[3.2][3.3][BETA] Advanced Polls

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
jacobsentertainment
Name: Olaf Jacobs

Re: [3.2][BETA] Advanced Polls

Post by jacobsentertainment »

Is there an option or work around to adjust/update an existing poll without loosing the poll data ?
And is there a way to make a poll template per forum ?
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

At the moment, the only option to adjust/update the poll data is editing the forum database. :( A new form would be necessary in order to modify an option, change its order o delete it.
jacobsentertainment
Name: Olaf Jacobs

Post by jacobsentertainment »

jasolo wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 pm
At the moment, the only option to adjust/update the poll data is editing the forum database. :( A new form would be necessary in order to modify an option, change its order o delete it.
Ok thanks Jasolo.
alwaysontheice

Post by alwaysontheice »

Getting an error on 3.3.0 when I activate the plugin (also posted to GitHub):

Code: Select all

phpBB encountered an error building the container due to an installed extension. For this reason, all extensions have been temporarily disabled. Please try purging your forum cache. All extensions will automatically be re-enabled once the container error is resolved. If this error continues, please visit phpBB.com for support.

Exception: The file "/home/redacted/phpbb3/ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/config/services.yml" does not contain valid YAML: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar at line 5 (near "- @wolfsblvt.advancedpolls.advancedpolls").

#0 /home/redacted/phpbb3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Loader/YamlFileLoader.php(117): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->loadFile('/home/redacted/...')
#1 /home/redacted/phpbb3/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(99): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Loader\YamlFileLoader->load('services.yml')
#2 /home/redacted/phpbb3/phpbb/extension/di/extension_base.php(63): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load_services(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationContainerBuilder))
#3 /home/redacted/phpbb3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(71): phpbb\extension\di\extension_base->load(Array, Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationContainerBuilder))
#4 /home/redacted/phpbb3/vendor/symfony/http-kernel/DependencyInjection/MergeExtensionConfigurationPass.php(39): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#5 /home/redacted/phpbb3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Compiler/Compiler.php(140): Symfony\Component\HttpKernel\DependencyInjection\MergeExtensionConfigurationPass->process(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#6 /home/redacted/phpbb3/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(789): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Compiler\Compiler->compile(Object(Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder))
#7 /home/redacted/phpbb3/phpbb/di/container_builder.php(203): Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\ContainerBuilder->compile()
#8 /home/redacted/phpbb3/common.php(115): phpbb\di\container_builder->get_container()
#9 /home/redacted/phpbb3/adm/index.php(23): require('/homeredacted/...')
Wolfsblvt#10 {main}
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

Yes, I am aware that the extension is incompatible with version 3.3 because of the error indicated in services.yml: The reserved indicator "@" cannot start a plain scalar; you need to quote the scalar. The fix consists on adding quotes to the elements with @, as for example, replacing - @user with - '@user' and so on). Also the items with '%' need quotes. This way the file services.yml will contain valid YAML. I need to do more checks before releasing a version compatible with 3.3, but that fix will allow you to do the same and found bugs I have not yet seen. ;)
BF79
Name: Fouad B

Post by BF79 »

Hello my friend its still beta for 3.2 ?? no RC !!
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

Although it is a fairly reliable extension, I have not made major changes with respect to the work of the previous programmer, so I am not sure of making the transition from beta to RC. Also this extension is my first contact with phpBB coding and surely some requirements are necessary to attain RC status, not because I say so. :mrgreen:
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

The pre-release of the version 1.2.4 can be downloaded from:
https://github.com/jasoloz/advancedpoll ... .1.2.4.zip

Install process: copy the contents of the ZIP file to the ext folder of your phpBB forum. Then enable the extension 'Advanced Polls' in Manage extensions (CUSTOMISE tab) in the ACP. This is a pre-release, so making a copy of your forum (files and database) is advised.

This version is compatible with the recent versions of phpBB: 3.2.9 and 3.3.0. Dutch and German files have been updated. The button to see poll voters even in not public polls (only moderators) now shows the info icon. The deprecated Subsilver2 style has been removed.
Aurelienazerty

Post by Aurelienazerty »

jasolo

Post by jasolo »

Maybe the problem is that the message "Your vote has been cast" appears below the "Submit vote" button during 5 seconds and then fades out, but that is the same behaviour with the default polls in phpBB. In Advanced Polls the code is located in line 95 of the file ext/wolfsblvt/advancedpolls/styles/prosilver/template/js/functions.js:

$(this).delay(5000).fadeOut(500, function () {
You can change the value 5000 by any number in milliseconds, for example, a minute is 60000 milliseconds.

That message has the class 'vote-submitted' and its size in the default Prosilver style is set in the file theme/content.css:

.vote-submitted {
	font-size: 1.2em;
	font-weight: bold;
	text-align: center;
} 
So another improvement you could try is a bigger font size and/or a flashy color.
Aurelienazerty

Post by Aurelienazerty »

Nothing change.

The beaviour :

Before voting :
Screenshot_2020-02-02 LAN'Iversaire 2020 - Team-Azerty.png
Screenshot_2020-02-02 LAN'Iversaire 2020 - Team-Azerty.png (2.87 KiB) Viewed 628 times
After voting :
Screenshot_2020-02-02 LAN'Iversaire 2020 - Team-Azerty(1).png
Screenshot_2020-02-02 LAN'Iversaire 2020 - Team-Azerty(1).png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 628 times
Nomber of vote don't change. But the name was adding.
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

Can you post here the content of the "Poll creation" tab?
boatbuilder2000
Name: John

Post by boatbuilder2000 »

As I also use these polls and am interested in any problems that might arise, I'd just like to make an observation. The 'before voting' also shows 7 votes although there are only 6 names. :?
Aurelienazerty

Post by Aurelienazerty »

jasolo wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:16 pm
Can you post here the content of the "Poll creation" tab?
Here you are :
Screenshot_2020-02-02 Team-Azerty - Modifier le message.png
jasolo

Post by jasolo »

I don't see the fieds 'Nombre maximum de votes' and 'Nombre total de votes' below 'Option(s) par utilizateur'. :!: Look at my panel (attached image).
Attachments
poll1.png

Return to “Extensions in Development”