[ABD] Privacy Policy

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Littlespace

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by Littlespace »

I enabled this extension to test it out a bit and see if it would be usable for me. I'm only running 3.2.0 (Database server: MySQL(i) 10.0.35-MariaDB) right now.

Unfortunately, after installation it has somehow broken my permissions tab and capabilities entirely. I cannot access any group or user permissions. It only results in a blank white page (500 error when switching over to Google Chrome browser).

Initially, when I installed the extension my error log showed this error immediately (though, the extension seemed to work well):

Code: Select all

[20-Jun-2018 09:27:54 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "david63_privacypolicy_policyoutput" as such route does not exist. in /home/little/public_html/cache/production/url_generator.php:165
Stack trace:
#0 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/routing/router.php(168): phpbb_url_generator->generate('david63_privacy...', Array, 1)
#1 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/routing/helper.php(148): phpbb\routing\router->generate('david63_privacy...', Array, 1)
#2 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/controller/helper.php(114): phpbb\routing\helper->route('david63_privacy...', Array, true, false, 1)
#3 /home/little/public_html/ext/david63/privacypolicy/event/listener.php(213): phpbb\controller\helper->route('david63_privacy...', Array)
#4 [internal function]: david63\privacypolicy\event\listener->check_cookie(Object(phpbb\event\data), 'core.page_heade...', Object(phpbb\event\dispatcher))
#5 /home/little/public_html/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(184): call_ in /home/little/public_html/cache/production/url_generator.php on line 165
[20-Jun-2018 09:27:55 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Symfony\Component\Routing\Exception\RouteNotFoundException: Unable to generate a URL for the named route "david63_privacypolicy_policyoutput" as such route does not exist. in /home/little/public_html/cache/production/url_generator.php:165
Stack trace:
#0 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/routing/router.php(168): phpbb_url_generator->generate('david63_privacy...', Array, 1)
#1 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/routing/helper.php(148): phpbb\routing\router->generate('david63_privacy...', Array, 1)
#2 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/controller/helper.php(114): phpbb\routing\helper->route('david63_privacy...', Array, true, false, 1)
#3 /home/little/public_html/ext/david63/privacypolicy/event/listener.php(147): phpbb\controller\helper->route('david63_privacy...', Array)
#4 [internal function]: david63\privacypolicy\event\listener->page_footer(Object(phpbb\event\data), 'core.page_foote...', Object(phpbb\event\dispatcher))
#5 /home/little/public_html/vendor/symfony/event-dispatcher/EventDispatcher.php(184): call_u in /home/little/public_html/cache/production/url_generator.php on line 165
I've been working to try to find resolution for that and have found nothing useful. I even went as far as uninstalling this extension, deleting the data, clearing the cache through the ACP, and manually clearing the site cache folder but that also did not resolve it. After doing the above, I reinstalled the extension, hoping that somehow it'd "fix" whatever has gone wrong with it's magic. In my error log, I immediately received this (though, again, the extension seems to function):

[21-Jun-2018 07:19:34 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 's9e_renderer_b84c951951c6807ec7c088e374a36a81dc0f1b73' not found in /home/little/public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php:5826
Stack trace:
#0 /home/little/public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(4658): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\RendererGenerators\PHP->getRenderer(Object(s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Rendering))
#1 /home/little/public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php(101): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator\Rendering->getRenderer()
#2 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/factory.php(386): s9e\TextFormatter\Configurator->finalize()
#3 /home/little/public_html/phpbb/textformatter/s9e/renderer.php(97): phpbb\textformatter\s9e\factory->regenerate()
#4 [internal function]: phpbb\textformatter\s9e\renderer->__construct(Object(phpbb\cache\driver\file), './cache/product...', '_text_formatter...', Object(phpbb\textformatter\s9e\factory), Object(phpbb\event\dispatcher))
#5 /home/little/public_html/vendor/symfony/dependency-inje in /home/little/public_html/vendor/s9e/text-formatter/src/Configurator.php on line 5826
Still inaccessible permissions though. :(

Lesson learned though, I suppose. Don't install extensions still in development on the live board, just as the warnings advise!
Last edited by Littlespace on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

On the first page you can read:
Requirements: phpBB 3.2.2
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Littlespace

Post by Littlespace »

janus_zonstraal wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:44 pm On the first page you can read:
Requirements: phpBB 3.2.2

I understand that, but felt like providing information would've been potentially helpful in some way to the continuation of development. A lot of us install extensions that aren't quite compatible which it comes to such small mini-version updates (x.x.x updates) and generally when something is 3.2.x then as long as someone has 3.2.0 they are in the clear to install with minimal, if any, issue that would do something like cause them to lose access to a major feature of the board (like, you know, the entire permissions capability). If anything, the extension should not work if incompatible on such a small release level -- it should not break the functionality of the board's core features. That's a pretty serious flaw, in my opinion, because we're not talking an entire version difference from where, say, I'm running 3.0.x or 3.1.x and trying to do this. I'm literally within the exact same version and have only put off doing two relatively minor release changes that are not mandatory to the functionality, core, or base features of the phpBB software.

What I'm saying is, the x.x.2 isn't a massive change to base functionality.

Example, mostly smaller bug fixes were made with the 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 releases but they are personally not exactly mandatory like going from 3.1.x to 3.2 was (core functionality, security, stability; major base code changes):

3.2.1 release notes

3.2.2 release notes

Apologies.
Last edited by Littlespace on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
david63

Post by david63 »

The first error log does not relate to a 500 error but to a routing error which without a link to your board is impossible to check out.

