[3.1][3.2][RC] Steam Group Suite

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Sequor

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] Steam Group Suite

Post by Sequor »

Testing the extension now. It looks promising.

---

EDIT: A few notes
  • The ability to use the steam group's shortname is fantastic, as I had a hard time locating the 18-digit ID code.
  • I'd like to see the ability to change the color of the information bar on the board index. The bright green color that's being used contrasts heavily with the style I'm using.
  • Being able to resize the Steam group description text would also be nice. It's a bit too large for my taste.
Other than that stuff, it works phenomenally. I can't wait to put it to good use.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Sequor wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 am The ability to use the steam group's shortname is fantastic, as I had a hard time locating the 18-digit ID code.
Yeah, don't tell us. Got tired during 4 months of development of input all of the times a test occurred or a DB migration changed that imput, Javier convinced me to adopt that facility as well, I was contrary at the begin but hey. Logic wins. :)
Sequor wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 am I'd like to see the ability to change the color of the information bar on the board index. The bright green color that's being used contrasts heavily with the style I'm using.
Not sure of what you are talking about, a screenshot maybe helps. But if you mean the colorpickers ? Yup, cool. I loved to implement that part. If used with phpBB 3.1 another option which helps dark styles is the dark/light icons set, appears only as I said on 3.1 though. 3.2 uses fontawesome icons which are under the phpBB's control. Viewport's provided default colors though are the originals from Steam.
Sequor wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 am Being able to resize the Steam group description text would also be nice. It's a bit too large for my taste.
Sure thing, that bit is IMHO the only remaining one, I am not satisfied too. I will enhance it soon.
Sequor wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 am Other than that stuff, it works phenomenally. I can't wait to put it to good use.
Thanks for feedback- You will get surprised discovering how many facilities the extension has been shipped with, and yes.. you are already using the version which will be soon submitted to the CDB, a part for the Group description's tooltip enhancement to be done.

Please report if any issue.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Sequor

Post by Sequor »

3Di wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am Not sure of what you are talking about, a screenshot maybe helps. But if you mean the colorpickers ? Yup, cool. I loved to implement that part. If used with phpBB 3.1 another option which helps dark styles is the dark/light icons set, appears only as I said on 3.1 though. 3.2 uses fontawesome icons which are under the phpBB's control. Viewport's provided default colors though are the originals from Steam.
Maybe I missed the option to change this, but I was referring to the color of this bar.

The bright green just doesn't sit well with the black/gray/red theme of the site.
3Di wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 am
Thanks for feedback- You will get surprised discovering how many facilities the extension has been shipped with, and yes.. you are already using the version which will be soon submitted to the CDB, a part for the Group description's tooltip enhancement to be done.

Please report if any issue.
Just as I said everything was working phenomenally, I came across this when viewing the forum as a guest.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php on line 445: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php on line 450: array_chunk() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php on line 453: array_flip() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php on line 456: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
Once logged in, the errors don't show anymore. I'm wondering if there's a permission error I made somewhere.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Seems like this happens if you don't have any member in the group visiting the Board as a guest, have you?

May I have the name of this group in order to test/fix the inconvinient?
Strange enough we didn't considered such an event, sorry.
If you can see that bit as a guest means you sat the steamsuite permission also for guests, that's pretty normal.

Thanks you. :)

(if you prefere you can PM me that group name)

The color of the bar is located in the CSS, no option is available in the ACP for that.

Line 400 of steamsuite.css
.steamsuite-statistics-block {
margin-bottom: 10px;
font-size: 1.1em;
padding: 5px 10px;
border-radius: 7px;
background-color: #d6e9cf; /* light green */
color: #125814; /* dark green */
}
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Sequor

Post by Sequor »

3Di wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:31 am Seems like this happens if you don't have any member in the group visiting the Board as a guest, have you?

May I have the name of this group in order to test/fix the inconvinient?
Strange enough we didn't considered such an event, sorry.
If you can see that bit as a guest means you sat the steamsuite permission also for guests, that's pretty normal.

Thanks you. :)

(if you prefere you can PM me that group name)

The color of the bar is located in the CSS, no option is available in the ACP for that.

