[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by david63 »

Link to "your posts" taken out
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
tojag
Name: Gregory

Post by tojag »

Good decision David :)
scheccia

Post by scheccia »

thanks for this ext.
I have a bug, I have translate in italian the policy... and work if I'm logged, but if I logout the policy is displayed in english.
david63

Post by david63 »

scheccia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 pm thanks for this ext.
I have a bug, I have translate in italian the policy... and work if I'm logged, but if I logout the policy is displayed in english.
What is the default language of the board? What id the language of the Guest user?
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
scheccia

Post by scheccia »

david63 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:31 pm
scheccia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:02 pm thanks for this ext.
What is the default language of the board? What id the language of the Guest user?
Italian-it ... the guest user view all board in italian, only the policy is in english (I can't send the link, we are testing in a private server, before upload in productive forum)
david63

Post by david63 »

scheccia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 pm Italian-it ... the guest user view all board in italian,
Can you confirm that the ANONYMOUS user has the language set as en - ACP > Manage users > enter the name Anonymous > select Preferences
David

thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

HiFiKabin wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:00 am The only thing 'missing' is ip information, which is (as we all know) a waste of time.
It's not a waste of time when your name is Google and you can aggregate and analyze a ridiculous amount of data. They are going to be able to determine which IP's can provide some reliable information about individuals/households and which ones are unreliable. I once had the same IP for years and that was residential account used almost exclusively by me.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
cyrilca

Post by cyrilca »

david63 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:19 am
scheccia wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 pm Italian-it ... the guest user view all board in italian,
Can you confirm that the ANONYMOUS user has the language set as en - ACP > Manage users > enter the name Anonymous > select Preferences
Thanks David, I had the exact same issue (Board default was French, but Anonymous user had its default language set to English !). Setting the default language of Anonymous to French fixed the problem on my side, let's see if it is ok for scheccia as well.
david63

Post by david63 »

cyrilca wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:48 am Thanks David, I had the exact same issue (Board default was French, but Anonymous user had its default language set to English !). Setting the default language of Anonymous to French fixed the problem on my side, let's see if it is ok for scheccia as well.
I am 99.9% sure it will be the same problem. I have put some code in to check for the Anonymous used and then use the board default (if there is one)
David

dr.house
Name: Mimmo

Post by dr.house »

david63 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 7:19 am
Hi David,
thank you for the excellent extension.
On my forum (tested extension in localhost) I have two language packs :EN and IT (default). If i change the language package from ACP to anonymous user from EN to IT the guests will read the cookie law and the gdpr module in Italian.Very well. ;)

Maybe there is a small bug in the birthdays field in ucp/privacydata. Using the Italian language, the month is displayed in letters. Using the English language the displayed values ​​are two instead of three.

How to solve?
Thanks for the huge work done!
Best regards.
david63

Post by david63 »

The birthday bug is fixed in the next version
David

KinGWoK

Post by KinGWoK »

Hi David,

First off.. Nice extension !! loving it.

I'm having some issues with the Chrome browser, It doesn't show any cookie and/or privacy popup, is this a chrome thing ??
All of the other browsers I use (IE & FF) are working fine.

Last question, is there any chance of a dutch translation of the "m2_initial_data.php" file ?
Glav63

Post by Glav63 »

Great addon, thanks for your work!

Do you plan to add feature allowing users to delete their accounts from UCP (GPDR requires us to allow users to remove all user data on request)?
Posts of delete users could persist but would have to change authors name to Anonymous or "User deleted"
david63

Post by david63 »

KinGWoK wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 pm I'm having some issues with the Chrome browser, It doesn't show any cookie and/or privacy popup, is this a chrome thing ??
All of the other browsers I use (IE & FF) are working fine.
I haven't had any problems with Chrome but I am aware that some versions of Chrome can be unstable
KinGWoK wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:23 pm Last question, is there any chance of a dutch translation of the "m2_initial_data.php" file ?
Not from me - the whole idea is that you can use the "Policy editor" to create a policy in any installed language.
David

tlem
Name: Thierry

Post by tlem »

david63 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:16 am As far as I can interpret the the regulations posts are not personal data and even without all of the above issues would not constitute something that would need to be "given" to the user.

My view, and that of many others, is that anything that you post on a board is "in the public domain" and that is where is should stay.
I totally agree with you. I sincerely hope that those who have established and those who will apply the regulation are aware.

david63 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:16 am
tlem wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:28 pm According to the GDPR, any data transmitted to a platform by a user must be retrievable for possible retransmission to another platform.
It also seems to me that in a detailed text concerning the GDPR I read that this data should be able to be recovered in cvs format.
I think you mean any personal data must be retrievable, not any data.
Yes, I was talking about personal data. Sorry for my imprecision.
david63 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:16 am The ability to "retransmit" the data is another pointless statement. If you have a csv file of your personal data from a phpBB board how would you handle it being transmitted to another phpBB, or any other, board - there is no facility to import a csv file and if you could do it then it would be nonsense.
I had the same interrogation. But in Article 20 concerning "Right to data portability", you can read :
The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided,
I find that completely ridiculous, but it was written by "benevolent" people ... :cry:

Taking inspiration from the idea of tas2580 concerning its extension, it could be possible to have an export concerning the so-called "personal data" which would have been transmitted or collected: Information of the profile and any information that would have been collected during the user's navigation on the forum and that allows to identify him (like IP address).
Then a second one, listing all the subject links where the user writing something. This would allow him to do some research to see if he has written information that he no longer wishes to leave (Article 17 Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’)).
At first glance, this is not mandatory (for the moment), but it would be a good alternative to the built-in option that lists all the user's messages.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”