[CDB] Top Poster Of The Month (reloaded)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
bug-i

Re: [3.1][3.2][RC] Top Poster Of The Month (reloaded)

Post by bug-i »

First of all: Thanks for bugfixing and including the new link. As far as I can see it works like it should now. Great job!

minor bug for hall of fame: I have some users, that do not have the trophy or a own userpic under "Top Posters ever", and I think I know why: These are users that do not have made a post in the last month, but from their history have made in total enough posts to show up under "Top Posters ever"

question: is it a feature or bug that the tiny trophy at the main page has a different color than earlier? Now its not the standard-prosilver blue anymore.

regarding the long tooltip-story: Of course I dont want to waste your time. We just did not get the others points several times and I still think we are not fully at the same page. You kind of forced me into an extra option for that as you seemed to be very convinced that the way it was was perfect and all changes should be made only via another option. I dont want to discuss how it came to this missunderstanding, I would rather discuss how it works / or not works, to have the same view of it. This wasnt clear to me so I must admit that it was a bit fast to open this feature request at github. Unfortunately no other user is participating here to lighten things up with another opinion. :?
Anyway, I am ok with the way it works now but also see some differences between A) the way it works, B) the current description and C) what I initially intended. In case you are still interested in my opinion let me know, I would be happy to support you further in this development.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

bug-i wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 am First of all: Thanks for bugfixing and including the new link. As far as I can see it works like it should now. Great job!
Great, thanks. :)
bug-i wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 am minor bug for hall of fame: I have some users, that do not have the trophy or a own userpic under "Top Posters ever", and I think I know why: These are users that do not have made a post in the last month, but from their history have made in total enough posts to show up under "Top Posters ever"
And what do they show instead? Did you try to page reload (F5)? I can't reproduce with my test-bed this situation, I have 500 users and each of them shows the trophy despite they made or not a post in the last month, so your help catching the issue is needed. By PM a link to your board and the number of page where the issue happens, ofcourse you need to set TPOTM permissions to the Guest group if you don't want to gimme a test account. I will investigate with my dev tools, no need to access the ACP at all.
bug-i wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 am question: is it a feature or bug that the tiny trophy at the main page has a different color than earlier? Now its not the standard-prosilver blue anymore.
The trophy is only one image reduced on the fly via CSS and owns a own colour, no CSS implied for that colour has been coded, hence no it is always the same. Edit: see my edit below.
bug-i wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 am Anyway, I am ok with the way it works now but also see some differences between A) the way it works, B) the current description and C) what I initially intended. In case you are still interested in my opinion let me know, I would be happy to support you further in this development.
No probs about the misunderstanding because I opted for the "minus malis", I got your points but sincerely I was to ahead with the coded option to trash it and forget. Coding what you would like is not a simple stuff, implies do do some calculations based on timezones for each user which are stored not as decimals anymore like it was in 3.0.xx but strings (like Europe/Paris) in the DB - no worth the effort for a cosmethical tooltip IMHO. So I made an absolute UTC+00:00 date format for it in order to make everyone happy or leave them to set anothe date() constraint in the native phpBB's preferences. The option has been set to No as per default. That's not something onto which I will get back agin changing that code, I hope you'll understand my point of view .

And last but NOT least, I discovered the SQL queries aren't anymore avoided during the cache time, that means those are continously running despite the settings in ACP. I can say "were running" because I have already fixed everything here in local, it's under exhaustive testing prior to release the new package with the fix, which I hope is the last one.

And yes, please keep on testing if you like, by my developer point of view that's very important and much appreciated. Thanks.

Eine schöne Tag noch. :)

Edit: about the tiny trophy over there in the navbar that's a fontawesome icon instead, not an image.

And yes, I modified it for viewtopic which inherits the grey, that's why. And now paints also the hall of fame's link on the nav bar. I will fix that. The navbar already show that icon on the appropriated blue.
I took a note and will be included in the next package.

That's in tpotm.css line 11: color: blue; that should be changed to color: #105289;
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

3Di wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 am , implies do do some calculations based on timezones for each user which are stored not as decimals anymore like it was in 3.0.xx but strings (like Europe/Paris) in the DB
use the builtin functions for Timezones, see https://github.com/canonknipser/viewexi ... #L149-L158
Greetings, Frank
phpbb.de support team member
English is not my native language - no support via PM or mail
New arrival - Extensions and scripts for phpBB
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

canonknipser wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:07 am
3Di wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 am , implies do do some calculations based on timezones for each user which are stored not as decimals anymore like it was in 3.0.xx but strings (like Europe/Paris) in the DB
use the builtin functions for Timezones, see https://github.com/canonknipser/viewexi ... #L149-L158
Yes but to much a do for nothing here, let me explain shortly the "issue"..

