[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
david63

[ABD] Privacy Policy

Post by david63 »

Extension Name: Privacy Policy
Author: david63

Description: Adds options for the user to accept the use of cookies, under EU Cookie Directive (2012), and/or GDPR (2018) on the board.

Image Image

Extension Version: [RC] 2.1.0-rc7

Requirements: phpBB 3.2.2

Notes:
  • This is a replacement for my Cookie Policy extension which now incorporates GDPR acceptance
  • If you have installed the Cookie Policy extension then that must be disabled and its data deleted before installing this extension
  • This extension has been found to be incompatible with Tapatalk
Features:
  • Cookie
    • Block all links from being accessed until the Cookie Policy has been accepted
    • Prevent log-in/registration until the Cookie Policy has been accepted
    • Attempts to only show the cookie/privacy acceptance for users with an EU IP address
    • Show the cookie acceptance box on either the index page or all pages
    • Position the cookie acceptance box either on the left or right
    • Show the Cookie/Privacy Policy page link in the bottom nav bar
    • Customise the cookie acceptance box to suit your board colour scheme
    • Customise the Cookie Policy page colours
  • Privacy
    • Will add a privacy agreement to the Registration agreement for new members
    • Can force all members to accept the Privacy Policy
    • The date/time of the acceptance is logged in the database
    • Can rest the acceptance so that the policy has to be re-accepted
    • Users can see in their UCP > Privacy Data the personal data that is stored
    • Admin option to list who has accepted
    • Admin option to view any member's personal data
    • There are events in this extension so that other extensions can add any other personal data
    • Policy text editor added for multiple languages
    • Permissions added
    • Ability to select which cpf appear on the User page
    • CSV download link
    • Link to request removal of account
    • Compatible with the Auto Groups extension <<new>>
    • Ability to accept/unaccept a user's Privacy Policy from the ACP (Privacy data) <<new>>
    • Anonymise user IP addresses on posts, polls & PMs <<new>>
    • Tapatalk detection and when found display a banner in the ACP <<new>>
    Installation:
    • Download the latest release and unzip it.
    • Upload the unzipped files to [board root]/ext/david63/privacypolicy and enable it in the ACP
    GitHub Repository:

Extension Download (3.2):
    Extension Download (3.3):
Last edited by david63 on Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:23 am, edited 12 times in total.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by david63 »

Reserved
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Excellent job David
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Hello.

Good job , nice.

Do you have any screenshots ?

Thx Jan
zorni

Post by zorni »

This will be a very important extension soon, thanks!

One request: Is it possible that you implement fields for custom links, if a board has his own privacy policy? (Tbh: Finally every board needs his very own privacy, depending which features are installed/used. There is no 1 pp fits all forums). That would be awesome.
david63

Post by david63 »

zorni wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:19 am Is it possible that you implement fields for custom links, if a board has his own privacy policy?
But if you have your own Privacy Policy then surely you already have a link to it. I could possibly look at hiding the link from this extension
jan_2017 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:58 am Do you have any screenshots ?
Easiest way is to install it on your test board.
David

tojag
Name: Gregory

Post by tojag »

David, thanks a lot to you!
I will be testing.

The first thing I noticed - in IE and Edge browser I can not open Cookie Policy details via a link from the cookies bar. However, it opens without problems with the link from the navbar. With FireFox and Chrome works ok
zorni

Post by zorni »

david63 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 am
zorni wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:19 am Is it possible that you implement fields for custom links, if a board has his own privacy policy?
But if you have your own Privacy Policy then surely you already have a link to it. I could possibly look at hiding the link from this extension
Sure, but I like the feature to force users to (re-)accept the pp for example.
david63

Post by david63 »

tojag wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 am in IE and Edge browser I can not open Cookie Policy details via a link from the cookies bar.
Not surprised about Edge as it is the most non standard browser (even more so that IE) that exists - do people still use IE?
David

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady »

That sounds promising. Thank you tackle the problem.
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.
tojag

Post by tojag »

David, tis is just information from the first tests. I always test in FF, Chrome, IE, Edge. My forum is visited by older people, they often use only what is standard in the system like Edge or IE.

My proposal in lang file agreement.php. 'or later' is important because user can fill some data not required durning registration process:

'TERMS_OF_USE_CONTENT_2' => '<br /><br /><strong>GDPR</strong><br />To comply with the EU GDPR (2018) you need to be made aware of the following.<br /><br />In addition to the above “%1$s” will also store all of the IP address that you use to post with. Depending on your preferences “%1$s” may send you emails to the email address that you used when you registered or you have subsequently changed assigned to the account but you are able to change these preferences from your User Control Panel (UCP) at any time should you wish to stop receiving them.<br /><br />The personal details that you gave us when you signed up or later will be used solely for the purposes of “%1$s” board functionality. They will not be used for anything else and neither will they be passed on to any third party without your explicit consent.<br /><br />The only other information about you is that which you decide to post in the fora, whereupon it is considered to be “publicly available” as it will have been indexed by search engines)as well as on-line archive sites.<br /><br />By clicking on the “I agree to these terms” button below your acceptance of these terms will be recorded.'
david63

Post by david63 »

I agree with the "or later" bit.

You can change the agreements to whatever you want in the language file - there is no way that the wording will suit everyone, so there is no way that I will be constantly changing it.
David

tojag

Post by tojag »

I agree with you. Everyone must adapt to their requirements.
I finish the translation and it simply drew my attention.
tojag

Post by tojag »

I finished the PL translation. Available if someone wants.

A small note after the first tests.
GDPR requires that data can be collected after consent, not before. Currently, the site based on phpbb and your extension collects data during registration, and only then after logging in is waiting for acceptance of the website's GDPR policy. If someone does not activate the account or does not accept information about GDPR, the database will contain data without the consent of the user.
The current method of operation is very good for existing users to enforce consent from them, however, for new users, this consent should be obtained during registration.
Could the extension register the date of registration (ie the time of pressing Accept at the first registration screen) as the date of acceptance of the rules including the privacy policy for new users? Of course, we can modify the text of the first account registration screen according to information about GDPR.
What do You think about it?
david63

Post by david63 »

tojag wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 pm GDPR requires that data can be collected after consent
Agreed
tojag wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 pm and only then after logging in is waiting for acceptance of the website's GDPR policy.
Untrue.
tojag wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 pm Could the extension register the date of registration (ie the time of pressing Accept at the first registration screen) as the date of acceptance of the rules including the privacy policy for new users?
It does - and phpBB has always logged the registration date/time
David

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”