[3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
fabioganga

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by fabioganga » Wed May 30, 2018 10:46 am

Hi again David,

Today, something weird has happened to my forum (it is still down for maintenance whilst I work on the privacy policies). All of a sudden, the request to accept the Privacy GDPR does not work anymore, even if it is enabled in the settings.

The only thing that has changed between last night (when everything worked perfectly) and today has been that I have enabled full text search. No styles, no other extensions have been installed at all.

I have asked a couple of friends of mine to try to register and they do not see the privacy acceptance page at all.

I have also cleaned the cache and reset the sessions, unfortunately all to no avail.

Any suggestions, please?

Thanks.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:59 am

fabioganga wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:46 am
Any suggestions, please?
You could try disabling and re-enabling (do not delete data) - although why rebuilding the search index would cause that to happen I cannot imagine.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

fabioganga

Post by fabioganga » Wed May 30, 2018 11:04 am

david63 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:59 am
fabioganga wrote:
Any suggestions, please?
You could try disabling and re-enabling (do not delete data) - although why rebuilding the search index would cause that to happen I cannot imagine.
Thanks! Sorry David, I should have said that in my post. I have also tried to disable it, clean cache and sessions again, log back in and re-enable it to no avail.

Is there anywhere I can look at in the database to check that the GDPR Policy acceptance has been stored? I mean, if I select "enable GDPR" and then submit the changes it must store it somewhere in the database. Where would that be? It's just an idea....

Thanks.

fabioganga

Post by fabioganga » Wed May 30, 2018 11:29 am

In addition, it is very strange that the members that have already accepted previously the Privacy policies can click on the link at the bottom to read the policies again, whilst a new member who wants to register can't see either the acceptance or can read the policies at all as clicking on the link at the bottom of the page wouldn't work for him.

david63

Post by david63 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:09 pm

fabioganga wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:04 am
Is there anywhere I can look at in the database to check that the GDPR Policy acceptance has been stored?
That is in the config table
fabioganga wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:29 am
In addition, it is very strange that the members that have already accepted previously the Privacy policies can click on the link at the bottom to read the policies again, whilst a new member who wants to register can't see either the acceptance or can read the policies at all as clicking on the link at the bottom of the page wouldn't work for him.
I have noticed this on occasions and I think that there may be a problem in that area but I have never been able top track it down.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

david63

Post by david63 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:58 pm

fabioganga wrote:
The only thing that has changed between last night (when everything worked perfectly) and today has been that I have enabled full text search. No styles, no other extensions have been installed at all.
Out of interest, which variant "full text" search did you go from and to.

I have just tried rebuilding index and there are no issues with this, or as far as I can see, any other extensions. I really cannot see how rebuilding the index could possibly cause any problems as there is no connection with this extension and the search index. There has to be some other reason.
David

fabioganga

Post by fabioganga » Wed May 30, 2018 3:55 pm

david63 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:58 pm
fabioganga wrote:
Out of interest, which variant "full text" search did you go from and to.

I have just tried rebuilding index and there are no issues with this, or as far as I can see, any other extensions. I really cannot see how rebuilding the index could possibly cause any problems as there is no connection with this extension and the search index. There has to be some other reason.
Hi again , I used the MySQL full text search and then I reindexed.

Silly me... the reason why the privacy policy was not working was that the forum was still disabled.... oops!!! (I blush in shame).

May I please ask if you confirm that the following sequence is right for a NEW REGISTRATION?

1) Accept Cookie Policy

2) Accept Rules of the Forum

3) Registration and email validation of the address entered

4) Acceptance of the GDPR at first login.

Many thanks again, much appreciated.

TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:30 pm

warmweer wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:27 am

It's not the first time you forum has been offline because you did not test your changes on a copy of your live forum.
Not true

KinGWoK

Post by KinGWoK » Wed May 30, 2018 4:52 pm

The date of accepting is the 25 of may 2018, so that's not the problem, all my users have the same problem, even when they have accepted....
mdkdio wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:31 pm
KinGWoK wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:02 pm
@david63, can you please help me out here..... ???

