[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
sanctaria

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by sanctaria »

This may have been missed, so just want to bring it back up for the author's attention.
sanctaria wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:17 pm Hey,

Installed this and everything is working fine except for one weird small thing - it changed my hr style and removed the button from the posting page.

Now I went in and changed the hr style back to the way I wanted it, but despite me ticking the box saying please display (or whatever the language used is) it still isn't displaying.

My coding knowledge isn't great so I'm hesitant to go poking around. Any ideas where I should be looking?
Drakath

Post by Drakath »

Is it really necessary to display "No data has been entered" for every field that was not filled in? If it is not required by law, I think not displaying it at all would be a better idea.
gtsoukn
Name: George

Post by gtsoukn »

Hi David,

Is it possible to add the phrase "Not accepted" to the language files so it can be translated?

Code: Select all

$this->template->assign_block_vars('privacy_list', array(
				'ACCEPT_DATE'	=> ($row['user_accept_date'] != 0) ? $this->user->format_date($row['user_accept_date']) : 'Not accepted',
File: \controller\acp_data_controller.php

Thanks.
david63

Post by david63 »

You mean'NOT_ACCEPTED' => 'Policy has not been accepted' which is in common_privacypolicy.php
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Post by david63 »

Drakath wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:21 am Is it really necessary to display "No data has been entered" for every field that was not filled in? If it is not required by law, I think not displaying it at all would be a better idea.
Is it necessary? That is debatable. My view is that if you show the user the possible data fields that they could have data in, but haven't, then you are being transparent and there is no ambiguity. I doubt that many users will be bothered one way or the other
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
gtsoukn

Post by gtsoukn »

david63 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 12:16 pm You mean'NOT_ACCEPTED' => 'Policy has not been accepted' which is in common_privacypolicy.php
No. See photo from ACP > USERS AND GROUPS > USER UTILITIES > Privacy list

The phrase "Not accepted" is in file \controller\acp_data_controller.php line 156.
david63

Post by david63 »

Oh that - sorry I had missed adding it to language file :oops:

It will be in the next release
David

mdkdio

Post by mdkdio »

david63 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 pm
mdkdio wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:23 am I am getting there, even if the UCP tab is still missing...

Searching through the database, I stumbled upon this....

phpbb_modules - module_basename
For module_base ucp I find nothing of info. Shouldn't there be something there? Everything related to ACP has info.

Could someone help me here with what is supposed to be in the DB under phpbb_modules - module_basename?

Thanks a mill in advance!

/mdkdio
From your previous post you said that you updated from RC1. When you did that did you disable the extension and delete data before you uploaded the new files?
Thanks David for replying back!

No, that is where I messed it up. So I reversed it back to RC1 and from there, followed the correct steps. Sadly for me, it was too late.

When I installed RC5 the second time, it was not working. And I had no tab under UCP.
Here is where I started to read through the DB to see if I could find the cause for it not working (set up a local LAMP and used two dif. databases. Using a backup from before I installed RC1, and the currently used with RC5)
mdkdio

Post by mdkdio »

I continued the "troubleshooting" here with installing phpbb locally, including RC5 of privacy policy.

Pics below shows the differences between these two installations... First is local PC, second is the actual server installation...

Local PC

The actual server (Where I have problems)
gtsoukn

Post by gtsoukn »

ACP > USERS AND GROUPS > USER UTILITIES > Privacy list
In Filter by list there is the selection "OTHER".
This is in file \controller\acp_data_controller.php lines 196 & 234 and missing from language files.

Add in file \language\en\acp_list_privacypolicy.php

Code: Select all

'OTHER'					=> 'Other',
Thanks.
david63

Post by david63 »

@mdkdio - both of those lists of modules are incorrect. I am not sure but it looks as if you may not have updated correctly.

My suggestion would be to disable and delete data for the extension and then via ACP > System > Module management ensure that all of the modules have been removed as there is currently a bug in phpBB core whereby some modules are not always removed. After having done that you should be OK to re-install.

@gtsoukn - thanks - although I could have sworn that was there
David

Lech-u

Post by Lech-u »

David, I have a problem to change version 2.1.0-rc1 into version 2.1.0-rc5.

I tried to do it step by step (as always when I update any other extension on my board).

Unfortunately it is not working.
I tried also to do via ACP > System > Module management (to delete all Modules).

Could you write step by step instruction "How to update from 2.1.0-rc1 into version 2.1.0-rc5" ?
david63

Post by david63 »

Lech-u wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 am Could you write step by step instruction "How to update from 2.1.0-rc1 into version 2.1.0-rc5" ?
  • Disable RC1
  • Delete data for RC1
  • Delete all the files via FTP
  • Upload the files for RC5
  • Enable RC5
David

fabioganga

Post by fabioganga »

Thank you immensely @david63 for your great extension, which is surely going to make my headache a less lot severe!

I am trying to install the extension as per instructions in the OP, I have uploaded by FTP in /public_html/ext/david63 and also given 755 recursive permission to the folder.

However, my ACP doesn't detect it at all, so I can't enable it.

Please, can someone help me? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

For how to install an extension see, Installing Extensions.

The download you have needs to be renamed and placing in a folder with the authors name

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”