[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
ammar rauf

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by ammar rauf »

Thank you so much, Froddelaar, janus_zonstraal, david63 sir my problem is resolved :D
david63

Post by david63 »

bisus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:10 pm Now shouldn't we also hide info such as city or nationality being those personal info
That is up to you as board Admin - the tools to do that have always been available in phpBB.
bisus wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 6:10 pm I've noticed that this extension disable also few personal info from the profile but does not hide those from existing users
This extension does not disable anything
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
gambr

Post by gambr »

Hmmm ... but what if my forum runs engine 3.1.x?

Regards,
Gianni
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

gambr wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 8:58 pm Hmmm ... but what if my forum runs engine 3.1.x?

Regards,
Gianni
There isn't support for phpbb3.1 after June 2018, so best to update to 3.2.x
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
mdkdio

Post by mdkdio »

I am getting there, even if the UCP tab is still missing...

Searching through the database, I stumbled upon this....

phpbb_modules - module_basename
For module_base ucp I find nothing of info. Shouldn't there be something there? Everything related to ACP has info.

Could someone help me here with what is supposed to be in the DB under phpbb_modules - module_basename?

Thanks a mill in advance!

/mdkdio
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thanks for this useful extension.
Here is some feedback:
  1. in UCP and ACP (in Privacy details for...) - I believe that language keys for "Occupation", "Location", "Interests" etc. are loaded from phpBB language files, but they are shown in English even if I switch board to my language.
  2. in UCP - must the version of extension be visible in UCP? It's great for admin to know what version he/she is using, but I don't think normal users need to know it. The probably don't know that it is not part of board, but extension. BTW, does background colour under version number have any meaning (as in case of yes/no options in ACP)? I just thought my version of extension is outdated, because it is red, but I didn't find newer version.
  3. Policy texts are hard coded (and editable in ACP which is great) - I think those texts should be in language files (as is text for first topic, when you install new phpBB). How user who doesn't speak English should know what is it about?
  4. In ACP - I think it would be clearer, if fields with colour codes have frame - at least the "#FFFFFF" ones. At first I didn't know where to click when I red "Click in the box to select a colour"
david63

Post by david63 »

leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am in UCP and ACP (in Privacy details for...) - I believe that language keys for "Occupation", "Location", "Interests" etc. are loaded from phpBB language files, but they are shown in English even if I switch board to my language.
No - they are, or at least should be, the entries for the user's language that are in the CPF lang table.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am in UCP - must the version of extension be visible in UCP?
Yes - that is there for troubleshooting purposes. If you don't want it then you could edit the template to remove it.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am BTW, does background colour under version number have any meaning
Not really. I was trying to mimic io shields
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am Policy texts are hard coded (and editable in ACP which is great)
No they are not - they are in the database.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am I think those texts should be in language files
But then under extension rules they would not be editable without editing [extension] core files - and that is not recommended.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am as is text for first topic, when you install new phpBB
That text is in the database
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am How user who doesn't speak English should know what is it about?
Remember this extension is still in development and when it is released into the CDB then there will be FAQ's to address such things.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am In ACP - I think it would be clearer, if fields with colour codes have frame - at least the "#FFFFFF" ones. At first I didn't know where to click when I red "Click in the box to select a colour"
I will look at that
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
leschek

Post by leschek »

Thank you for the answers.
david63 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:07 am
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am in UCP and ACP (in Privacy details for...) - I believe that language keys for "Occupation", "Location", "Interests" etc. are loaded from phpBB language files, but they are shown in English even if I switch board to my language.
No - they are, or at least should be, the entries for the user's language that are in the CPF lang table.
OK. Then they are not translated for some reason (and the same language strings are correct in UCP - Profile). Seems like the strings in CPF are based for some reason on default language of board and not on user language. But whatever language I set (in UCP and ACP) strings in your extension are always in English (even if I set UCP - Czech and ACP - Czech).
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am in UCP - must the version of extension be visible in UCP?
Yes - that is there for troubleshooting purposes. If you don't want it then you could edit the template to remove it.
OK. I will edit it out.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am Policy texts are hard coded (and editable in ACP which is great)
No they are not - they are in the database.
OK, but when I install this extension the texts are always in English, even if I have whole extension translated into my language.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am I think those texts should be in language files
But then under extension rules they would not be editable without editing [extension] core files - and that is not recommended.
Why not? When I install phpBB I get first topic text in my language (it is translated in language file install.php - there is part called "// Default database schema entries...". And also in extension Board rules is language file boardrules_install.php, where translator can edit default rule text and then user can edit it in ACP. But I'm not coder, so I can be wrong and it really isn't possible.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am as is text for first topic, when you install new phpBB
That text is in the database
But it is loaded to database from language file, so it is in user's language (or language user select during installation.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:33 am In ACP - I think it would be clearer, if fields with colour codes have frame - at least the "#FFFFFF" ones. At first I didn't know where to click when I red "Click in the box to select a colour"
I will look at that
Thank you.
david63

