[3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

[3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by Innavigable » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:41 am

Extension Name: Caramel
Author: Innavigable

Extension Description: Caramel creates a virtual cash system on your board. Users can earn points from actions that you configure.
Extension Version: 1.0.0 BETA

Features:
  • ACP-configurable cash system that allows users to earn and exchange points.
  • Increments configurable for new topics and posts.
  • Allows configuration of cash increments for individual forums.
  • Allows users to donate cash to other users.
  • MCP module for Managing User Cash.
  • UCP Donation Logs.
  • Configurable random bonus increments, with notifications.
  • Tip button on posts, allowing users to quickly donate to one another.
Screenshots: Imgur Album

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Extension Download: https://bitbucket.org/carsonk/caramel/get/beta.zip

To install, first drop contents to /ext/carsonk/caramel. The file ext.php should reside at that path. You then should be able to enable the extension under the Customize tab in the ACP.

Please let me know how you intend to use Caramel in your community, either in this thread or over PM. It helps me to know what to focus new feature development on. :D
Last edited by Innavigable on Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
eunaumtenhoid
Registered User
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am
Location: ????

Re: [BETA] [3.2] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by eunaumtenhoid » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Is it possible for one group to earn more points than the others? Like a VIP group?
do you intend to make a shop to buy some things with the points, such as name change, access to some forum, entry in some forum etc?
option to donate only with two conditions, if the user has fewer points than x or more points than x, is it possible?
Do you have the option to pay to post in a forum?
Do you have the idea to leave this ext compatible with others ?? as:

profile flair
Best Answer
Thanks for posts
Ultimate Teams
Paypal Donation

no more, nice job
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [BETA] [3.2] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by Innavigable » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm

tl;dr: If enough people have a desire for any specific feature addition, I'm fine with taking the time to add it.
eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm
Is it possible for one group to earn more points than the others? Like a VIP group?
Currently, no. It seems like a good idea. If enough people have this use case, it wouldn't take too long to add.
eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm
do you intend to make a shop to buy some things with the points, such as name change, access to some forum, entry in some forum etc?
Probably not for the name change. Previously when Caramel was around administrators would deduct the cash and then perform the name change. Automating this process is probably not worth the development time.

Paying for access to a group would be cool.
eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm
option to donate only with two conditions, if the user has fewer points than x or more points than x, is it possible?
Currently, no, but that's an interesting idea. Again, if this fit within enough people's use case I would be down with that.
eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm
Do you have the option to pay to post in a forum?
Not yet, but this would be neat.
eunaumtenhoid wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm
Do you have the idea to leave this ext compatible with others ??
When I built this extension a while ago, I had built a lottery extension that goes with this which I'll probably revisit at some point. In the case of integration with extensions that aren't mine, I think it would be on those particular extension authors to add Caramel support. They would just have to get an instance of caramel_manager and call the cash management functions.
Last edited by Innavigable on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
eunaumtenhoid
Registered User
Posts: 760
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am
Location: ????

Re: [BETA] [3.2] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by eunaumtenhoid » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:25 am

HUMM
COOL
waiting for new versions and RC version ty
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

User avatar
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 51391
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Contact:

Re: [BETA] [3.2] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by Brf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Innavigable wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Probably not for the name change. Previously when Caramel was around administrators would deduct the cash and then perform the name change. Automating this process is probably not worth the development time.
Back on my old phpBB-2 board, I had a function that let you change your name's display style. For a certain amount of points, you could change the main admin's name style. It was pink and flowery a few times...

NastyBoy
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm
Location: Germany
Name: Tim
Contact:

Re: [BETA] [3.2] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by NastyBoy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello
I wanted to install your Ext but I can not activate it must I create a new folder or rename the ext?

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [BETA] [3.2] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by Innavigable » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:06 pm

NastyBoy wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:38 pm
Hello
I wanted to install your Ext but I can not activate it must I create a new folder or rename the ext?
Sorry, yes, the contents must be dropped to /ext/carsonk/caramel. I'll make a note of that in the initial post.

NastyBoy
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm
Location: Germany
Name: Tim
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by NastyBoy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:17 pm

I have tested your ext now. That's very good at first sight. I would still wish that there are more points for other areas.
for example Points for registration, friend requests. There are still settings for notifications when you get points.
Note: The work data you can not delete gets a mistake

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by Innavigable » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:55 am

NastyBoy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:17 pm
I have tested your ext now. That's very good at first sight. I would still wish that there are more points for other areas.
for example Points for registration, friend requests. There are still settings for notifications when you get points.
Note: The work data you can not delete gets a mistake
How would you like points for friend requests to work?