Kind Regards,

KinGWoK wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:22 pm
Hi,

I have a strange thing going on, with the ext.

When I open a link in a forum email (my own forum, with admin status) , and I want to reply the topic, it shows a popup saying, that I didn't accepted the cookie policy, can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong, maybe a setting is set wrong ??

Thanks..
Hi KinGWoK

Check if you have accepted the Privacy Policy/GDPR under UCP - User Data
You should see a line, something like "Date of accepting..."

If that is not set with a date. Accept the policy :)

You can also check this in ACP
ACP - Users And Groups - Privacy Data
Enter your username in the search field. Check if you are listed with "Date of accepting..." including a date.

/mdkdio

mdkdio

Post by mdkdio » Wed May 30, 2018 7:19 pm

KinGWoK wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:52 pm
The date of accepting is the 25 of may 2018, so that's not the problem, all my users have the same problem, even when they have accepted....
mdkdio wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:31 pm
KinGWoK wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:02 pm
@david63, can you please help me out here..... ???

Kind Regards,

KinGWoK wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:22 pm
Hi,

I have a strange thing going on, with the ext.

When I open a link in a forum email (my own forum, with admin status) , and I want to reply the topic, it shows a popup saying, that I didn't accepted the cookie policy, can someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong, maybe a setting is set wrong ??

Thanks..
Hi KinGWoK

Check if you have accepted the Privacy Policy/GDPR under UCP - User Data
You should see a line, something like "Date of accepting..."

If that is not set with a date. Accept the policy :)

You can also check this in ACP
ACP - Users And Groups - Privacy Data
Enter your username in the search field. Check if you are listed with "Date of accepting..." including a date.

/mdkdio
Hmm, that is odd... But I only tried with PM notification e-mail
I'll try with a topic update notification as well in a bit...

Edit:
Tested the links received via email. I have no problems replying to post without having to accept any GDPR or Cookie policy, click on reply button or "post" reply (both working as supposed to). (Of course I have accepted these policies before doing this)

/mdkdio

nikolast

Post by nikolast » Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 pm

Hi, first thanks for this extension :)

I have one problem, some of my users didn't accepted policy, but they are using forum and posting. One of them told us that he didn't have to accept anything.

Do you know maybe what is the problem? Thank you

david63

Post by david63 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:10 am

nikolast wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 pm
Hi, first thanks for this extension :)

I have one problem, some of my users didn't accepted policy, but they are using forum and posting. One of them told us that he didn't have to accept anything.

Do you know maybe what is the problem? Thank you
Have you set "Force Privacy acceptance" to Yes?
David

david63

Post by david63 » Thu May 31, 2018 7:14 am

fabioganga wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:55 pm
May I please ask if you confirm that the following sequence is right for a NEW REGISTRATION?

1) Accept Cookie Policy

2) Accept Rules of the Forum

3) Registration and email validation of the address entered

4) Acceptance of the GDPR at first login.
Not quite - a new user will already have accepted the policy so step 4 will not apply.
David

leschek

Post by leschek » Thu May 31, 2018 11:51 am

Can I have a question or two about default wording of GDPR? I'm trying to translate it for my board and I would like to have it correctly. I know I can change it as I want, but I want be sure I understand the meaning of it.
Your information for your account at %sitename% is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us.
How user can know where the site is hosted? In my case I have Czech board for Czech people, but I have hosting in Canada. Is it mean that user information is protected by laws in Canada?
Furthermore we will store all of the IP address that you use to post with.
Is somewhere an option to delete IPs? And why phpBB store it?

david63

Post by david63 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:58 am

All I have done is to provide some basic information to get you started
leschek wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 11:51 am
How user can know where the site is hosted? In my case I have Czech board for Czech people, but I have hosting in Canada. Is it mean that user information is protected by laws in Canada?
Only you would know the answer to that
leschek wrote:
Is somewhere an option to delete IPs?
No, but I have added an option in the next release to anonymise the IPs on posts which if is enabled then that wording would probably need changing.
leschek wrote:
And why phpBB store it?
Don't ask me - I only process what data is there
David

Return to “Extensions in Development”