The issue is where bug-i would like to get the tooltip to display the minutes from 02:00 to 01:59 having sat he's TZ to UTC+2 (DST in action) which displays from 02:00 to 00:59, we know, or wait for the DST to end. Another option could be if you set to UTC+00:00 your board's prefs in UCP, in this case all of the times board-wide will show that way. This with the present code, else I have to re code a lot of stuff for just a cosmethical stuff (a tooltip).

To let all the users world-wide happy I coded an extra option there:
-
which gives from {01 10 2017 00:01 to 31 10 2017 00:00}

or from {01 10 2017 00:01 to 01 11 2017 00:00}

That's the "same" depending on the user native prefs, 00:00 could be the last or the first hr/min/sec of both days. At least that's why it is considered as the begin in PHP AFAIK. Here its a visive "fake" so to speak.

That's the "minus malis" optimal condition for everyone IMHO. :) A bit dense I know. :lol:
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

TPOTM v2.0.0-rc2 release. See first posts.

Changes Log since v2.0.0-rc1
º BUG: SQL queries aren't anymore avoided during the cache time
º FIX: icon-fa-trophy's color to be consistent with prosilver
º Task: Version increment to RC2
º Housekeeping

Update Extension: disable / delete data & files / upload new files / re-enable
bug-i

Post by bug-i »

Lets rethink that tooltip in another way: My inital point was that I was confused as the tooltip said: from 2:00 to ..., and there was no hint if its UTC or my timezone or anything else. So it all lead to what we have now: Another option which is a solution but complicates of course everything and is still for me a tiny bit confusing.

What about a radical solution otherwise: completely remove the tooltip and the option (I am really sorry for that programming work already done). This would

A) streamline everything
B) provide not the basis for discussion and cosmetical questions and inconsitancy
C) after thinking about everything (and this came for me as the result of the discussion here): Does the tooltip provide additional value at all ? or wouldnt be simply a "At the present time is xxx with a total of xxx posts out of xxx (xx%) this month" be clear enough?

:geek: :?:

Once more: This intention/idea now only came to me after all the discussion and words written down here. If I would have seen that much more easier solution some days ago, I wouldnt have requested the additional option at github. :cry:
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

At this stage it is easier to add another option there in UCP which says "Do you want the tooltips to be shown?". This way with just a small effort I can satisfy the general audience.

Instead to disassemble a lot of code to get rid of a cosmethical stuff which I like and maybe others.
The code respects the TZ and DST of each user since uses the native phpBB functions.

Not to mention I am not bound to trash the tooltip for any reason, believe me. :)
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

TPOTM v2.0.1-RC feature release. See first posts.

Changes Log since v2.0.0-rc2
  • º FEATURE: second option in UCP->Tooltips (standard messages)
  • º FEATURE: extra option in ACP->Hall of fame
    • Using Epoch the fetch starts since Epoch time 1970-01-01 00:00 instead of the start date of the Board. To be used if you did reset at some point that date and some users are being excluded from the Top posters ever list, which is based also on the post time.
  • º FEATURE: icon FA spinner spin for viewtopic miniprofile
  • º Task: CSS/HTML5/FA enhancement
  • º Task: Version increment to v2.0.1-RC (from now now RC will stay as a fixed suffix)
  • º Task: PHP short array syntax 2th step
  • º Housekeeping

Update Extension: disable / delete data & files / upload new files / re-enable
bug-i wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 am minor bug for hall of fame: I have some users, that do not have the trophy or a own userpic under "Top Posters ever", and I think I know why: These are users that do not have made a post in the last month, but from their history have made in total enough posts to show up under "Top Posters ever"
See if using the new Epoch ACP option will fix your above issue. Thx.

In case the issue persists try my [3.1][3.2][RC] Default Avatar Extended and set its ACP 2th option (use dae-default avatar for those users without one). No need to change the TPOTM settings, the trophy will be automatically replaced as you can see in the IMG linked.