Line 400 of steamsuite.css
.steamsuite-statistics-block {
margin-bottom: 10px;
font-size: 1.1em;
padding: 5px 10px;
border-radius: 7px;
background-color: #d6e9cf; /* light green */
color: #125814; /* dark green */
}
Yeah, I'm using a steam group where I'm the only member. I'll PM you the steam group link.

As for the bar, I appreciate you locating the corresponding CSS snippet for me. I'll make the changes so that it matches my forum style better.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Sequor wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:49 pm Yeah, I'm using a steam group where I'm the only member.
Okay, thanks for the PM. I tried to find a Steam group with no members but found nothing.

Well, the Steam's API involved in this part of the code does return an empty array if the owner of the Group is the only member there, in fact the viewport's statistics bar (as per the screenshot above) reports that.

So here is the patched fix for the ACP side of the code, I post here the changes because I can't release a new package for only this small change. I will as soon as I will get back to this extension in order to check-in the whole package.

Open the file with a decent IDE that can save files as UTF8-(no Bom):
ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php

Line 445
FIND

$list_ids_group = array_merge($list_ids_group, $curl_response['members']['steamID64']);
REPLACE WITH

$list_ids_group = array_merge($list_ids_group, (array) $curl_response['members']['steamID64']);
https://github.com/3D-I/Steam-Group-Sui ... e.php#L445

Now the last bit
Lines 468, 469, 470, 471, that's a block:

FIND

foreach ($curl_response['players']['player'] as $player)
{
	$players[$list_ids_group[$player['steamid']]] = $player;
}

REPLACE WITH

foreach ($curl_response['players']['player'] as $player)
{
	if (is_array($player))
	{
		$players[$list_ids_group[$player['steamid']]] = $player;
	}
}

https://github.com/3D-I/Steam-Group-Sui ... #L469-L475

Now you need to enter an empty (blank) GroupID and submit it to reset the DB.
Once done put yours there again and submit.

You will be not listed in the viewport though till you get at least one member in the group, that's the API.

Please let me know if there is something else I could do to help you, thanks for feedback.
dynserver

Post by dynserver »

There's this BUG I wish I saved the output error but I forgot to.

I think it has something to do with a specific game players play. I have had 2 kick 2 users out of my STEAM groups recently because they end up in a game that causes an error on my board so when the ext fetches their info it errors the board.

I know this was mentioned already here and your release was supposed to fix it, I'm using the new release and I've had it happen twice, at first I figured the first time was an accident so I just kicked the user out, but now that it happened again by another steam group member in a "weird" game name.. or ID I figured it might be a concern.

I'm using 1.0.0-rc2

I believe this is your update log :
Issue #1 BUG: Out of range value for column 'gameid' at row 1 [1264]

that was targeting this specific issue (still existing)
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

dynserver wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:05 pm There's this BUG I wish I saved the output error but I forgot to.
That's bad I can say? Always please try and report the whole error log if any.
It saves our day in many case. :geek:
dynserver wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:05 pm I know this was mentioned already here and your release was supposed to fix it, I'm using the new release and I've had it happen twice, at first I figured the first time was an accident so I just kicked the user out, but now that it happened again by another steam group member in a "weird" game name.. or ID I figured it might be a concern.

I'm using 1.0.0-rc2

I believe this is your update log :
Issue #1 BUG: Out of range value for column 'gameid' at row 1 [1264]
Thx for feedback.
That bug is related (it was and I think still is) to some "h..ck..d game" 's ID, that's what I learnt from the BigG. Anyway, this hould definitly stop to happen in any case. I am considering to implement a strict check on the games ID if necessary, and if there is already a point to where to hook to do so.

I own your group name so I can check out where the issue lies into your group, you are telling me you kicked out those two users from your group though. No probs I think, I still have some DB which could contain those data, still. I do need the Steam's vanityurl/steamID64 of those guys though, in order to reproduce the error by my side. Pls PM me just for this use case, thanks.
fliper4o

Post by fliper4o »

Nice ext guys !
Gratz

~fliper4o
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

dynserver wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:05 pm There's this BUG I wish I saved the output error but I forgot to.
I searched all of the DBs I own which might contain your Group's user base, searching for the nickname you PMed me. Such username is not filed in, that means it was a new member by my side, because I am not using that group as a test-bed since ages.

