[BETA] [3.2] Prime Notify

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
koraldon

Re: [BETA] [3.2] Prime Notify

Post by koraldon »

Thanks again for this extension :)
I wondered if it will be possible to truncate a message? currently I have users saying that sometimes they get a huge message in the mail. I think that the option to truncate after X characters will be great so the emails are not too long.
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

koraldon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 am Also can you add version check? Otherwise it is difficult to know when a new version is available.

p.s. How can I send translation?
I have added a version check and an option to truncate messages. Version 1.0.0-beta5 is now available. You can send a translations via private message or post them here. If it won't let you attach the files for some reason then let me know via private message and I'll give you my email address.
koraldon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:49 amI have encountered a bug - if the message includes emoji it crashes when trying to send the notification.
I have tried many, many times using all the emojis available and never had a problem. You'll have to be a lot more specific to see if I can replicate your exact circumstance.
Ken F. Innes IV
My Extensions | My MODs | My Topics | My Site: Absolute Anime
Experience the wonder of Japanese Animation!
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

primehalo wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:51 am
koraldon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:49 amI have encountered a bug - if the message includes emoji it crashes when trying to send the notification.
I have tried many, many times using all the emojis available and never had a problem. You'll have to be a lot more specific to see if I can replicate your exact circumstance.
While I dont use emojies on my web site, just the standard smilies, I did try it on my test board and I did not have any issues either. You need to more specific when you say something crashed as phpbb doesnt really crash, it either works or it doesnt and when it doesnt it will give you some kind of error as to what the problem is as to why it stopped working so you can fix it.
koraldon

Post by koraldon »

I have tried to re-create the issue but failed. If I will encounter it again, I will make sure to remember what caused it.
Thanks
masing

Post by masing »

Hi primehalo,
many thanks for porting prime notify to phpbb version 3.2.2. It´s a very important feature in our forum.

We have encountered only one problem so far:
In the user control panel > edit user notification options it´s not possible to activate some of the checkboxes (marked yellow in the screenshot).
You can select them but after "submit" and reloading the page the checkboxes are unselected again.https://share.ard-zdf-box.de/s/bHmgwMpb6bTawmC Both checkboxes for "notications" and "email" are affected and this behavior is independent from the prime notify settings in ACP.
If you disable prime notify everything works as expected.
Are we doing something wrong or is it a bug?

We´re using phpbb v3.2.2 and prime notify beta 6
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

I haven't had this issue. Did anything go wrong during the install? Did this always happen since it was first installed?

Can you inspect the source of the checkboxes to see what they are named? They should be named primehalo.primenotify.notification.type.[something]. Also, perhaps check the usernotifications table in your database to see if the notifications have this name.
Ken F. Innes IV
masing

Post by masing »

Thanks for your reply.
primehalo wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:55 am Did anything go wrong during the install? Did this always happen since it was first installed?
As far as I can see the installation went well and yes, the checkbox-problem is there since day one.
Can you inspect the source of the checkboxes to see what they are named? They should be named primehalo.primenotify.notification.type.[something]. Also, perhaps check the usernotifications table in your database to see if the notifications have this name.
Will do!
masing

Post by masing »

I´ve checked the items you mentioned. The non-working checkboxes are all named primehalo.primenotify.notification.type.[something]
The working checkboxes are named phpBB [something]
And the notification_type in the db is set.

There seems to be a template-html ucp_prefs_personal_append.html which is doing the UCP integration. Maybe there is something gone wrong?
If I look at the screens in your inital post for example, there are some extra options in the UCP if the global settings of prime notify are set to "users choice". These options are not present in our board....
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

The user preferences are stored in the config table, can you check your phpBB's config database table and see if the primenotify_always_send, primenotify_enable_pm, primenotify_enable_post, and primenotify_keep_bbcodes entries are in it?
Ken F. Innes IV
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

[Deleted - Posted in the wrong thread]
Last edited by primehalo on Fri May 25, 2018 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ken F. Innes IV
masing

Post by masing »

primehalo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 pm I'd second that.
Uh? You´d second what? That something with the installation has gone wrong?
Sorry, what exactly do you mean? :oops:
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Sorry, that post was meant for a different thread. Not sure how I accidentally posted it here.
Ken F. Innes IV
NastyBoy
Name: Tim

Post by NastyBoy »

It's all about the settings, what exactly does it do when you set to "All I've currently set to Users Choice only
primehalo
Former Team Member

Post by primehalo »

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question.
Ken F. Innes IV
NastyBoy
Name: Tim

Post by NastyBoy »

Can you explain the difference in my settings? And what Ext does with every shot.

Return to “Extensions in Development”