If the EPOCH option doesn't fix that or DAE neither, well... let me know ;) :geek:

Have fun :)
bug-i

Post by bug-i »

3Di wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:25 am If the EPOCH option doesn't fix that or DAE neither, well... let me know ;) :geek:
unfortunately both of them do not work. EPOCH doesnt help as the users are already in the list, but without trophy and DAE replaces the trophy with the the default avatar, but the users with no post in the last month still do not have a trophy or userpic. :?
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

The last link you gave me only showed the link to the hall of fame but I need access to the forum (normal user account) to better investigate. Else I can't be of any further help because I can't reproduce the issue and I don't have any other user here which can confirm this issue.

In my board it doesn't happen actually. :|

Those users without an avatar in the hall of fame do they have one visiting their profile/posts?
At which date they do posted lastly? Did you upgrade/update your board multiple times since?

Looking at the code it seems everything all right, I am curious though.

Thx for feedback. :)

Edit:
I tried with an old backup of mine and also there no probs, users who posted like "Last on: Sun May 29, 2016" or less are shown with avatar (trophy).
bug-i

Post by bug-i »

3Di wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:31 am At which date they do posted lastly?
Ages ago. Really ages, like years
3Di wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:31 am Did you upgrade/update your board multiple times since?
Yes, At least one or two times. I guess their last posts might be made with version phpBB 2, or even earlier.

So dont worry that much, this ist probably a very special case. I am fine even without the trophy :D

EDIT: I just checked, most of them, but not all. Some users have posted recently. Cant tell if they have visited their profile, but I assume that this was long time ago in every case.
bug-i

Post by bug-i »

Arrg. I've got the reason. They had really old userpics which are not available anymore. So instead of showing a "pic not available" nothing was displayed. So no issue for your extension, this is my housekeeping in their userprofiles. The pics might have gone during one of the several migrations or gone with the switch to https with that I only allow internal pics.
bug-i

Post by bug-i »

The last one - then I am done :D

Bug or feature, that in the hall of fame "Top Poster Of The Month - Hall Of Fame", percentage number and "with a total of xxx posts out of xxx (xx%) [updates every xx minutes]" have a different blue compared to prosilver? (Same as with the tiny trophy [which is now fixed])

EDIT: Almost :shock:
With one of the last versions of TPOTM does my shoutbox/chat does not work anymore.
I have tested now two different extensions and both are not working anymore as soon as I activate TPOTM

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _shoutbox/

Let me check with older version of TPOTM, then I can tell you which the last working version was

EDIT2: I have tracked it down: Release RC5 (inkluding fix) works togehter with mchat or shoutbox, RC6 and later not :cry:

Error with mChat btw. is "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data". I dont know which extension is the source of the errors, but as both chats are not working anymore it might be TPOTM (or all of them) :D
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

bug-i wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:59 am Hall Of Fame", percentage number and "with a total of xxx posts out of xxx (xx%) [updates every xx minutes]" have a different blue compared to prosilver?
In ./ext/threedi/tpotm/styles/prosilver/theme/tpotm.css

CSS classes .tpotm-head-text and .tpotm-div-1, defined color: blue;
bug-i wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:59 am Error with mChat btw. is "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data".
TPOTM doesn't make the use of Json atm, that's a prob exlained here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/181196
bug-i wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:59 am With one of the last versions of TPOTM does my shoutbox/chat does not work anymore.
Tested with the latest version of TPOTM 2.0.1-rc, I don't get issues so far:

Ok, thanks for testing, appreciated as usual. :)

In the future,
if someone believes TPOTM got a "bug" or an issue with some extension or vice-et-versa:

º 1 - have a look to their validated/support topic, use Search to see if the issue has been already dealt with.
º 2 - please post the exact steps to reproduce the glitch.

It is very time consuming to going through every extension and lurk at their own validated topics and codebase in order to blindly catch a possible issue and what not.

Thanks. :)
bug-i

Post by bug-i »

Hi there,
of course I searched their repository and couldnt find an answer. The linked error is not what I discover. Its not from time to time, the error appears permanent!

What I didnt mention earlier is, that the error at shoutbox is different compared to mchat - but you can see it perfectly at your screenshot: usually with the shoutbox the messages appear instantly after typing and pressing return. If TPOTM is activated too, then the message at shoutbox only appears after a page reload. Indicating, that something happens was just the infinite rotating circle at the top right corner of shoutbox.

So I still believe that it is related to TPOTM. I installed all three extensions (TPOTM, shoutbox and mchat at another server and still got the issue that TPOTM is not working together with mchat or shoutbox)

As I wrote earlier: Until RC5 of TPOTM shoutbox or mchat are working perfectly with TPOT, beginning with RC6 it does not anymore.

Return to “Extensions in Development”