[3.2][3.3][BETA] Advanced Polls

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
daCaPo

Re: [3.2][BETA] Advanced Polls

Post by daCaPo »

Hi, I'm just trying to activate Advanced Polls on a forum running phpBB 3.2.3 with Clean-Boardz style. Configuration via ACP seemed to have worked like explained. However, not a single pixel of this MOD appears in the frontend of the post editor. Permissions seem ok. Any clue where to look for the bug?
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

cachete wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:53 pm Hey jasolo, can you please tell me where can i find the "variable" for "counting the number of voters".
I'm busy the rest of this week, just wait for the next one and I'll help you. ;)
daCaPo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 am Hi, I'm just trying to activate Advanced Polls on a forum running phpBB 3.2.3 with Clean-Boardz style. Configuration via ACP seemed to have worked like explained. However, not a single pixel of this MOD appears in the frontend of the post editor. Permissions seem ok. Any clue where to look for the bug?
I'll try the extension with that style to discard any incompatibility between them, but it will have to be next week. Meanwhile, can you try the extension with the default style of phpBB?
cachete

Post by cachete »

jasolo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:02 pm
cachete wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:53 pm Hey jasolo, can you please tell me where can i find the "variable" for "counting the number of voters".
I'm busy the rest of this week, just wait for the next one and I'll help you. ;)

ok, thank you! now i need to change to an "average" for each question BUT in the "view" right after when users submit their vote (not the hidden information when you click "view results").

This is a example:

i'll be waiting your response. I apreciate your time!
daCaPo

Post by daCaPo »

jasolo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:02 pm
daCaPo wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:53 am Hi, I'm just trying to activate Advanced Polls on a forum running phpBB 3.2.3 with Clean-Boardz style. Configuration via ACP seemed to have worked like explained. However, not a single pixel of this MOD appears in the frontend of the post editor. Permissions seem ok. Any clue where to look for the bug?
I'll try the extension with that style to discard any incompatibility between them, but it will have to be next week. Meanwhile, can you try the extension with the default style of phpBB?
I tried the style "prosilver", and the mod worked. Thus, the bug is obviously caused by the Clean-Boardz style. THX.
doelle4

Post by doelle4 »

What is the correct Install Folder? I cant install it
Installation: Copy the contents of the ZIP file to the ext folder of your phpBB forum. Then enable the extension 'Advanced Polls' in Manage extensions (CUSTOMISE tab) in the ACP.
At Zip File the Directory was "advancedpolls-master/advancedpolls-master"
If i copy the Files to Ext Folder, now the Path is ../ext/advancedpolls-master/advancedpolls-master
That works not

Rename to ../ext/advancedpolls/advancedpolls works also not..
The same with ../ext/jasoloz/advancedpolls works not

What is the correct ./ext/xxxDirectory to use this Extension?
Greetings Hans
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

It is ./ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls . Wolfsblvt is the original developer of this extension.
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

cachete wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:31 pm ok, thank you! now i need to change to an "average" for each question BUT in the "view" right after when users submit their vote (not the hidden information when you click "view results").

This is a example:

i'll be waiting your response. I apreciate your time!
Reviewing your posts I have found at least three screenshots and I think that you have solved some of them. Can you update your status?
cachete

Post by cachete »

Reviewing your posts I have found at least three screenshots and I think that you have solved some of them. Can you update your status?
Thx for you reply.

The status now is that i need to change the calculation to an "average" BUT in the "view" right after when users submit their vote (not when they click for more information. This is an example.

If im not explaining myself correctly please tell me and ill make you a video, i tried this for almost 3 weeks to fix this.
sebsom

Post by sebsom »

Thanks so much for this extensoin!
I extended the german translation. Where can I put it that everybody can use it?
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

jasolo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:28 pm<snip>

Language packs:
  • Complete translation: English, Spanish.
  • Incomplete or outdated translation: German, French, Hebrew, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish.
Translators, please, complete translations, and send PRs or language translations to be included.

<snip>
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

I’ll update the FRENCH translation in the next days. ;)
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
antier

Post by antier »

Happy New Year 2019 to everyone !

Glad to read that the development around this outstanding extension is going on...

But a question : should we consider at that time that it is in Beta version and therefore not (yet) official ?

Or can we use it without any problem (3.2.3) ?

Thanks for answer :)
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

I have not tested the extension in version 3.2.3 or later yet. :oops:
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Would be great if we had an option to edit an existing poll, by adding new options without reseting the poll. Missing that feature so much...
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Tarantino wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:14 pm Would be great if we had an option to edit an existing poll, by adding new options without reseting the poll. Missing that feature so much...
Not to be that person to just say +1, but...

+1

Return to “Extensions in Development”