[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by david63 »

Lord Phobos wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:08 pm Could this simple thing make possibile to use both oneall social login and your ext together, redirecting each user to a url after logging?
I really have no idea. I do not use any form of social login and have no means of testing it. You could always try it on your test board to see what happens.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
gtsoukn
Name: George

Post by gtsoukn »

david63 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:04 pm
gtsoukn wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:22 pm I'll try to re-install.
Re download it first
Solved. Thanks.
maxco73

Post by maxco73 »

Hi David,
i've tried to do what you suggested me: manually remove any ACP/UCP modules.
even if in the customize there wasn't ext, in the system ACP they were. I deleted all of them but after so i revived an error.
this is the modul that wasn't find after by delete

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mpzpn ... F7EAzgpae3

so i restored the DB and disabled just one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-xzxg ... c3zWdXIE1E

i don't know why when I install your ext in the ACP appears more tab but disabling it seems to work.

now I've just only 1 tab for the site logo and the policy.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kn1Lb ... 5Pep0CoASb

I've just one problem.... even if in the UCP there is the modul for privacy data

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1go5t4 ... BpxTfF0fc2

in the UCP of the user it doesn't appear...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DrY5K ... i0_2vXQNMN

could you suggest me what I've to do to show it? where I've to do or where i've to modify ?

if I add a different modul to data privacy , for example see your message, the tab in the UCP of the user appears, but not the modul for the privacy.... :cry:

thanks...

bye
fabioganga

Post by fabioganga »

Hi everyone!

I am posting my question here as I know that this extension has an impact on cookies, I sincerely hope that I am not OT.

In my board the cookie does not seem to be working correctly, as it seems to expire in less than an hour if the browser stays open and forces everyone to login again and again each time. It never retains the "remember me" no matter what I do. If I close the browser and reopen it (or just close the tab) the login is NOT kept despite the fact that I do not have Chrome set to remove the cookies when the browser is closed.

These are my settings for BOTH the phpbb 3.2.2 cookie settings and for David's extension:

PHP COOKIE SETTINGS:
Cookie domain: .forzaromaforum.com (with the dot in front as suggested in the tip)

Cookie name: forzaromaforum

Cookie path: /

Cookie secure: On (I have an SSL certificate installed)

Cookie notice: Disabled (I let the extension deal with that)

COOKIE SETTINGS IN THE EXTENSION PANEL:

Enable the Cookie Policy: Enabled

Show Privacy/Cookie Policy: Enabled

Show on Index Page: Index Page

Cookie expires: No

Thanks for whatever input you may give me, it's quite annoying having to login each time!
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Please post a link to your board.

NVM, found it, your cookies are good.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

There is nothing in this extension that would create that problem with cookies
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
maxco73

Post by maxco73 »

maxco73 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:27 am
if I add a different modul to data privacy , for example see your message, the tab in the UCP of the user appears, but not the modul for the privacy.... :cry:
it seems that is the module "david63\privacypolicy\ucp\privacydata_module.php" that is not recognized....
for ex. with "UCP_PM_VIEW" it appears in the user's UCP

there's someone could help me?

thanks...
Lord Phobos

Post by Lord Phobos »

david63 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm
Lord Phobos wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:08 pm Could this simple thing make possibile to use both oneall social login and your ext together, redirecting each user to a url after logging?
I really have no idea. I do not use any form of social login and have no means of testing it. You could always try it on your test board to see what happens.
kk

And what about the built-in oauth authentication method present in phpBB since 3.1?
The one in ACP - General - Authentication.

Would it make it possibile for my users to login via classic username and password and via facebook, still making use of your extensiont?

Thanks in advance.
parcs

Post by parcs »

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with the extension. I'm testing it on a local environment (wampserver), and I set "Force privacy acceptance" and "Reset privacy acceptance" on "Yes". Now I am stuck out of the board, because I'm forced to accept the privacy policy but when I do I am redirected to http://localhost/app.php/privacypolicy instead of http://localhost/mydomain/app.php/privacypolicy., so I have a 404 page, there's no way to accept the privacy policy and I can't log in the ACP anymore.

Is there any way to revert the settings via database? And do you have the first idea why the privacy policy link is broken?
Thank you very much
Lor@n

Post by Lor@n »

Check you .htacces

rewritebase: /mydomain
Galixte de EzCom
Name: Raphaël M.

FRENCH translation for the Privacy Policy extension

Post by Galixte de EzCom »

Hi,

this is FRENCH translation for the Privacy Policy extension, available on GitHub & GitHub (FRENCH texts for Terms & Policies) and on the EzCom Community.
Last edited by Galixte de EzCom on Tue May 14, 2019 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Communau EzCom
📖 « Traductions d’extensions & styles pour phpBB 3.2.x & 3.3.x ».
📋 Lists of all extensions identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
📋 Lists of all styles identified for phpBB 3.1.x & 3.2.x.
Image Tu as un forum et tu veux aussi un site web ? Regarde par ici.
noth

Post by noth »

I enstalled this ext a few days ago and to me it works like a well oiled machine. I think this is one of the top exts this year and in particular I love the way it adds a new tab in UCP called "Privacy Data" and recites to a user all the personal data the site holds on them, this really is the icing on the cake quite apart from the comprehensive job it does of taking care of the whole GDPR aspect. this ext is a godsend for any Admin in the EU who is concerned with GDPR it really does the lot, extremely good work
david63

Post by david63 »

noth wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:50 pm I enstalled this ext a few days ago and to me it works like a well oiled machine. I think this is one of the top exts this year and in particular I love the way it adds a new tab in UCP called "Privacy Data" and recites to a user all the personal data the site holds on them, this really is the icing on the cake quite apart from the comprehensive job it does of taking care of the whole GDPR aspect. this ext is a godsend for any Admin in the EU who is concerned with GDPR it really does the lot, extremely good work
Thank you (the cheque is in the post :lol: :lol: )
David

Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

Hello

That this ext apparently uses the wrap's background is a problem in some styles.
You can hardly read anything like that in the Blackfog.
The solution for the Blackfog would be to insert this color code in style:

Code: Select all

.page-body {
	background: #1F1F1F;
}
Whether that is so correct now I do not know. Whether this has any effect elsewhere I have to look first.

In my Style Modern it looks bad, because the writing comes completely to the outside. I don't know how I could change that.
More of my styles you can find in my phpBB Style Board & More
Be the best version of yourself rather than a bad copy of someone else!
Excuse me for my English, but I learned the language by speaking to people and not at school.
🎨 All my styles are updated to 3.3.8 and can be downloaded here
david63

Post by david63 »

If this, or for that matter any, extension does not work correctly with a particular style then the correct procedure is to create a folder in the extension's style folder with the name of the style and put the appropriate files in that folder.
David

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”