[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
tojag
Name: Gregory

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by tojag »

david63 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:37 am
tojag wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:18 pm David, is it possible to do anonymisation only for selected user? As I understand, at now it anonymise all IP on all posts, polls, PMs.
It would be nice to have such a function to anonymize the user who closes the account not for all.
No, and as this will only anonymise from this point on it would make no difference to closed accounts.
There is no need to anonymize active accounts because we have permission to process user data. It is only the closing of the account and the lack of consent for the further processing of data should result in the need to anonymize this selected account, not all.
david63 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:37 am
tojag wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:18 pm I would also add a request to close my account via the contact form, not via email.
That was my original intention but, for reasons that I cannot remember, I could not get it to work. Also my view is that if somebody is wanting to close their account they will find a way to do it as there are enough ways built into phpBB anyway. Nothing in the regulations says that you have to make it easy for them :shock:
There are users who do not remember that the e-mail address they provided during registration is out of date for various reasons, as described in this topic viewtopic.php?f=466&t=2474551#p15028376
So, I think, Your original intention was good :)
KinGWoK

Post by KinGWoK »

I'm having some issues with this ext.

A lot of my forum users can't login anymore, even when they have accepted the cookie privacy option, that is even showing in the list in de acp.
Some of them use a link in a email that seems to be the work a round for them, right now,.

What can I do to help my users out, thy tried removing the cookies in there browser, tried remove te cookie true the forum link...???

Anyone having a idea about this ? so I can help my users out ???.......
david63

Post by david63 »

Exactly how are they trying to access your board? Which browser? What type of device?

A link to your board would be a help
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KinGWoK

Post by KinGWoK »

They are hitting, like... www.gptforum.nl and someon's use gptforum.nl
They all use different browsers, IE, FF Chrome....
I have a dutch lang. forum... here ya go : www.gptforum.nl

Hope you cab shine a light to this, i'm running out of options.....
david63

Post by david63 »

KinGWoK wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 pm Hope you cab shine a light to this, i'm running out of options.....
I will not be able to look at it until after the weekend
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
KinGWoK

Post by KinGWoK »

Thx, I appreciate it, that you will make some time free to take a look....
david63 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:32 pm
KinGWoK wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 pm Hope you cab shine a light to this, i'm running out of options.....
I will not be able to look at it until after the weekend
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

KinGWoK wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:26 pm I'm having some issues with this ext.

A lot of my forum users can't login anymore, even when they have accepted the cookie privacy option, that is even showing in the list in de acp.
Some of them use a link in a email that seems to be the work a round for them, right now,.

What can I do to help my users out, thy tried removing the cookies in there browser, tried remove te cookie true the forum link...???

Anyone having a idea about this ? so I can help my users out ???.......
Have you tried using prosilver as the 'guest' style? That would help rule the style in or out as a factor.
Daveo16
Name: Dave Bateman

Post by Daveo16 »

Will this work with phpBB 3.2.1 ?
david63

Post by david63 »

Daveo16 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:48 pm Will this work with phpBB 3.2.1 ?
No
David

Nienke1973

Post by Nienke1973 »

Hello David,

this app is working great but i have a minor prob and i think you can help me how out how to solve this.I have the 2.1.RC5 installed.
The google bot is indexing my forum but gets stuck on the acceptance of the policy and shows that instead.
Is there a was that only the bot's dont have to accept the policy??

Best regards Nienke
TomaGo

Post by TomaGo »

Hello,

I have the same issue with the Bots (Google, Adsense, ...).
I had to disable the extension.

Don't want to see in Google results "Privacy Policy ..." and don't want adsense to decrease the advertisement.

What could be the solution ?
Nienke1973

Post by Nienke1973 »

Hello David, I've got a question, i am not a programmer but I've found this line in the Event folder listener.php
Can i ad this in line 288 after Anonymous && $this->user->data['user_id'] != GOOGLE [BOT] && $this->user->data['user_id'] != BING [BOT])
if i do that will that work for giving the googlebot en bingbot acces???
thanks in advance.

best regards Nienke
Geekess

Post by Geekess »

The bots problem should, I think, be handled in the permission system. I expected to find it there... but it wasn't.
I think it is a good idea to exempt selected groups (bots) from having to accept the privacy policy.
david63

Post by david63 »

If the bots are active in the Bots group then they should be being ignored by this extension
Nienke1973 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:10 pm Can i ad this in line 288 after Anonymous && $this->user->data['user_id'] != GOOGLE [BOT] && $this->user->data['user_id'] != BING [BOT])
You can add it if you want but it will not make any difference, that is if it does not throw an error.

For those with Bot issues I would suggest that you update to the latest version
David

Nienke1973

Post by Nienke1973 »

Hi David,

Can you tell me the files i need to overwrite to only let the Bot's index my page at the right way without getting stuck on the accept privacy.
RC5 is working without other problems on a live board en I don't want to push the policy again, there is already a loss in users.
RC5 i also translated many things to dutch, if there is a way to only copy the nescesary files that would be great.

best regards Nienke

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”