Post by david63 »

leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am OK. Then they are not translated for some reason (and the same language strings are correct in UCP - Profile). Seems like the strings in CPF are based for some reason on default language of board and not on user language. But whatever language I set (in UCP and ACP) strings in your extension are always in English (even if I set UCP - Czech and ACP - Czech).
I have just checked and the extension does pick up the user language for the CPFs, obviously only if it exists otherwise it defaults to English.
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am OK, but when I install this extension the texts are always in English, even if I have whole extension translated into my language.
I am prepared to look at including translations in the install - or maybe as an add on, but it will require somebody to provide those translations.
david63 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:07 am leschek wrote: ↑
Today, 10:33
In ACP - I think it would be clearer, if fields with colour codes have frame - at least the "#FFFFFF" ones. At first I didn't know where to click when I red "Click in the box to select a colour"

I will look at that
I have looked and I have fixed it.
David

david63

Post by david63 »

mdkdio wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:23 am I am getting there, even if the UCP tab is still missing...

Searching through the database, I stumbled upon this....

phpbb_modules - module_basename
For module_base ucp I find nothing of info. Shouldn't there be something there? Everything related to ACP has info.

Could someone help me here with what is supposed to be in the DB under phpbb_modules - module_basename?

Thanks a mill in advance!

/mdkdio
From your previous post you said that you updated from RC1. When you did that did you disable the extension and delete data before you uploaded the new files?
Last edited by david63 on Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David

hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am OK, but when I install this extension the texts are always in English, even if I have whole extension translated into my language.
have a look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2464776&start=270#p15017471
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

david63 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:01 pm I am prepared to look at including translations in the install - or maybe as an add on, but it will require somebody to provide those translations.
I can provide the italian translations if and when needed, in case tell me in which format: simple text files, or uploading some specific files from my system, or else..
I did the translations directly from the ACP, and I don't know where they are stored, I guess into the database..

I wonder if it would be possible to add the option to read in the chosen language also the initial banner for accepting the cookie policy
leschek

Post by leschek »

david63 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:01 pm
leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:17 am OK. Then they are not translated for some reason (and the same language strings are correct in UCP - Profile). Seems like the strings in CPF are based for some reason on default language of board and not on user language. But whatever language I set (in UCP and ACP) strings in your extension are always in English (even if I set UCP - Czech and ACP - Czech).
I have just checked and the extension does pick up the user language for the CPFs, obviously only if it exists otherwise it defaults to English.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think that language strings should be the same on both tabs (in UCP - Profile and in UCP - Privacy Data) and it shouldn't matter what is written in CPF setting.

I did some tests and here is what I found:
  1. When I write in CPF setting my own name of field it is correctly shown on Profile tab and on Privacy Data tab too.
  2. When I use in CPF setting language string from language file (it exists - I checked it) then it is correctly shown on Profile tab, but not on Privacy Data tab. I tried to use string INVALID_DIGEST_CHALLENGE (I know it is nonsense, but that string exists in language file, so it should not matter) and on Privacy Data tab I can see Invalid_digest_challenge (lower case letters).
Of course, there could be something wrong with my board.
david63 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:01 pm
I am prepared to look at including translations in the install - or maybe as an add on, but it will require somebody to provide those translations.
I'm not sure if addon is good option as it is usually installed after the main extension and in this case the policy texts would be already in English. If it is in install language file it would work.
People have to translate the policy texts anyway. And even if nobody translate the install lang files, it still would be the same as it is now.
hurghanico wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:19 pm
have a look at this post: viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2464776&start=270#p15017471
It's different issue than I have, but thank you. I was writing about having translations for policy texts in some install file, so after installation it would be in user's language (no need to translate it).
david63

Post by david63 »

leschek wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:55 pm I'm not 100% sure, but I think that language strings should be the same on both tabs (in UCP - Profile and in UCP - Privacy Data) and it shouldn't matter what is written in CPF setting.
CPFs do not use language strings from the language files but whatever is entered fir that CPF in the CPF lang table. When you create a CPF you have the ability to create the description in any/all languages that are installed on your board.
David

leschek

Post by leschek »

david63 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:19 pm CPFs do not use language strings from the language files but whatever is entered fir that CPF in the CPF lang table. When you create a CPF you have the ability to create the description in any/all languages that are installed on your board.
Well, it's interesting, because if I add to CPF "phpbb_interests" into field "Field name/title presented to the user" string AJAX_ERROR_TITLE (from common.php lang file) it shows me in UCP - Profile tab this AJAX error.
And here is line from common.php file 'AJAX_ERROR_TITLE' => 'AJAX error',
It's working like this on board where are all extensions disabled.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”