2><br>/', '/<\/h3><br>/', '/<\/h4><br>/', '/<\/h5><br>/', '/<\/h6><br>/', '/<\/header><br>/', 
			'/<\/hgroup><br>/', '/<\/hr><br>/', '/<\/li><br>/', '/<\/main><br>/', '/<\/nav><br>/', '/<\/noscript><br>/', '/<\/ol><br>/', '/<\/output><br>/', 
			'/<\/p><br>/', '/<\/pre><br>/', '/<\/section><br>/', '/<\/table><br>/', '/<\/tfoot><br>/', '/<\/ul><br>/', '/<\/video><br>/');

$replacements = array('</blockquote>', '</div>', '</address>', '</article>', '</aside>', '</canvas>', 
			'</dd>', '</dl>', '</dt>', '</fieldset>', '</figcaption>', '</figure>', '</footer>', 
			'</form>', '</h1>', '</h2>', '</h3>', '</h4>', '</h5>', '</h6>', '</header>', 
			'</hgroup>', '</hr>', '</li>', '</main>', '</nav>', '</noscript>', '</ol>', '</output>', 
			'</p>', '</pre>', '</section>', '</table>', '</tfoot>', '</ul>', '</video>');

$event['html'] = preg_replace($patterns, $replacements, $event['html']);
	}
If you know a more efficient solution let me know.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Wonderfull work, the current Release is working like a charm now and I don't see some performance loss in any way about.

But unfortunatly I discovered 2 new bugs. One from this release maybe and don't know what happened with the second one if this is also result of this update ?

If 2 smilies ;) ;) follow directly after each other the spaces needed between got removed no matter how many I put inside and only the first one is display correctly. Ok I could live with this one if there is no solution arround.

The second new Error seems strange:

Du darfst bestimmte BBCodes nicht verwenden: [protect].
Du darfst bestimmte BBCodes nicht verwenden: [hide].

If I post those with ADMIN ID 2 they are working. If I use another Admin and Founder Account I got this error. No matter how the permissions set inside your editor. Even if I allow for everyone some BBCodes now seems working only to Founders with ID2 and all others blocked out. Some others customs Codes seems working and some got blocked out. That is the part I not fully understand.

If I'm testing the permissions of my other ADMIN Account with my ID2 Account also everythings work with them. But if I really log out and login with any other account the error is back.

If I submit the text without any changing it works, but as soon I only change one part this BBCode would be noticed and everything stopped.

Extension Developments:
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:32 pm Wonderfull work, the current Release is working like a charm now and I don't see some performance loss in any way about.

But unfortunatly I discovered 2 new bugs. One from this release maybe and don't know what happened with the second one if this is also result of this update ?

If 2 smilies ;) ;) follow directly after each other the spaces needed between got removed no matter how many I put inside and only the first one is display correctly. Ok I could live with this one if there is no solution arround.
thanks... i will fix in next version.
Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:32 pm The second new Error seems strange:

Du darfst bestimmte BBCodes nicht verwenden: [protect].
Du darfst bestimmte BBCodes nicht verwenden: [hide].

If I post those with ADMIN ID 2 they are working. If I use another Admin and Founder Account I got this error. No matter how the permissions set inside your editor. Even if I allow for everyone some BBCodes now seems working only to Founders with ID2 and all others blocked out. Some others customs Codes seems working and some got blocked out. That is the part I not fully understand.

If I'm testing the permissions of my other ADMIN Account with my ID2 Account also everythings work with them. But if I really log out and login with any other account the error is back.

If I submit the text without any changing it works, but as soon I only change one part this BBCode would be noticed and everything stopped.
Are you using cache settings? Settings of cache it store too permission settings.
You should only use the cache configuration, once fully configured.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

I did some more tests but it makes me even more confused.

I changed the name of my protect bbcode now to schutz and it's going now fine. I also did with hide for example to hidde and it goes trough. But the hide extension itself using hide so I can't use the name change for this one. Are those names somewhere in this extension blocked ?

I will test now with cached and no cached settings if anythings changes. Maybe it help.

For the smilies. At the moment I need 3 space between to work and hit submit button. I'm not allow to do anymore preview because than this changes never work.

But all others things working fine and hitting 2 times the preview buttons fixes all wrong spaces now in texts edited before with wrong settings. It seems you just found a got way and if I wanted to have an empty line now this works and did not need more edits to get the result as I wanted.

You did more as good job with this extension. :P :oops:

Extension Developments:
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:27 pm I did some more tests but it makes me even more confused.

I changed the name of my protect bbcode now to schutz and it's going now fine. I also did with hide for example to hidde and it goes trough. But the hide extension itself using hide so I can't use the name change for this one. Are those names somewhere in this extension blocked ?
All custom bbcode are handled the same way.
About cache is cache of setting of this extension. And not about cache of phpBB itself.
martec

Post by martec »

0.1.10-beta Released

If you using 0.1.8-beta or before you must unistall and "Delete the extension’s data" before upload 0.1.10-beta files.

This extension is in the beta stage, keep in mind that it is only for test propose, not use beta stage extension in live forum.

Bug fix:
- Fixed issue with smiles.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Nice work, running now nearly like a space rocket :D :D :D

Extension Developments:
martec

Post by martec »

Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:57 pm Nice work, running now nearly like a space rocket :D :D :D
Thanks for feedback!
Is very grateful to bugs reports etc. Impossible to make it stable without bug report.

The only thing though is that there are very few people testing.
Even if it is working perfectly, if I receive feedback from it it's a help. That way I'll know the extension is approaching stability.
More people testing, there will be more possibility of discovering new bugs. Not to mention that each person can use a feature that other person does not use, ensuring that not only popular features are tested, but also the least used features.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”