[ABD] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
quimlc

Re: [3.2][BETA] Rin Editor for phpBB (WYSIWYG Editor) (Powerd by CKEditor)

Post by quimlc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:57 pm

quimlc wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:07 am
how can I make the textarea in message box transparent instead of white? because I tried remove this line in content.css:

/* Remove the background color to make it transparent */
background-color: #fff;

Also tried with

background-color: transparent;

But after replace it and crear cache still is white.

If I disable the extension then my message box is transparent, so is not because of the default css styles, so I don't know how to solve it.
I found how to add a background color and background image to Rin Editor.

Depending of if you use moonocolor or moono-lisa skin you must go to ../stykes/all/template/js/skins/YOURSKIN/editor.css

► textarea.cke_source{...}

► .cke_wysiwyg_frame,.cke_wysiwyg_div{...}

The first are the styles for the source, the BBCode editor, the second are the styles for the WYSIWYG editor.

You can put a background color adding "background-color: #COLOR;" replacing "COLOR" by the color code, and/or add an image adding "background-image: url(IMAGEURL);" replacing "IMAGEURL" by the url of your background pic.

For example this is how I did it (replacing the url by "MYURL"):

textarea.cke_source{font-family:Arial,Verdana;color:#000;font-size:14px; background-image: url(MYURL) !important;background-repeat:repeat !important;background-color: #EEE2D2 !important; white-space:pre-wrap;border:0;padding:0;margin:0;display:block}

.cke_wysiwyg_frame,.cke_wysiwyg_div{background-image: url(MYURL) !important;background-repeat:repeat !important;background-color: #EEE2D2 !important;}

I have added also some "!important" values to assure that anything change my background, but probably are not needed.

I would like make it transparent directly, but if I put "background-color: transparent" always is white, also using "!important", I will investigate how to make it transparent directly, but if you have some image as background in your forum or some color different to white or black this is a good way to make it very similar to transparent, probably nobody will notice that this is a textarea with a image background instead of a transparent textarea.

:!: Remember add the same code in the rest of css styles for different navigators like gecko and IE, but only editing editor.css will include most of navigators.

kiroma

Post by kiroma » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 pm

hi! i really like the rin editor, but i have 2 doubts:
- i want to remove the youtube button in the editor, i deleted the youtube bbcode but the button still remains there. ¿How can I select what buttons i want to have in the editor?
- Emoji size is too big. I found the emojione folder inside the plugin but i change sizes in the css and the emojis keeps in the same size. ¿How to set a custom size or smaller at least?
greetins!

quimlc

Post by quimlc » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:38 pm

kiroma wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:12 pm
hi! i really like the rin editor, but i have 2 doubts:
- i want to remove the youtube button in the editor, i deleted the youtube bbcode but the button still remains there. ¿How can I select what buttons i want to have in the editor?
- Emoji size is too big. I found the emojione folder inside the plugin but i change sizes in the css and the emojis keeps in the same size. ¿How to set a custom size or smaller at least?
greetins!

Is needed remove "youtube" in the plugins list and will disappear. I did it with "smiley" because as you say the smilies are too high and anyway they appear in the right so is not needed this button, so I removed it and I only keep the emojis button that is "emojione" plugin, so I recommend you remove "youtube" and "smiley".

kiroma

Post by kiroma » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:46 pm

I've already disabled the youtube button :)
but i dont understand your message about smilies. in my forum smilies are displayed with a correct size, but the emojis from the emojione button included in rin editor are too big when i send a message (not in the editor, only when the message is sended) and i dont know what to do to

quimlc

Post by quimlc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:17 pm

kiroma wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:46 pm
I've already disabled the youtube button :)
but i dont understand your message about smilies. in my forum smilies are displayed with a correct size, but the emojis from the emojione button included in rin editor are too big when i send a message (not in the editor, only when the message is sended) and i dont know what to do to

This is the problem, I think same than you, I checked a lot of css files and I not got change the size displayed in these big smilies. So one option is remove the button, because is not needed, the smilies already appear in the right.

The problem that I had doing it is that I have a problem in the editor, at least using iOS mobile device, when I try to select a text the keypad disappears and some people said me that the editor is not working well, so I needed put the smiley button again.

Also when I put a pic background in the wysiwyg editor appears the same problem, appears in both cases, so the best I got without any bug is put a background color seemed to my background pic.

So if you want try it check if the WYSIWYG editor works correctly, the best is copy the file and duplicate, then edit, if not works delete and be back to previous version.

