[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Millennyum

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by Millennyum »

My forum is part of a larger site so I have a WordPress plugin to handle the cookie acceptance. What part of your extension will I need to comply to the law? I assume I'll only need to add a checkbox on forms to confirm that people allow me to store their data. Can your extension be applied only partially or will it also automatically show another cookie acceptance bar?
david63

Post by david63 »

@lucas72 - My guess would have been that it was the Pages extension but I cannot re-create the error. Can I have a link to your board please.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Post by david63 »

Inquisitive wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:57 pm Greetings,

Original privacy policy location
sitename/forum/ucp.php?mode=privacy

This plugin:
sitename/app.php/privacypolicy/policy

What is the best way to handle two privacy policies? have the login link point to the plugin privacy? I would like to just have one, and point all links to it.

Thank you
Sorry but I don't know what that means - please try to explain it clearer.
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Post by david63 »

Millennyum wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm What part of your extension will I need to comply to the law?
That is up to you
Millennyum wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm Can your extension be applied only partially or will it also automatically show another cookie acceptance bar?
You have Cookie and/or Privacy
David

xpuser8334

Post by xpuser8334 »

David63 - Great work... but....
one question.
If an existing user clicks no.... they get logged out.
we still have their information and it will always remain in the database - which could be dangerous as a phpBB board with hundreds or thousands of users could be difficult to monitor / know who has accepted and who hasn't accepted..
I'm probably not making sense... so my question would be.

Can a function be added to the I do not accept button.
Something like...
I do not accept > your account and any associated data WILL be deleted immediately > Accept Deletion or Accept Policy
Then the account and info either gets deleted, or we get their acceptance.

People are inundated with GDPR emails at the moment, and they might log into the website - as a one off response to the GDPR mass email we can send via the ACP... but they might not click anything...and think... oh.. I've not used that for a while... so... I will do it later when I remember..
Issue - with "if they USED their account in the past"

Does that make sense..?

My BB only has a small handful of users, but I'm considering deleting all accounts after I have sent and email to say their accounts will be deleted within 72hrs of this email going out. - so they have the option to accept the policy... (only a handful of users, so I will see who has accepted the policy first..)
mdkdio

Post by mdkdio »

mdkdio wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 pm Hi! Thanks much for this extension!

I've been using the RC1 since late March. Translated it to Swedish..

A couple of hours ago I tried to upgrade to RC5, but it failed. Could well be my own fault, but here's what happens...

I replaced the RC1 files with RC5 without disabling the RC1 first (where I messed things up)
Realized I had to follow the correct upgrade steps, so I removed the RC5 files and put the old RC1 files back.
Deactivate and Activate is working ok.

Suddenly I noticed that UCP had one more tab (UCP_PRIVACY) which seems to be working fine (no error in server log etc)
I cleared Firefox browser cache, phpbb cache a couple of times. Still no joy...

Found that UCP_PRIVACY tab is part of RC5, so with RC1 active this tab should not be visible...
I also noticed that the language files are not loaded (forum main index shows COOKIE_ACCEPT_TEXTCOOKIE_POLICY COOKIE_ACCEPT

I did not make a backup of the DB prior to doing all the above... My bad!

Is there any way I can sort this? Any suggestions to what to try next would be much appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!

Board is in Swedish
phpbb 3.2.2
PHP 7.0.27 (I know this is not the latest)

Full access to mysql DB via directadmin/phpmyadmin

/mdkdio

Edit: I have now setup LAMP on my PC, setup DB with both current phpbb rel DB entries and an old backup of the same DB from April.
What in the DB is being changed upon installing this plugin + what changes being made one RC5 been installed?
If that question now makes sense....

/mdkdio
I may have solved the problem my self.. Reporting back if any issues later on...

Edit:
Well... Almost there. UCP privacy data tab is not showing (Cleared cache + cookies)

/mdkdio
Last edited by mdkdio on Fri May 25, 2018 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Millennyum

Post by Millennyum »

david63 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:09 pm
Millennyum wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm What part of your extension will I need to comply to the law?
That is up to you
Millennyum wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 2:00 pm Can your extension be applied only partially or will it also automatically show another cookie acceptance bar?
You have Cookie and/or Privacy
I don't understand. Are there any screenshots or a demo page where I can preview how this works?
didonnarob

Post by didonnarob »

Hi thanks for this extension. I have some problems.....
First i install rc5 and the policies don't work. Then i download rc6 and i enable just "Enable Privacy Policy policy" and it works fine , when you register a NEW user it show the GDPR info .
Then i enable "Force Privacy acceptance" to force old users. When i enable it the site stops to work. All site links don't work. Is impossible to make anything. The admin cannot disable the extension (no access to admin panel).
Then i disable extension , clear data , clear phpBB cache , enable it again and enable all "Policies" and "Privacy policy option".
Same problem. I cannot discover the solution.... (P.S. phpBB version 3.2.2 no other extension present)
ammar rauf

Post by ammar rauf »

david63 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:22 am @ammar rauf - that link doers not work
sir please help https://imgur.com/3Oud5ry
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

ammar rauf wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:13 pm
david63 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 10:22 am @ammar rauf - that link doers not work
sir please help https://imgur.com/3Oud5ry
This is not showing the whole folder structure.
But it should be like this: /ext/david63/privacypolicy/composer.json

janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

Put the files in the folder

Code: Select all

david63
not in

Code: Select all

david63_privacypolicy-3-2
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
david63

Post by david63 »

didonnarob wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:15 pm Then i download rc6
There is no RC6 release - yet, that is still a work in progress
David

sanctaria

Post by sanctaria »

Hey,

Installed this and everything is working fine except for one weird small thing - it changed my hr style and removed the button from the posting page.

Now I went in and changed the hr style back to the way I wanted it, but despite me ticking the box saying please display (or whatever the language used is) it still isn't displaying.

My coding knowledge isn't great so I'm hesitant to go poking around. Any ideas where I should be looking?
bisus

Post by bisus »

first of all I want to thank you for your fantastic work. Now shouldn't we also hide info such as city or nationality being those personal info ? I've noticed that this extension disable also few personal info from the profile but does not hide those from existing users

thansk
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

lucas72 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:11 pm Hi David I get this error after enabling your extension (phpBB 3.2.0):

Fatal error: Call to undefined method s9e\TextFormatter\Plugins\Emoji\Configurator::omitImageSize() in /home/httpd/vhosts/qnapclub.it/httpdocs/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/factory.php on line 351

My whole forum is down... :(
if you are using Cloudflare ot other similar services, which use data caching system, purge their cache and enable the development mode (ie no caching) until you are done with every changes to your website..

otherwise you can get lot of problems similar to the ones you are experiencing as soon as you do changes to your board configuration..

disable any external data caching system until you are done, wait some minutes (clear the cache of your browser) and reload/refresh the page of your site, try several times if necessary..

if you can still reach the admin control panel, check also the error log under the maintenance tab, if no errors are reported, it means that the error is not due to the board itself, but to something external to it like caching sytems still not syncronized

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”