[3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
hurghanico

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by hurghanico » Tue May 08, 2018 7:50 pm

P98156 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:29 pm
hurghanico wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:54 am
I tried RC3, but I got the following error:

Something went wrong during the request and an exception was thrown. The changes made before the error occurred were reversed to the best of our abilities, but you should check the board for errors.

A module already exists: PRIVACY_POLICY
Deleting the related entries in the MODULES database table fixes this issue. I encountered the same issue and was only able to fix it this way.
Now the RC3 works fine.
Thanks for the advice but I could not find those entries you're talking about ..
I tried to do a search based on the text contained in all the files of the site without success..

in which file did you find them and in which folder?

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:50 pm

hurghanico wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:50 pm
Thanks for the advice but I could not find those entries you're talking about ..
You delete them from the ACP > System > Module management > ACP then drill down until you find them.

(Incidentally this is caused by a bug in phpBB and nothing to do with the extension)
Froddelaar wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm
Every-time when I go to my "portal" page I need to accept the terms over and over again. (Board3 portal)
I do not know how the portal works so I cannot help in that respect
Froddelaar wrote:
The terms are also not showing everything. It starts with:
" In addition to the above .. " But there is nothing above, the above text is missing.
I suspect that may be connected to your portal.
Froddelaar wrote:
There also seems to be a "cache" problem, when I disable the ext and delete data, then go back to my homepage I see: This page doesn't exist. My homepage redirects to https://www.muziekpromo.net/privacypolicy/policy instead of https://www.muziekpromo.net. I needed to clear my whole browser cache to fix it.
My guess would be that that is being caused by some other extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm

david63 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:50 pm
Froddelaar wrote:
Every-time when I go to my "portal" page I need to accept the terms over and over again. (Board3 portal)
I do not know how the portal works so I cannot help in that respect
I'm not the only one with that problem, I saw on another forum without a portal there was a user that had the same problem.