I tried to find the guilty gameid the user is playing using a direct query to the Steam Web API to no avail as well. Therefore I am unable to reproduce the error. The only chance which remains is you to roll back your ban to the user(s) and when the error appears again copy it as the whole in a new post here, between the QUOTE bbcode tags. If that happens, please take a note of the relatives name of the game/steamID64 too.

Regards.
Pulaski

Post by Pulaski »

I was unable to talk with him, but I think it's GTA V RP (RP= Role Playing), I know nothing about the game myself.
When he was in game my test site was also getting the error.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value for column 'gameid' at row 1 [1264]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Pulaski wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:56 am I was unable to talk with him, but I think it's GTA V RP (RP= Role Playing), I know nothing about the game myself.
When he was in game my test site was also getting the error.
thanks for trying but unfortunately that doesn't help. :)

I do need the full error message not an excerpt, first of all.

Second, the game you are talking about is not in the Steam's DB/list
(is on another server so to speak, google for it)

here's the complete and up-to-date Steam's list
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... cation_IDs
https://steamdb.info/

To be clear, in order to fix the issue I do need your group's SteamID/vanityurl (NOT your Web API key). ;)

So to use it in my environment and catch the guilty user, lurk at the DATABASE (mine) to see what kind of game id is causing this issue.

And a link to the board where this extension is running with a test account for me (via PM). Thanks.

I can't stand I have to change again the column type to VCHAr maybe. That's not really what I want it to be.

On a secondary note, I will not add support for hacked games, instead I will get rid of those players directly without any chance for them, if that's the case. :geek:

Let's see where this game leads me to..

Regards.
dynserver

Post by dynserver »

happened today, and I actually had a chance to grab the output error page my forum sent me to

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value for column 'gameid' at row 1 [1264]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_steam_suite (steam_id, personaname, profileurl, avatar, personastate, profilevisible, gameid, gameextrainfo) VALUES ('76561198081650795', '™{DJ} ACE BUDDY/Disco Inferno™', 'http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thexxomgxx/', 'https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steamcommunity/public/images/avatars/1f/1f30d807d4827ff24ac7dcf404e83d3c1c44c199.jpg', 1, 1, 9223372036854775807, 'FiveM �')

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 999
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 193
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 329
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php
LINE: 346
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/threedi/steamsuite/core/steamsuite.php
LINE: 477
CALL: threedi\steamsuite\core\steamsuite->perform_db_update()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/threedi/steamsuite/event/listener.php
LINE: 140
CALL: threedi\steamsuite\core\steamsuite->steamsuite_refresh()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: threedi\steamsuite\event\listener->steamsuite_refresh()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php
LINE: 184
CALL: call_user_func()

FILE: [ROOT]/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php
LINE: 46
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/event/dispatcher.php
LINE: 60
CALL: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/user.php
LINE: 336
CALL: phpbb\event\dispatcher->dispatch()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 30
CALL: phpbb\user->setup()
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]

You know the strange part is... i refreshed my forum and forum works, but steam suite seems to be glitched up showing nothing but a "service error message" so I kicked him out to get it to work again LOL. Tell me if u dont want me kicking these people out for any testing purposes.

P.S generally those "hacked" games don't even really have a big steam group community.If you removed support for them I doubt many ppl would suffer from it :)

Thank you.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Very well. :ugeek:

We will need them for testing the patch I will commit when I get back home tonight.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Releasing Steam Group Suite v1.0.0-RC3 . See first posts.

Changes Log since v1.0.0-rc2
  • [Fix] API's bug: group with no members yet
  • [Fix] Migration is not correctly handling a revert_schema() method
  • [Fix] Out of range value for column 'gameid' at row 1 [1264]
  • Raise version to 1.0.0-RC3
  • Housekeeping
Update Extension: disable / delete files / upload new files / re-enable

Return to “Extensions in Development”