[3.1][3.2][RC] Steam Group Suite

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
dynserver

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] Steam Group Suite

Post by dynserver »

3Di wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:00 pm Releasing Steam Group Suite v1.0.0-RC3 . See first posts.

Changes Log since v1.0.0-rc2
  • [Fix] API's bug: group with no members yet
  • [Fix] Migration is not correctly handling a revert_schema() method
  • [Fix] Out of range value for column 'gameid' at row 1 [1264]
  • Raise version to 1.0.0-RC3
  • Housekeeping
Update Extension: disable / delete files / upload new files / re-enable

Innstalled now, I'll report if anything pops up again. :ugeek:
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

dynserver wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 pm Innstalled now, I'll report if anything pops up again. :ugeek:
As I said, testing it is very simple. Don't kick out those guys.

The game reported in your error log (FiveM) is ok BTW, it just uses an ID at the very limit of the DB BIGINT's data type.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Pulaski

Post by Pulaski »

Looks like GTA V RP is FiveM, everything is working fine now. Looks good on the mobile and tablet, nice job!
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Great. :)
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Sequor

Post by Sequor »

3Di wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 am
Sequor wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:49 pm Yeah, I'm using a steam group where I'm the only member.
Okay, thanks for the PM. I tried to find a Steam group with no members but found nothing.

Well, the Steam's API involved in this part of the code does return an empty array if the owner of the Group is the only member there, in fact the viewport's statistics bar (as per the screenshot above) reports that.

So here is the patched fix for the ACP side of the code, I post here the changes because I can't release a new package for only this small change. I will as soon as I will get back to this extension in order to check-in the whole package.

Open the file with a decent IDE that can save files as UTF8-(no Bom):
ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php

Line 445
FIND

Code: Select all

$list_ids_group = array_merge($list_ids_group, $curl_response['members']['steamID64']);
REPLACE WITH

$list_ids_group = array_merge($list_ids_group, (array) $curl_response['members']['steamID64']);
https://github.com/3D-I/Steam-Group-Sui ... e.php#L445

Now the last bit
Lines 468, 469, 470, 471, that's a block:

FIND

foreach ($curl_response['players']['player'] as $player)
{
	$players[$list_ids_group[$player['steamid']]] = $player;
}

REPLACE WITH

foreach ($curl_response['players']['player'] as $player)
{
	if (is_array($player))
	{
		$players[$list_ids_group[$player['steamid']]] = $player;
	}
}

https://github.com/3D-I/Steam-Group-Sui ... #L469-L475

Now you need to enter an empty (blank) GroupID and submit it to reset the DB.
Once done put yours there again and submit.

You will be not listed in the viewport though till you get at least one member in the group, that's the API.

Please let me know if there is something else I could do to help you, thanks for feedback.
Can confirm that these edits solved my issue.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Thanks for sharing your success. :)

BTW, those changes have been included in the RC3 version available to download in the first post of this very topic, which includes 2 major fixes as well. You might want to update the extension I guess.

Have fun :)
dynserver

Post by dynserver »

Starting to notice all users that are in a game it's showing

"Game Unknown"

and then a couple are actually displaying the proper game name. But those who have "Game Unknown" are ironically playing the SAME game as the ones that are displaying properly.. so something has seemed to get messed up.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

dynserver wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:12 am Starting to notice all users that are in a game it's showing

"Game Unknown"

and then a couple are actually displaying the proper game name. But those who have "Game Unknown" are ironically playing the SAME game as the ones that are displaying properly.. so something has seemed to get messed up.
Steps you did in order to replicate such issue which seems you are facing?
I don't have so much spare time during this period of the year.
dynserver

Post by dynserver »

I didn't touch much in the last couple months it was just working and then stopped showing game name all of a sudden. :shock:

I have had display "all in-game" set up for months and refresh set to 15 minutes or something for a while now.

Maybeeeee something has changed in STEAM API, not sure. There are user names where u see what game they are in, and users where u dont. Not sure what that depends on but they are in the same game.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

I highly suspect there has been no changes in the API itself, if so we can consider those guys a bit "naive" at least. :geek:

Having said that and considering the code you are using is the same since months, I do have another suspect.. let's see if those users changed their profile to "private", the API gives information on the game ID (thus the name) only if the profile is NOT private AFAIR.

