[3.2][RC] Highlight Posts ⚡️

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: [3.2][RC] Highlight Posts ⚡️

Post by 3Di »

Hervé wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:44 am
In Wiki ACP-Forums I read "By default Highlight Posts is enabled on all forums"
Typo, that's is NOT enabled etc.. - WIKI updated, thanks. ;)
Hervé wrote:
Here below you may chose to have the icon(s) on both locations simultaneously ...
Location of “mark read” icon : Within the posting buttons Oui Non
Location of “mark read” icon : In the miniprofile next to posts Oui Non
2020-04-29 09_48_47-80546771-d6dbbe80-89b6-11ea-82ae-a385bbd477c8.png (immagine PNG, 583 × 354 pixel.png
Hervé wrote:
Is there a way to enable it by default not to be obliged to modify them one by one ?
No, that's it by design.
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
Hervé
Name: Rudy

Post by Hervé »

Now that the extension is enabled on one forum, I see the eyes icon
  • as moderator I see the orange eye "see who have marked as read" even if the post has not been marked as read;
  • as other user I see an icon allowing to set the post as read or not.
Is it the way it works for this moment ?

How do you intend to modify the logic ?
What I'm looking for
  • moderator see an eye indicating if the post has bee read by a(nother) moderator; clicking the eye set the post as read;
    option : list of who has marked the post as read;
  • other users don't see anything.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Have you read my previous post(s)? :?
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Hervé

Post by Hervé »

Yes of course but am not sure to understand
the actual code doesn't show 2 icons ... so I have modified the logic here in my development environment to include this feature.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

It's irrelevant.

What we can do without disturbing the work of our sponsor who paid for this extension and was kind enough to make it public, we do.

It means that in order to see who has marked as already read (between moderators or administrators and after having executed my instructions regarding permissions) you will eventually have to click on the orange icon or maybe not, maybe it will be possible to add an extra icon.

One thing is sure, we will not modify the present behaviour to fit YOUR needs, we will see what is best to do. :)

Being a free extension you will have to either settle for it or wait to see your request fulfilled, unless you explicitly request paid changes in the Wanted! forum. A custom modificaton to any of our extension can be done.

Have a nice day.

Hervé

Post by Hervé »

OK, thanks, waiting for the new version.
Hervé

Post by Hervé »

Hi,
We are now using Higlight post, it works fine as it is except one point : when we higlight a post we are obliged to let a comment; if the comment is left blank the post is not hilighted.
Is there a way to remove this requirement i.e. highlight a post simply by clicking on the star ?
Thanks.

3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Hervé wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 2:49 pm
Hi,
We are now using Higlight post, it works fine as it is except one point : when we higlight a post we are obliged to let a comment; if the comment is left blank the post is not hilighted.
Is there a way to remove this requirement i.e. highlight a post simply by clicking on the star ?
Thanks.

No.

That would be defeating the purpose of this extension.
How can you highlight a post if not a reason is given? ;) :lol:

Hervé

Post by Hervé »

I don't want to highlight a post, I want to show it has been read.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

I want to be 20 years old, unfortunately I am 56.

Hervé

Post by Hervé »

In this therad Who Read What I asked you if it was possible to add in each post a flag indicating that the post has been read by a moderator.
You replied "No but this extension can be used together with this one [3.2][RC] Highlight Posts which adds that button there and many more."
So I tried "Highlight Posts" but then a comment is mandatory : I don't have a reason to add a comment to each post I read.

I'm still looking for an extension which adds on each post a button visible only by the moderators, button which changes its shape when a(nother) moderator has clicked on it, or, better, automatically as in "Who Read What".

By the way I'm 68.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

My friend, you seems to me you got lost here?
Hervé wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:48 am
OK, thanks, waiting for the new version.
I am aware of your expectations you know, so what all of this is about sorry?

As I said here - I will quote it again. So please do not reiterate what you already stated/asked for.. because the answer it is still the same.
3Di wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:34 am
It's irrelevant.

What we can do without disturbing the work of our sponsor who paid for this extension and was kind enough to make it public, we do.

It means that in order to see who has marked as already read (between moderators or administrators and after having executed my instructions regarding permissions) you will eventually have to click on the orange icon or maybe not, maybe it will be possible to add an extra icon.

One thing is sure, we will not modify the present behaviour to fit YOUR needs, we will see what is best to do. :)

Being a free extension you will have to either settle for it or wait to see your request fulfilled, unless you explicitly request paid changes in the Wanted! forum. A custom modificaton to any of our extension can be done.

Have a nice day.
I hope all of this is MORE clear now. :)

BF79
Name: Fouad B

Post by BF79 »

permission ok and forums ok too

what require to have highlight posts ??

I have eye icon but no star icon !!! its comes with lot of view or reply ???? :!:
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

See first post for the WIKI (sec. permissions and moderators) where it is all explained, take your time and read it, thanks.

Return to “Extensions in Development”