[ABD] Telegram Notifications

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Re: [3.2][BETA] Telegram Notifications

Post by mrgoldy »

On the Github link in the first post, you can see the 'releases'.
There you can find the 0.6.0 release: https://github.com/lassik/phpbb-ext-tel ... /tag/0.6.0
Looks like he added two translations.
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Thanks .... now i see it.

:ugeek:
whocarez

Post by whocarez »

@lassik

Thank you for this interesting extension. For a public channel it is a little bit confusing, to see also messages/topics which are awaiting moderation. Maybe this should be changeable over a switch in acp.
Using this extension together with Feed post bot is possible, but Telegram messages to these new posts by this Feed bot are lacking links. Still informative, but could be better :-).

But anyway, nice extension and good work!
sakkiotto

Post by sakkiotto »

It's possible exclude forums ? example like many forum private.. id 4,5,19,150
lassik

Post by lassik »

Ok, I'll start work on the next version (0.7.0). Hopefully it'll be ready in 1-2 weeks. Progress can be tracked on GitHub, I'll also post here when it's ready.
whocarez wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:37 am nice extension and good work!
Thanks for the interest :)
whocarez wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:37 am For a public channel it is a little bit confusing, to see also messages/topics which are awaiting moderation. Maybe this should be changeable over a switch in acp.
Thanks for reporting this. I think Jan ran into the same issue: https://github.com/lassik/phpbb-ext-tel ... /issues/10 I'll try to fix it in the next version.
sakkiotto wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:10 pm It's possible exclude forums ? example like many forum private.. id 4,5,19,150
I'll implement this in the next version (you can select a phpBB user group, and only posts visible to that group will be shown on Telegram): https://github.com/lassik/phpbb-ext-tel ... s/issues/7
whocarez wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:37 am Using this extension together with Feed post bot is possible, but Telegram messages to these new posts by this Feed bot are lacking links.
I'll try to look into this and think of something for the next version. Not sure if I can fix it.

Bug/feature tracker for 0.7.0: https://github.com/lassik/phpbb-ext-tel ... ilestone/1
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

I really don't get managed with this Chat-ID thing and really don't understand what to do. This links don't really help because they not using really PHPBB. I got the group id from the groups but nothing happens and do I need I new user for this BOT or need another chat programm inside my forum for get this thing somewhere running ?
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
lassik

Post by lassik »

Miri4ever wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:08 pm I really don't get managed with this Chat-ID thing and really don't understand what to do. This links don't really help because they not using really PHPBB. I got the group id from the groups but nothing happens and do I need I new user for this BOT or need another chat programm inside my forum for get this thing somewhere running ?
Here's how it should work:

1. Create a Telegram bot: https://core.telegram.org/bots#3-how-do-i-create-a-bot The bot is like a Telegram user but does not represent a person. There is no phpBB user or group for the bot.

2. Invite your Telegram bot into a Telegram group.

3. Then install this phpBB extension and try "Find chat ID" in the forum ACP. If this doesn't work, let us know.
igorbond

Post by igorbond »

Disconnected notifications of new users, but they still come
ParadiseFS

Post by ParadiseFS »

Hello Lassik

I have sent a PR to add a new feature. Now it is possible to exclude certain forums from Telegram.

Regards.
sakkiotto

Post by sakkiotto »

ParadiseFS wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:50 pm Hello Lassik

I have sent a PR to add a new feature. Now it is possible to exclude certain forums from Telegram.

Regards.
it's a good idea
ParadiseFS

Post by ParadiseFS »

sakkiotto wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:40 am
ParadiseFS wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:50 pm Hello Lassik

Regards.
it's a good idea
Yes, but I am not sure if the author still maintains this mod. I have sent him any email some weeks ago without any reply from his side. Anyways, if you want to test it, check it here:

https://github.com/CodingFree/phpbb-ext ... ifications
Kot Matroskin
Name: Vitaly Filatenko

Post by Kot Matroskin »

Version 0.6.0 causes the following php error when I trying to open the ext settings:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/lassik/telegramnotifications/acp/main_module.php on line 50: Undefined variable: u_action
As a result I can't open settings pages with enabled gzip.
david63

Post by david63 »

This extension looks abandoned to me as the author has not visited the board in nearly 12 months.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Telegram Notifications

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extension Customisations Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as "abandoned" or "in development", on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extension Customisations Team

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”