[3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
tojag
Name: Gregory

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by tojag » Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 am

David, have you considered such a case that someone just wants to browse the forum and does not want to accept cookies? The extension does not allow you to opt out of cookies and to use the site passively - without logging in. A significant part of the traffic, and perhaps more comes from readers who do not have an account on the forum, but only want to read. phpBB works properly without logging in without using cookies. When someone has blocked cookies in your browser and visits a forum with your extension, they will not be able to view it even if they click [accept]. Try to block cookies in your browser and enter the forum provided in the previous post https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org

Of course you can leave it this way, but maybe there is some way to block phpBB cookies by adding the [do not accept] button.
I am currently looking for the right solution in Joomla because they have not yet prepared a new version compatible with GDPR. I found a plugin that blocks Joomla's own and external cookies using PHP Reflection. I do not know what PHP Reflection is, maybe it's useful for that.
In addition, this plugin records every consent to cookies in a separate table (IP, time, accept). Maybe it is unnecessary but we probably need to register these consents.

Regards

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico » Sat May 19, 2018 12:23 pm

tojag wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 am
David, have you considered such a case that someone just wants to browse the forum and does not want to accept cookies? The extension does not allow you to opt out of cookies and to use the site passively - without logging in. A significant part of the traffic, and perhaps more comes from readers who do not have an account on the forum, but only want to read. phpBB works properly without logging in without using cookies. When someone has blocked cookies in your browser and visits a forum with your extension, they will not be able to view it even if they click [accept]. Try to block cookies in your browser and enter the forum provided in the previous post https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org

Of course you can leave it this way, but maybe there is some way to block phpBB cookies by adding the [do not accept] button.
I am currently looking for the right solution in Joomla because they have not yet prepared a new version compatible with GDPR. I found a plugin that blocks Joomla's own and external cookies using PHP Reflection. I do not know what PHP Reflection is, maybe it's useful for that.
In addition, this plugin records every consent to cookies in a separate table (IP, time, accept). Maybe it is unnecessary but we probably need to register these consents.

Regards
Regarding my board https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org I've set the options given by the extension to make the board behaving as you reported

tlem
Name: Thierry

Post by tlem » Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi hurghanico. It seems that there is a problem with your site.
We just see "I accept" for cookie policy !
I test it with Firefox, Edge and IE, same for all.
I can't join a capture so sorry to use that : https://goopics.net/i/9VqG3

Acorn

Post by Acorn » Sat May 19, 2018 12:53 pm

If you scroll down it appears - it looks as though altervista have a promo thingy that goes on top of everything else at the top of the page.
Getting braver all the time. :D

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico » Sat May 19, 2018 12:58 pm

tlem wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 pm
Hi hurghanico. It seems that there is a problem with your site.
We just see "I accept" for cookie policy !
I test it with Firefox, Edge and IE, same for all.
I can't join a capture so sorry to use that : https://goopics.net/i/9VqG3
Yes I'm aware of that issue.. thanks fo reporting..

actually if you scroll down a little the page you can see the full policy banner..

Unfortunately the banner of the site hosting company is forcibly in the foreground, and I can not do anything to put it in the background..
If there were the option to put the privacy policy banner on the bottom would be a welcome feature

tlem

Post by tlem » Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Tanks for the tip.

@David63
To avoid this kind of inconvenience, would not it be wise for the privacy policy banner to be in the middle of the window or much bigger?
by default, phpBB 3.2 now displays a cookie banner at the bottom of the screen like hurghanico said it will be wiser (advertising banners are rarely at the bottom of the page).

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:08 pm

You can all ask as much as you want but this extension is now feature frozen and will only get bug fixes - sorry but I have a life and I want to resume it
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

tlem

Post by tlem » Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm

It is quite natural and understandable.

Personally, I do not have this problem, because there is no advertising on my forums, but this improvement would make it comply with the phpBB graphic charter. Here's what phpBB displays by default for cookies : https://goopics.net/i/mgvJk
I find this banner "more readable". But maybe it is not phpBB that does this because in my case it refers me to the site of the CNIL ....

Anyway, thanks again for the great work done.

PS : I still do not know how to offer you a good beer. :mrgreen:

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:08 pm

tlem wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm
a good beer
Didn't know you had "good" beer in France :lol: :lol: :lol:
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Sat May 19, 2018 3:15 pm

I had to delete this ext. The portal keeps redirecting to the Privacy Policy. After clearing the cache 5 times + browser cache & cookies the remains. Also users have to keep accepting the policy.. very irritating. i'm using an alternative now. sorry.. ;) But I will keep the NL translation up-to-date.

tlem

Post by tlem » Sat May 19, 2018 4:01 pm

david63 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 3:08 pm
Didn't know you had "good" beer in France :lol: :lol: :lol:
you'r right. :lol:

But I live in Bordeaux, so if it makes you happy, I have good wine.
This evening, I cook grills. I would open a bottle just for you, you're welcome. 8-)

Edit : @Froddelaar
And if you disable "Block all links"?
Last edited by tlem on Sat May 19, 2018 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:34 pm

tlem wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 4:01 pm
But I live in Bordeaux, so if it makes you happy, I have good wine.
Now you're talking my language :D
David

tlem

Post by tlem » Sat May 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Hihihi. I'm waiting for you.

Is it normal to be unable to set the font size for the cookie acceptance text?
"This board uses cookies to give you the best and most relevant experience. To use this board this means that you need accept the policy.
You can find out more about the cookies used by clicking the "Cookie policy" on the main page or the link below."

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico » Sat May 19, 2018 8:14 pm

I uninstalled the extension since my board broke again giving the following (usual) error as soon as I purged the site cache, but this time no refresh/reloading the page several times fixed the issue:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'Invalid repository file' in /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/BBCodes/Configurator/Repository.php:30 Stack trace: #0 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/BBCodes/Configurator/RepositoryCollection.php(22): s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\BBCodes\Configurator\Repository->__construct('/membri/allabou...', Object(s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\BBCodes\Configurator\BBCodeMonkey)) #1 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(7374): s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\BBCodes\Configurator\RepositoryCollection->normalizeValue('/membri/allabou...') #2 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(7344): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Collections\NormalizedCollection->set('default', '/membri/allabou...') #3 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/BBCodes/Configurator.php(37): s9e\TextF in /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Plugins/BBCodes/Configurator/Repository.php on line 30

it toke time to resurrect it again..

I have not yet figured out what the real problem is and what triggers it (at this point I wonder also if this phpBB 3.2.2 is really a good and reliable platform or not), and there's this damned recurring fatal error apparently related to the uninstalled s9e media embed extension that haunts me, and my patience at the moment is over again..

after all the cookie privacy policy already included into the phpBB might suffice like it is for now.. we will see..

maybe I'll try again this privacy policy extension when the final stable version will be released

nou nou

Post by nou nou » Sat May 19, 2018 9:36 pm

You're not using cloudflare or something by chance?

Return to “Extensions in Development”