[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by Brf »

Usually, when an extension does not show in the Manage Extensions page it is because it has been uploaded to the wrong folder structure on your webpage.

If you would have attached a screenshot of your board folder structure, with this extension uploaded to it, back when we first asked, then the last few replies to you could have been avoided.
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

Lord Phobos wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:28 pm This extension doesn't work anymore after upgrading to 3.2.2.
The link to the policy in the navbar takes to a 404 page.

EDIT: it's a "php.app and url rewrite problem" that manifested itself only after upgrade to 3.2.2...
I get exactly the same in 3.2.3. When I have app rewrite turned on I get a 404, with app rewrite off it works fine.
david63

Post by david63 »

sp3ctre wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:39 pm When I have app rewrite turned on
Where is that turned on?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

david63 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:45 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:39 pm When I have app rewrite turned on
Where is that turned on?
Admin Control Panel >> Server Settings >> Path Settings >> Enable URL Rewriting
david63

Post by david63 »

sp3ctre wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:33 pm Admin Control Panel >> Server Settings >> Path Settings >> Enable URL Rewriting
Did you perhaps not read, or check
Enable URL Rewriting:
When enabled, URLs containing ’app.php’ will be rewritten to remove the filename (i.e. app.php/foo will become /foo). Apache server’s mod_rewrite module is required for this functionality to work; if this option is enabled without mod_rewrite support, URLs on your board may be broken.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre »

david63 wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:35 pm
sp3ctre wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:33 pm Admin Control Panel >> Server Settings >> Path Settings >> Enable URL Rewriting
Did you perhaps not read, or check
Enable URL Rewriting:
When enabled, URLs containing ’app.php’ will be rewritten to remove the filename (i.e. app.php/foo will become /foo). Apache server’s mod_rewrite module is required for this functionality to work; if this option is enabled without mod_rewrite support, URLs on your board may be broken.
Thanks for the bold font, was having trouble seeing! Mod_rewrite is working on the forum, app.php url’s are replaced as expected and all works fine... apart from this mod. Happy to try and diagnose but pretty sure that functionality is working.
david63

Post by david63 »

This extension will be affected by the BBCode bug in 3.2.4 - see here if you are getting errors.
David

Selfmade

Post by Selfmade »

Hi, David.
Excuse me, I wrote on the wrong topic ... yes, I was referring to the extension Privacy policy.
Have you considered the log talk?

I quote here, for completeness of the speech, what I had written on the wrong topic:

"Hi, David.
I'm new to this forum, and I'm sorry for my very poor English.
Arrival from the Italian phpBB forum, where my forum friends told me that you are taking care of the only real extension to make the forums in phpBB GDPR compliant.
I posed a problem, related to the GDPR (I'm not a programmer, but I'm a technician of these legal issues): the GDPR provides the "demonstration of consent" that applied to a forum in phpBB means that when, for example, a user sect in its control panel to receive certain notification emails or when it marks it at the bottom of a topic, this is valid as "consent" expressed ... and we should record a "log" in order to prove that when and by whom it was expressed this consent.
This log should register when a user accepts the privacy policy for example, when he signs up, when he wants to receive an email, and so on.
What do you think about it?
On wordpress there are many plugins that are useful for this.
In your opinion, is it something that you can implement on your extension or should you do something new?
I thank you and I'm sorry again if I wrote badly."
david63

Post by david63 »

Selfmade wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:39 pm This log should register when a user accepts the privacy policy for example, when he signs up
It does.

As for email acceptance - as this is in the UCP and under the control of the user then logging when they change the options seems unnecessary in my opinion.
David

Selfmade

Post by Selfmade »

Hello. Thanks for the reply.

So there is not just the log for the email consent ...

In Italy the email issue has always been very protected, now the GDPR legislation in this regard follows that which existed in Italy even before.

When an email arrives from a forum it means that the forum has been authorized to send it.
Authorization takes place with flags on the control panel or when a new reply is inserted in a topic ... so the user is free to enable or not. And this is perfect for GDPR because one is free to opt-in and opt-out.

But the GDPR expressly speaks of demonstration of consent. So when a forum sends an email, and has been authorized to do so, it must be able to show that it was the user who opted-in.
And to prove this, in Italy on all the sites we are putting the logs on all the consensus flags :-)
I do not know if in other countries the interpretation of the regulation is less rigid, but this is very important. I think it's very important for everyone ...
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

Hello David

Are there known issues when using your extension Privacy Policy with phpBB3.2.5?

What is your guess how long it might take till your ext will be validated and released?

Thanks for this great contribution. Your work makes my board admin life easier.

best regards
HaioPaio
www.der-räuchertreff.de phpBB 3.3.x php 7.4
david63

Post by david63 »

HaioPaio wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:22 pm Are there known issues when using your extension Privacy Policy with phpBB3.2.5?
I am not aware of any issues and have it running on my board
David

L&R

Post by L&R »

I use the extension with 3.2.5, works as it should.
BR
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

Thanks a lot.
HaioPaio
www.der-räuchertreff.de phpBB 3.3.x php 7.4
OptimaluS
Name: Christophe Perdreau

Post by OptimaluS »

Hello,

A big thank you for this extension which should have been already basic on Phpbb.
However, I am looking for the FR (French) translation updated with the latest version 2.1.0 RC7.

Could someone please share it?
"Cookie: Formerly a sweet little cake, which we accepted with pleasure. Today: a small computer file that is very salty, which must be vehemently rejected."

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”