I'm currently working on prices for posting topics or replies in specified forums.

NastyBoy
Registered User
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 7:03 pm
Location: Germany
Name: Tim
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by NastyBoy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 pm

So the points system should reward the activity of the user, but you should be able to spend the points then yes

User avatar
fliper4o
Registered User
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 pm
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by fliper4o » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:04 pm

NastyBoy wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 pm
So the points system should reward the activity of the user, but you should be able to spend the points then yes
>this.
I'm also interested on functionality of this ext.

Regards

Edit:
Trying to Delete data but..

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'id2327492_phpbb.phpbb_caramel_log' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SHOW COLUMNS FROM phpbb_caramel_log

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 996
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 193
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 885
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 902
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_list_columns()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 505
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_column_exists()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->perform_schema_changes()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 714
CALL: call_user_func_array()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 661
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->run_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 589
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 517
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_revert()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 488
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->revert_do()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/extension/base.php
LINE: 108
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->revert()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/carsonk/caramel/ext.php
LINE: 82
CALL: phpbb\extension\base->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/extension/manager.php
LINE: 359
CALL: carsonk\caramel\ext->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php
LINE: 304
CALL: phpbb\extension\manager->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 676
CALL: acp_extensions->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 82
CALL: p_master->load_active()
What to do now?

User avatar
fliper4o
Registered User
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 pm
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by fliper4o » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:36 am

Hey, can somebody help?
I've tried it on a live board 3.2.2 prosilver. ACP > Customise > Ext
Disabled Extensions
Caramel: Virtual Cash Extension 1.0.0 Details Enable | Delete data
Trying to delete data but...

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'id2327492_phpbb.phpbb_caramel_log' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SHOW COLUMNS FROM phpbb_caramel_log

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 996
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 193
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 885
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 902
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_list_columns()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 505
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_column_exists()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->perform_schema_changes()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 714
CALL: call_user_func_array()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 661
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->run_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 589
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 517
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_revert()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 488
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->revert_do()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/extension/base.php
LINE: 108
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->revert()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/carsonk/caramel/ext.php
LINE: 82
CALL: phpbb\extension\base->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/extension/manager.php
LINE: 359
CALL: carsonk\caramel\ext->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php
LINE: 304
CALL: phpbb\extension\manager->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 676
CALL: acp_extensions->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 82
CALL: p_master->load_active()
How can I delete the ext & it's data ?
Tried to FTP delete cache folder(folders in it & some files) and the ext/carsonk folder...
Image

thanks

Innavigable
Registered User
Posts: 93
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by Innavigable » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm

fliper4o wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:36 am
Hey, can somebody help?
I've tried it on a live board 3.2.2 prosilver. ACP > Customise > Ext
Disabled Extensions
Caramel: Virtual Cash Extension 1.0.0 Details Enable | Delete data
Trying to delete data but...

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'id2327492_phpbb.phpbb_caramel_log' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SHOW COLUMNS FROM phpbb_caramel_log

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 996
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 193
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 885
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 902
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_list_columns()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/tools/tools.php
LINE: 505
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->sql_column_exists()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: phpbb\db\tools\tools->perform_schema_changes()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 714
CALL: call_user_func_array()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 661
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->run_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 589
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 517
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->try_revert()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/migrator.php
LINE: 488
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->revert_do()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/extension/base.php
LINE: 108
CALL: phpbb\db\migrator->revert()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/carsonk/caramel/ext.php
LINE: 82
CALL: phpbb\extension\base->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/extension/manager.php
LINE: 359
CALL: carsonk\caramel\ext->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_extensions.php
LINE: 304
CALL: phpbb\extension\manager->purge_step()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 676
CALL: acp_extensions->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 82
CALL: p_master->load_active()
How can I delete the ext & it's data ?
Tried to FTP delete cache folder(folders in it & some files) and the ext/carsonk folder...
Image

thanks
I have this fixed on another branch. I'll get in merged in so you can update and do the deletion.

User avatar
fliper4o
Registered User
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 pm
Contact:

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by fliper4o » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:22 am

Innavigable wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm
I have this fixed on another branch. I'll get in merged in so you can update and do the deletion.
Yeah, thanks in advance.

Octopie
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:52 am

Re: [3.1][3.2][BETA] Caramel: Virtual Cash System

Post by Octopie » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

Great plugin you have going here.

I was wondering if the calculation includes all characters in a post? It would be great to disallow bbcodes to stop abuse. So that if someone made a rainbow text for a word, the bbcodes would inflate the earnings per post.

Post Reply

Return to “Extensions in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Roots and 25 guests