RC-1 was working great, these problems came with RC.3
Register a free account & Play!!
~~~ https://www.solidjeuh.be ~~~
Have a secret? --> https://www.tellyoursecrets.eu

lopoto

Post by lopoto » Tue May 08, 2018 9:23 pm

what will be a surprise in the final version :mrgreen:

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico » Tue May 08, 2018 9:26 pm

david63 wrote:
hurghanico wrote:
You delete them from the ACP > System > Module management > ACP then drill down until you find them.

(Incidentally this is caused by a bug in phpBB and nothing to do with the extension)
Good info, thank you..

so under ACP -> Extensions -> PRIVACY_POLICY
I found these 2 entries:
PRIVACY_POLICY_MANAGE
PRIVACY_POLICY_EDIT

are those 2 entries above here that I have to delete?..

by logic it seems so to me, but given that I'm afraid to harm my board, I'm asking here just to stay on the safe side..
thanks in advance for your time

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady » Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm

If someone needs it - here the updated German language files for RC3 (2018-05-08)

https://github.com/Scanialady/david63-privacypolicy
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 » Tue May 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Scanialady wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:43 pm
If someone needs it - here the updated German language files for RC3 (2018-05-08)

https://github.com/Scanialady/david63-privacypolicy
Yery Funny.

I have translated too :lol:

Ok ladies first.... :geek:

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico » Tue May 08, 2018 10:46 pm

david63 wrote:
hurghanico wrote:

Ok, as suggested I erased all the privacy policy entries in the module management database:
these 2 children entries:
PRIVACY_POLICY_MANAGE
PRIVACY_POLICY_EDIT
and ACP -> Extensions -> PRIVACY_POLICY

I enabled again the Privacy Policy RC3 ext. and I got again an error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpbb\module\exception\module_exception' with message 'CANNOT_REMOVE_MODULE' in /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/module/module_manager.php:448 Stack trace: #0 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(420): phpbb\module\module_manager->delete_module(262, 'acp') #1 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->remove('acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'PRIVACY_POLICY') #2 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/db/migration/tool/module.php(454): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 [internal function]: phpbb\db\migration\tool\module->reverse('add', 'acp', 'ACP_CAT_DOT_MOD...', 'PRIVACY_POLICY') #4 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/db/migrator.php(714): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #5 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/db/migrator.php(683): phpbb\db\migrator->run_step(Array, false, true) #6 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/db/migrator.php(436): phpbb\db\migrator->process_data_step(Array, Array) #7 /membri/all in /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/module/module_manager.php on line 448

david63

Post by david63 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:20 am

Froddelaar wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 9:01 pm
I'm not the only one with that problem, I saw on another forum without a portal there was a user that had the same problem.
I cannot recreate that behaviour on a vanilla install of phpBB 3.2.2
hurghanico wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:46 pm
That error is because the extension found another error when it was installing and was trying to reverse the install (again this is caused by the current bug in phpBB).

Apart from the modules in the ACP (which you will have to remove again - sorry) there are also some modules under "Users and Groups" that need removing.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico » Thu May 10, 2018 1:09 am

david63 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:20 am
hurghanico wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:46 pm
That error is because the extension found another error when it was installing and was trying to reverse the install (again this is caused by the current bug in phpBB).

Apart from the modules in the ACP (which you will have to remove again - sorry) there are also some modules under "Users and Groups" that need removing.
Just for the record, after I removed 2 more entries under "Users and Groups" my board broke, and I couldn't anymore reach the site or the ACP..

I spent almost the whole day very angry with myself trying to resurrect the forum, and in the end I succeeded, but it was not easy since I am still a novice in this field, and I have still a lot to learn.

Luckily I had a full file backup (made 2-3 days ago) of the full forum site on my PC and so I uploaded it on my host to replace everything, but it didn't still solve the site block, so I decided to reinstall the phpBB 3.2.2 system but only as an update, basically updating only the database, and that was the winning move.

The fault of what happened is mine and mine alone, and anyway in the misadventure at least I learned other things that I did not know before, and all is well that ends well.

I realize that my site is not really suitable for testing, so I think from now on I will avoid installing again extensions still in development and not fully tested.

However I really want to thank all those who have tried to help me, even if in the end I was unlucky, (I will not try again the same route).
Good luck!

jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:33 am

Hello David. Thanks for the extension. After the German language file is now online, I have this installed in my forum. I am very satisfied and happy about all the additional features.

Wes of StarArmy

Post by Wes of StarArmy » Thu May 10, 2018 2:17 pm

I just want to thank you for all the work you've been putting into this extension and making sure it's good to go before the GDPR takes effect. You're giving a lot of forum owners more peace of mind and also helping keep forum users informed about their rights/data.

So, a big thanks to you.

Leinad4Mind
Translator

Post by Leinad4Mind » Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Well, this doesnt cover gdpr at all but well at least someone spend his time trying it. Thnks for effort.
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator

david63

Post by david63 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Leinad4Mind wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm
this doesnt cover gdpr at all
Perhaps you would like to expand on that rather than just post a glib comment.
David

cyrilca

Post by cyrilca » Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 pm

Hi David,

Thank you very much for the time you invested in this extension! I am in the process of testing the RC3 on my local test board, and I have a few comments:
- When a user data is displayed by your extension, it seems that all custom fields that I have created are ignored. I have created an optional custom profile field that, indeed, contains data linked to the user's identity, and it would be desirable to have this field displayed so my users are reminded of its existence
- As a user, I can correctly display all my personal data in my UCP, including all IP addresses I have used. However, if I want to display the data of another user in the ACP, all my IP addresses are shown. All other profile data are correct. I do not know if this is only on my test board or if it can be reproduced on yours.
- As I mentioned in a PM to another user, it is possible to completely block user registration for visitors outside of the EU with the "wrong" options: e.g. if I require the cookie policy to be accepted before registering ... when the cookie popup is only shown to EU-based IP addresses :lol:
- Finally, to my knowledge the cookie popup can only be shown on the top part of the pages, as opposed to previously in RC1 where I could choose between bottom left and bottom right. Is it a deliberate choice?

Thank you very much for your work!

Cyril

PS: I am working on a French translation that I will make available once I am done

Return to “Extensions in Development”