See you!

kiroma

Post by kiroma » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:04 pm

thanks for the answer :)
but im talking about the emojione button included in rin editor
in the editor the emojis are well displayed

but when i send the post, they display like that

what i want is configurate the size of this emojis when displayed in posts
greetings!

quimlc

Post by quimlc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Ahm ok I not have this problem in my editor, but I saw something about that is possible solve with css with max-width property, but I not remember the css, maybe was

.emojis {
max-width: 20px;
}

or maybe is

.emojione

or

.emoji

or

.smileys

you can try these css adding it on the content.css or try to find the same info because I not remember where it was, probably was 1 or 2 months ago, probably this will solve the problem.

kiroma

Post by kiroma » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:14 pm

yes! thank you i solved the problem, this post was useful

quimlc

Post by quimlc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:32 pm

kiroma wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:14 pm
yes! thank you i solved the problem, this post was useful
you're welcome, which is the exact css that you used? for if someone more has the same problem.

I had the problem that I added smileys by the forum in 250x250 size for better quality, but when I add them in WYSIWYG editor appears the full version instead of 20x20, in the message appears correctly but in the editor the big version so is annoying for people who use the WYSIWYG editor and I needed be back to smileys 20x20. I thought the css was the solution but not worked, only works in the topic view, not in the WYSIWYG editor, so I need continue investigating if is possible view them at max width 20px.

Also you can use max-height if you want, instead of max-width, because the height is the problem in the messages, the width is less important. If all emojis have same width and height then is the same, but if some of them have more width than height then maybe is a little ugly the smiley, like a line smiley, but usually most have the same sizes.

kiroma

Post by kiroma » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:08 am

the post said that you have to add the class

Code: Select all

.emoji, .smilies {
	min-height: 18px;
	min-width: 18px;
	height: 1em;
	width: 1em;
}
in the main css of your style. i added it but it didnt worked
the change becomes when i deleted the .smilies class. i suppose that there are interferences between smilies and emoji so you have to put the same in both classes.

kiroma

Post by kiroma » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:49 pm

how can i control the fonts in the rin editor? for example, i dont want the comic sans font
and, if possible, how to add google fonts in the editor?
greetings!

quimlc

Post by quimlc » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:59 pm

kiroma wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:08 am
the post said that you have to add the class

.emoji, .smilies {
	min-height: 18px;
	min-width: 18px;
	height: 1em;
	width: 1em;
}
in the main css of your style. i added it but it didnt worked
the change becomes when i deleted the .smilies class. i suppose that there are interferences between smilies and emoji so you have to put the same in both classes.
Ahm ok lol but min-width is a minimum not maximum, so to prevent big smilies is needed the max, but if it works deleting that css then no problem, I will try if it works with WYSIWYG editor when you put big smilies hehe

About fonts is in../template/js/content.css

There is possible change the background color also. The background pic has some problems with the WYSIWYG eortor.

To edit the BBCode view editor is inside your style (monocolor or monolisa) and then in editor.css there is a large css, find textarea.cke_source and put the font and color you want, also here is possible change the background color or put a background pic.

kiroma

Post by kiroma » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:16 am

sorry but i dont understand how this work. in editor.css i search for "textarea.cke_source" and there is

textarea.cke_source{font-family:'Courier New',Monospace;font-size:small;background-color:#fff;white-space:pre-wrap;border:0;padding:0;margin:0;display:block}
but i dont know how to choose which fonts the editor allow to use

I think it does not matter, because what i want is to remove the fonts button in rin editor and keep only the font size selector. but, if i delete the word "font" in the ckeditor.js list, it removes the font-family and font-size buttons, and i just want the font-family button removed. what to do?

LuigiMdg

Post by LuigiMdg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:36 pm

I'm a ghost?

quimlc

Post by quimlc » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:45 pm

kiroma wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:16 am
sorry but i dont understand how this work. in editor.css i search for "textarea.cke_source" and there is

textarea.cke_source{font-family:'Courier New',Monospace;font-size:small;background-color:#fff;white-space:pre-wrap;border:0;padding:0;margin:0;display:block}
but i dont know how to choose which fonts the editor allow to use

I think it does not matter, because what i want is to remove the fonts button in rin editor and keep only the font size selector. but, if i delete the word "font" in the ckeditor.js list, it removes the font-family and font-size buttons, and i just want the font-family button removed. what to do?
Oh that I said is to change the editor font, not to change the list of fonts hehe probably is possible do it, would be needed search the fonts in all files because I don't know where is, I cannot do it because I'm using a ipad, but with a PC is very easy to find the files that contain fonts and then modify it, if not works with the windows search, searching inside files, then is possible use TextPad add all files in the file selector and use the replace function like find "Arial" and replace by "Arial" and will appear a symbol * that indicates that this file contain fonts. If you find it let us know :)

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”