If so they are listed as "in game" but the name of the game is displayed as "game unknown", since we are using the same approach in our code, that's by design and will not change for sure.

Privacy have priority, it is an user's decision.

In any case I will try and see if the guys made an "April's Fools" sort of thing, when I will get some spare time.

No others are reporting this issue till now, to add.
dynserver

Post by dynserver »

3Di wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:46 pm I highly suspect there has been no changes in the API itself, if so we can consider those guys a bit "naive" at least. :geek:

Having said that and considering the code you are using is the same since months, I do have another suspect.. let's see if those users changed their profile to "private", the API gives information on the game ID (thus the name) only if the profile is NOT private AFAIR.

If so they are listed as "in game" but the name of the game is displayed as "game unknown", since we are using the same approach in our code, that's by design and will not change for sure.

Privacy have priority, it is an user's decision.

In any case I will try and see if the guys made an "April's Fools" sort of thing, when I will get some spare time.

No others are reporting this issue till now, to add.

I took a look at my privacy settings and currently all options where applicable I have set to PUBLIC or "viewable to everyone"

being as how I'm a community owner I keep my information public to those looking to reach out in every aspect through steam.

So I looked at myself while being in-game on my website I'm still unknown.. among 23 other players in the same game.. we are all unknown BUT 2, I wonder what these 2 are doing.. that's different lol.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

There are no changes in the APi, I confirm.

Look at the link below, use it with your YOUR_WEB_API_KEY and YOUR_STEAM_ID_64 and try it, you will see the gameextrainfo required is not present (I tried with your SteamID64 right now)

https://api.steampowered.com/ISteamUser/GetPlayerSummaries/v0002/?key=YOUR_WEB_API_KEY&steamids=YOUR_STEAM_ID_64

The API (as part of the private data) should give both GAMEID and GAMEEXTRAINFO, in your case the latter is missing and the logic displays the natural fallback I coded, aka "game unknown".
from the Steam¡s API documentation wrote: Private Data

gameid
If the user is currently in-game, this value will be returned and set to the gameid of that game.

gameextrainfo
If the user is currently in-game, this will be the name of the game they are playing. This may be the name of a non-Steam game shortcut.

You are currently IN GAME since your GAMEID is: "gameid": "10"..
time to ask those guys about that maybe?

Also I have found this discussion, dunno if effectively relates since I stopped reading it after a dozen of replies
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/6li55u/changes_in_steam_api_a_dozen_removed_games_no/
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

dynserver wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:52 am So I looked at myself while being in-game on my website I'm still unknown.. among 23 other players in the same game.. we are all unknown BUT 2, I wonder what these 2 are doing.. that's different lol.
^^ see my above pls.

here the API docs: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... ivate_Data
dynserver

Post by dynserver »

:shock: a lot of times your response is a little more advanced than the knowledge I have in the stuff that you are working on. But from what I understand the API does provide gameid for fetching the game # and gameextrainfo for the name to be fetched. Sooo with that being said you mention steam suite has a coded fallback showing the game unknown if it can't fetch that extra game info about it.

So in a simpler reply for newbies like myself, are you saying perhaps my board/ext version is glitching up specifically for me?

or

this is a problem beyond just my board?

I didnt get to read that reddit link yet, as I'm typing this at a red light off my phone xD
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Once you'll get in front of your PC monitor you will be able to use those unparsed links and see for yourself.

As I said (well, technically) if the API doesn't provide a "gameextrainfo" (game name) to play with, there is the fallback I provided which litterally tells the reality: Game unknown. - no info no party :)

Since is providing a "gameid" filled with a number (game id) it states you are In Game though... as per the API docs I above linked.

I don't have power on the API but Steam (obviously), please ask support there for your use case.
The reddit's linked topic is speaking about the API not being able to recognize some games, if you read it.

Isn't a problem of the extension or phpBB itself.
I can't be more clear being myself not a native speaker.

Return to “Extensions in Development”