The second error log has nothing whatsoever to do with this extension.

The requirement is as it is for a reason - there were issues running this extension with 3.2.1
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
pboulanger

Post by pboulanger »

hello David,

Sorry for my poor english, i'm a french

I have just been confronted with a vicious problem in the context for test of the implementation of a solution for the RGPD ...

Description
  • The decor :
    :arrow: Our forum https://www.myasthenie.com is accessible after a registration that must be validated by an administrator
    :arrow: The presentation is mandatory, we use autogroup to switch, after a first message, to a group with specific permissions ... We do the same manipulation when the registration is 90 days
    :arrow: As part of the implementation of the RGPD, we installed david63 / privacypolicy
  • The problem encountered:
    at registration, there is a 500 error generated and there is no more notification of sent for the new accounts to be validated, nor of mail message except the one which says you have been added to the group of the new users ... The message your account must be activated by an administrator is no longer sent

:!: It's a vicious thing because we have no error in the phpbb part ... we can only see it in the server logs

[Wed Jun 27 18: 50: 58.153551 2018] [proxy_fcgi: error] [pid 57666: tid 140449884907264] [client 86.244.xxx.xx: 52591]
    AH01071: Got error PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 3 Passed to phpbb \\ \\ \\ autogroups kind \\ basic requirements :: __ construct () be an instance must of phpbb \\ \\ language language, instance of phpbb \\ user given,
     called in /home/www/client/phpbb_prod/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php on line 2256 and defined in /home/www/client/phpbb_prod/ext/phpbb/autogroups/conditions/type/base.php:57\ nStack trace: \ n # 0 /home/www/client/phpbb_prod/cache/production/container_4335734bbdd20f586549a504dff5f80c.php(2256):

phpbb \\ \\ autogroups terms \\ \\ basic kind -> __ construct (Object (phpbb_cache_container), Object (phpbb db \\ \\ \\ factory driver), Object (phpbb \\ user), 'phpbb_autogroup ...' , 'phpbb_autogroup ...', './', 'php') \ n # 1 /home/www/client/phpbb_prod/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Container.php(297):

phpbb_cache_container-> getDavid63_Privacypolicy_Autogroups_Type_PpacceptService () \ n # 2 /home/www/client/phpbb_prod/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ContainerBuilder.php(442): Symfony \\ Component \\ DependencyInjection \\ Co ... \ n ' , referer: https://www.myasthenie.com/ucp.php?mode=register&coppa=0
To be sure of my diagnosis, I installed an empty phpbb3.2.2 with just autogroups and privacypolicy assets and again the error

In the meantime, I disable privacypolicy and everything is paid in order ...
Thank's David for your answer and for your all extensions....

Best regards

friendly
Pierre
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

What happens if you disable autogroups?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

Which version of the Privacy Policy are you using?
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
pboulanger

Post by pboulanger »

hi David

I use the RC6 version the last disponible in gitub

have a nice day
pboulanger

Post by pboulanger »

hi Mick

without autogroups, privacy policy seem working fine

Have a good day
fabioganga

Post by fabioganga »

Hi, I have setup a new forum, and it would seem that I am now stuck with the only Admin unable to access the ACP.

Although I have accepted both Cookie and GDPR, when I click on it, it does nothing at all.

How can I regain access to the ACP, please?

I'm happy to fiddle with the database if needed.
fabioganga

Post by fabioganga »

fabioganga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:16 pm Hi, I have setup a new forum, and it would seem that I am now stuck with the only Admin unable to access the ACP.

Although I have accepted both Cookie and GDPR, when I click on it, it does nothing at all.

How can I regain access to the ACP, please?

I'm happy to fiddle with the database if needed.
I have resolved. I registered another user, had him to accept the cookie and GDPR and then manually entered the date in Unix datestamp from the database in user_accept_date field of the admin user. For some strange reason it didn't register the acceptance date from the Admin.
david63

Post by david63 »

fabioganga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:36 pm For some strange reason it didn't register the acceptance date from the Admin.
That is probably because you did not set "Force privacy acceptance" to "Yes"
David

fabioganga

Post by fabioganga »

david63 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:46 pm
fabioganga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:36 pm For some strange reason it didn't register the acceptance date from the Admin.
That is probably because you did not set "Force privacy acceptance" to "Yes"
I did, that's why it's strange.

I had an old RC5, now I have uploaded the new RC6 over RC5 (creating a new language folder "it" for the Italian language duplicating the "en" folder in the language section and translating the files accordingly) and everything has collapsed yet again....

I must be so dumb, I'm sure I'm missing something silly that is laughing at me hysterically.
fabioganga

Post by fabioganga »

I think I should go and take a bit of fresh air! I forgot to delete the contents of the cache folder! :D
Last edited by Mick on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary quoting.
david63

Post by david63 »

fabioganga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:00 pm I had an old RC5, now I have uploaded the new RC6 over RC5 (creating a new language folder "it" for the Italian language duplicating the "en" folder in the language section and translating the files accordingly) and everything has collapsed yet again....
david63 wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:38 pm Version RC6 released - see first post for download.

To install this version
  • Disable the Privacy Policy extension - there is no need to Delete Data
  • Delete the files
  • Upload the new files
  • Enable the extension
You should never upload a new version of any extension's files over a previous version.
David

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”